Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BL- Coral - Grange 26 - Week 21 - its like a lottery

Page 9 of 26
butters7388
Hi BrownDog77,

Out of interest, did you check out any of the other displays at Port Macquarie? Thoughts on the overall display village?

Cheers

Hi butters we didn't check out many but did look at the ones same side as Coral which were nice -think they may have been Perry & Hotondo & just Pycon?!? Over road which the two storey was beautiful. It's not as big as Newcastle but if there's a plan you want to see Id recommend going. We spent the day there & took kids to the skate Pk which they loved too

mik_n_bren
We also are first time builders/home owners building at Billys Lookout! We are in stage 9 so wont have our land registered until the end of the year. We have chosen to go with Coral Grange 28. Look forward to seeing your house come together!

Oh yay welcome neighbour! I've only met one other on here from BL they are MJH
we would've gone the 28 but couldn't with slope of our block
is your block flat? It's going ahead so quickly but they registered on time for us so it will fly by
let me know when you have a thread so I can follow & ask away if I can help with anything
it's so daunting but exciting too! There's a Coral happening down from us too Daydream (found it on council site)
not on here though I don't think?!?

Am I missing an update BD?
What's happening with you?

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Bridgetwitch
Am I missing an update BD?
What's happening with you?

- B

lol no you haven't missed anything we have nothing to update our start date was May but we are still going back and forth with our driveway
one minute our house needs moving back the next the driveway calculator is broken
then we need to add fill and extra $$$$ with a fixed price contract and today we have a message "all good we don't need to move house" lucky life has thrown us other more important issues of late" so we don't really care about driveway or house at moment
all I can say is "stay tuned to this space" oh and we are having bank issues too lol
how are you going? I think I've missed so much in everyone's threads lately need to catch up on them all

As long as your build isn't causing you stress then it's all good! I thought for sure you would have started and I just missed it... do you have a new start date?

As for me - I'm just chasing lazy b*stards that don't want to do their jobs (mortgage broker, bank, developer, solicitor) - I have turned into a micro manager already!!!

- B

What a full in time you are having

Hope it all sorts itself out

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Absolutely love the pics you posted of the grange display at port Mac. I am thinking of going up next month for a look after I secure my land.
I love your herringbone splashback idea. Can I ask was this an extra cost for the laying? Did you go elegance or designer, I've had a look back and couldn't find it anywhere?
Bridgetwitch
As long as your build isn't causing you stress then it's all good! I thought for sure you would have started and I just missed it... do you have a new start date?

As for me - I'm just chasing lazy b*stards that don't want to do their jobs (mortgage broker, bank, developer, solicitor) - I have turned into a micro manager already!!!

- B

Oh that's awful that your having to micromanage already
haha we thought we would've too but oh well more time to save $$$ I guess
no date ... I'm sure everything will happen this wk & Ill be in a world of stress as hubby away for a month so no help at all

charlibear
What a full in time you are having

Hope it all sorts itself out

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thanks CB I can't complain it's nothing compared to what you've been through
I need to catch up on yr thread too
driving hm to Newie tomoz from Bris so will do some catch-up then while driving through yr neck of the woods

brenybren
Absolutely love the pics you posted of the grange display at port Mac. I am thinking of going up next month for a look after I secure my land.
I love your herringbone splashback idea. Can I ask was this an extra cost for the laying? Did you go elegance or designer, I've had a look back and couldn't find it anywhere?

Your welcome we just saw the other grange today in QLD lovely too but didn't take as many pics will post tomoz. Port Mac def worth the drive we drove through there fri and were hoping for another look but we were there at 9 and they didn't open until 10 & we couldn't wait.

Thank you regarding herringbone tiles it didn't cost that much more will chk when I get hm and let you know but that included extra tiles as we will do splash back up behind rangehood to ceiling. We are doing designer as it worked out cheaper than elegance for what we wanted but we did most of the optional upgrades you can do with designer

Hi BD77 Do we have any good news updates?? Been almost a month since you have updated your thread. Where are you at with everything??
Hi Bribie I wish I could tell you I have something to update
We are still negotiating the retaining wall
Certifier told my hubby its no problem doing what we want, Coral just don't want to comply
frustrating but we are not budging if its possible. So fingers crossed it get resolved soon as over waiting to start build as you can imagine
BrownDog77
Certifier told my hubby its no problem doing what we want, Coral just don't want to comply
frustrating but we are not budging if its possible. So fingers crossed it get resolved soon as over waiting to start build as you can imagine

Oh dear another Coral good news story!
Lets hope this gets resolved soon so you can just move forward

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
bribiebell
BrownDog77

Oh dear another Coral good news story!
Lets hope this gets resolved soon so you can just move forward

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell

Fingers crossed but I think I've just accepted this build is going to be very long

Oh BD77
Can't believe you haven't got a slab yet!!!! I was wondering where you were at. Sounds like they are stalling for a start date. They tend to find all sorts of excuses until then... However, once it starts it will fly along.
Corallake
Oh BD77
Can't believe you haven't got a slab yet!!!! I was wondering where you were at. Sounds like they are stalling for a start date. They tend to find all sorts of excuses until then... However, once it starts it will fly along.

It's a bit of a nightmare must be cursed by the lake like you
hopefully yours picks up pace & ours begins

Hey BD77,
Any idea what the street trees are on Pitt Street, as you drive in to Billy's Lookout?
I was up there earlier today, really like the look of them.

Can't wait to see your house start browndog. It's been a while! Just revisited your finishes and they are great choices! I'm keen to see the larger Granges take shape! Have been keeping an eye on tracyt building the 23 and mj-mac4 and bestspecials building the 25!
BrownDog77

Thinking of these lights? 3 of the small one over island and a cluster of 3 (dif shapes / dif heights) over our dining table. Hopefully hubby agrees or they might just accidentally end up in our spare room anyhow

Check on eBay.. there are a lot of similar concrete and timber pendant lights for cheaper than beacon. I found some exactly the same only ceramic where the concrete is from pillow talk $29 each!
Related
9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum