Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

North Shore Newhaven (Sydney)

Page 9 of 9
Renman
Wow. That looks good.
Does it still have a thick layer of clear coat to protect the timber like a good finish?

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

It has 3 layers/coats of polyurethane.

It’s extremely hard wearing and is a commercial application.

The pic you posted looks like an oil based product. Looks great when new but with a high gloss, you will notice every single scratch and blemish.

I have a little son so i’m sure he’s gonna be rippin round the place.

That’s why we chose a satin, less maintenance and still looks good. Also with Loba, it’s waterbased so low chemical and no VOCs unlike oil based products.

Can you give me the full product name? I’ll do some research, sounds like this could be the product that we are looking for.

Renman
Can you give me the full product name? I’ll do some research, sounds like this could be the product that we are looking for.

Lobadur 2k Duo

https://www.floorsandingsupplies.com.au/Lobadur-2k-Duo

One year and 6 months on, we are finally getting our keys this week!

PC/ Settlement is happening this Thursday.

I cannot wait.

Hopefully they’ve fixed everything on the list.

That’s great news Nomnom - very exciting!

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
nomnomnom
So our Hebel floors are down and am just waiting for the second floor frame to be completed and roof trusses installed. Not a bad job but I noted that the hebel installers have failed to apply the anti corrosion paint to exposed reo in the Hebel slabs as shown here.

Went and checked the frame overhangs with a tape measure and lo and behold, they are all more than the 15mm tolerance allowed for a 90mm frame. In one corner it is wholly unsupported! I'm not sure why they think it's ok?

Hi Nom

did they fix all these issues. Just checking because we are in our framing stage.
Kandi
nomnomnom
So our Hebel floors are down and am just waiting for the second floor frame to be completed and roof trusses installed. Not a bad job but I noted that the hebel installers have failed to apply the anti corrosion paint to exposed reo in the Hebel slabs as shown here.

Went and checked the frame overhangs with a tape measure and lo and behold, they are all more than the 15mm tolerance allowed for a 90mm frame. In one corner it is wholly unsupported! I'm not sure why they think it's ok?

Hi Nom

did they fix all these issues. Just checking because we are in our framing stage.

yep. Make sure you check em.

So... anyone with a hebel house needs to know that after handover, you need to have the hebel sealed where the slab and hebel meet.

This was advised to me by Metricon and confirmed by CSR

As all my formwork for concreting around the house had been done, it was a bit of an effort to dig with a small trowel to expose the edge and then paint it with 2 coats of sealer.

I bought a brand called Cromellin from Bunnings. 4L is $70 and it’s really thick stuff so you just slap it on liberally. Then come back the next day and repeat.

I should explain that Sydney has had inclement weather all week. Monday was good weather so my landscaper did all the formwork. Then due to rain, The pour was delayed a few days until today being the first day of full sunshine.

This gave me enough time to paint on the sealer plus arrange for an electrician to install conduit for
qqqgarden lighting later on plus buy a
clothes line and a letterbox.

Finally the driveway got poured today plus then side paths also.[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180324/c0e46a2e798fa681af5c948el

nomnomnom
So... anyone with a hebel house needs to know that after handover, you need to have the hebel sealed where the slab and hebel meet.

As all my formwork for concreting around the house had been done, it was a bit of an effort to dig with a small trowel to expose the edge and then paint it with 2 coats of sealer.

I bought a brand called Cromellin from Bunnings. 4L is $70 and it’s really thick stuff so you just slap it on liberally. Then come back the next day and repeat.

I should explain that Sydney has had inclement weather all week. Monday was good weather so my landscaper did all the formwork. Then due to rain, The pour was delayed a few days until today being the first day of full sunshine.

This gave me enough time to paint on the sealer plus arrange for an electrician to install conduit for

Finally the driveway got poured today plus then side paths also.[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180324/c0e46a2e798fa681af5c948el

I like your side paths. What kind of clothesline did you get. Am I like the only person who wants a hills hoist? I feel like they fit more clothes on and dry better and faster as they can move.

emmyawards
nomnomnom

I like your side paths. What kind of clothesline did you get. Am I like the only person who wants a hills hoist? I feel like they fit more clothes on and dry better and faster as they can move.

I got a folding version from bunnings called TopDry.

I wanted to preserve most of the yard as we don’t have much space so a foldable line was the way to go otherwise I would have got a traditional hills hoist.

Nothing better than seeing your kids do 360’s on the hills hoist! hahaha

Good job with your build
My wife and I were looking at yours and Nthhome yesterday. Was great reading as we are looking at building Newhaven 42.
Really like your floorboards. Like your half gloss/half matte idea. Did you get your floorboards from carpet court? How did you get a good deal? Also, did you get carpets from Metricon or your own?

Did you get much backcredit from them?

thanks so much.
hope you guys are enjoying your new home and your hard fought over mini vanity in upstairs powder room! Well done there!

David
Hello All, We are in the process of building Metricon Newhaven 42. Just wanted to see if anyone is in a similar journey have recently built with Metricon

Thank you

Regards,
Kab
Related
7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum