Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Waldorf Grange by Porter Davis

Page 9 of 40
28 days even better!
Hello bd3watson, Waldorf_Grange_Build and Gravy, thank-you for your kind recommendations.
I am happy to go the Darbecca way!
However, does anyone of you know them well enough to introduce me to them directly?
I mean I already have a quotation from Briahna Love in Darbecca as well as two other inspection companies.
But a mate's recommendation is the best!
Special word of support and best wishes for you - Waldorf_Grange_Build!!
Block all mowed ready for site start

So exciting!! Can't wait to watch the process
Lovely bumping into you today
The grass is looking fab, honestly it made me jealous haha! Our's is nowhere near as nicely trimmed - we have so much random rubble and junk on our block from people dumping crap on it
We even had a tree growing and a whole bunch of blackberries and other fully grown bushes which we sprayed a few weeks ago and still refused to die. We've hauled away most of the crap so hopefully it won't be too much of an issue and they don't make us go back, my arms are dead,

Bring on the siteworks and slab baby. Ooooh yeah!
Gravy
Lovely bumping into you today
The grass is looking fab, honestly it made me jealous haha! Our's is nowhere near as nicely trimmed - we have so much random rubble and junk on our block from people dumping crap on it
We even had a tree growing and a whole bunch of blackberries and other fully grown bushes which we sprayed a few weeks ago and still refused to die. We've hauled away most of the crap so hopefully it won't be too much of an issue and they don't make us go back, my arms are dead,

Bring on the siteworks and slab baby. Ooooh yeah!

Yes a fair amount of rubbish ends up on the blocks. We even found a chiller bag

It is so deceptive what can be hidden in there.

Building permit came through today. We are all systems go. Will get our site start date shortly.

That's great, curious to see how long it takes from getting the permit to them starting the build!
Good luck and keep going!
Waldorf_Grange_Build
bd3watson
What?!?!? That's ridiculous, PD need to get their **** together!!

Hopefully you are getting all the bad luck out the way early and your build will fly by without a hitch!!!

I certainly hope so. It would be great to go to site and have smooth sailing after that as much as possible. I will be showing our site supervisor the notes on your blog to hopefully avoid some of the things you had to go through. If they know in advance it may make our build process smoother.

bd3watson how has your build been going these past two weeks?

Nothing happening on our end. Still no site start date from PD.
That's disappointing Waldorf, I thought they would move quick once they got council approval unless there is something else delaying them?
nikil
That's disappointing Waldorf, I thought they would move quick once they got council approval unless there is something else delaying them?

Yeah I'm not sure. I asked the BC yesterday what the update was as it had been a week with no news and she said she would let us know our site start soon. Then we received a construction drawing to sign and so we sent that back. Now waiting for whatever the next step is.
What is a construction drawing?
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Waldorf_Grange_Build
bd3watson

Hopefully you are getting all the bad luck out the way early and your build will fly by without a hitch!!!

I certainly hope so. It would be great to go to site and have smooth sailing after that as much as possible. I will be showing our site supervisor the notes on your blog to hopefully avoid some of the things you had to go through. If they know in advance it may make our build process smoother.

Hey hey hey!!

Build is going well, we are waiting on one of our back sliding doors to be fixed still and my SS doesn't want to start any of the major fitout jobs until the house could officially be locked up...

So he said he is getting electrical and heating/cooling done later this week (however this may not happen as it is a short week and it may be pushed to next week) and the door was supposed to be fixed on Monday and I haven't been past to check if it has or now so I'm not sure of the status of it...

so right now the house is in limbo just waiting... I do believe that if the door is fixed hen from next week it's all hands on deck and 6 weeks fit offs will be done then it's PCI and fixes and then Certificate of occupancy inspection.

nikil
What is a construction drawing?

It was 19 pages of the house from all different angles. Similar to the ones you get along the way through tender and contract but I suppose these are the final ones which you sign that they build from.

bd3watson
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Waldorf_Grange_Build
[quote="bd3watson"]

Hey hey hey!!

Build is going well, we are waiting on one of our back sliding doors to be fixed still and my SS doesn't want to start any of the major fitout jobs until the house could officially be locked up...

So he said he is getting electrical and heating/cooling done later this week (however this may not happen as it is a short week and it may be pushed to next week) and the door was supposed to be fixed on Monday and I haven't been past to check if it has or now so I'm not sure of the status of it...

so right now the house is in limbo just waiting... I do believe that if the door is fixed hen from next week it's all hands on deck and 6 weeks fit offs will be done then it's PCI and fixes and then Certificate of occupancy inspection.

[/quote]

Sounds like you will be in it before you know it. Have you started packing anything?

I've already been decluttering and throwing things away/donating to prepare and we haven't even got a slab. Haha. I figure no point moving anything to the new house if I don't need it anymore.

Just heard word that our site cut will be taking place next Tuesday 21 March and slab pour scheduled for April 5.
Yay!! That's great news!
Waldorf_Grange_Build
bd3watson
Waldorf_Grange_Build
[quote="Waldorf_Grange_Build"][quote="bd3watson"]

Hey hey hey!!

[/quote]

Sounds like you will be in it before you know it. Have you started packing anything?

I've already been decluttering and throwing things away/donating to prepare and we haven't even got a slab. Haha. I figure no point moving anything to the new house if I don't need it anymore.

[/quote]

We have everything in a storage unit already so it will just be packing the small things we have been living off for the last 12 months...

We have gotten a lot of quotes for things we are getting installed on handover I.e crimsafe doors, window tinting, concreting, spas, cameras etc.

You must be so excited about the slab date!!! And you're so lucky it's a dry part of the year so you won't have to worry about the rain!!

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum