Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

MainVue Amalfi 532 - Final Fit off

Page 9 of 23
I understand, I feel for you and would also be worried about everything being exposed to the elements. What does your SS say about all this?
And if its any consolation we really can't afford to build a new house and take trips to Perth at the same time... it's the joy and financial burden of having a child who does well in her chosen sport. They never seem to hold Nationals in Melbourne .
Good Luck for the rest of the week. Hopefully you'll have some good news and photos to post.

Saint Girl
I understand, I feel for you and would also be worried about everything being exposed to the elements. What does your SS say about all this?
And if its any consolation we really can't afford to build a new house and take trips to Perth at the same time... it's the joy and financial burden of having a child who does well in her chosen sport. They never seem to hold Nationals in Melbourne .
Good Luck for the rest of the week. Hopefully you'll have some good news and photos to post.

Not a whole lot really. I've said it before, but MainVue are not good communicators.

Ahh nice, at least if you have to travel it's somewhere decent! Two birds, one payment
Definitely agree camma about mainvue not being good communicators. We actually called them recently and then and only then they told us we had a new SS. We've expressed our disappointment about the communication to them and since we did it has improved. Our SS is calling us with regular updates.

Camma what facade did you choose?

Elite01
Definitely agree camma about mainvue not being good communicators. We actually called them recently and then and only then they told us we had a new SS. We've expressed our disappointment about the communication to them and since we did it has improved. Our SS is calling us with regular updates.

Camma what facade did you choose?

Yeah same thing happened with us early, but things haven't really gotten any better. I have to poke and prod for updates, and they're normally pretty vague. The worst thing is that I always feel like I'm the one being annoying by continually asking what's going on, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know what the plan is week by week.

We're doing the Eclipse facade, but we've deleted the render and changed to 50mm bricks, as we upgraded to Daniel Robertson bricks.
Camma, I checked out your bricks when I was at Cosham on the weekend. Love the texture of them and the colour will be really nice. It will really suit the area you're building in. Great choice!
Saint Girl
Camma, I checked out your bricks when I was at Cosham on the weekend. Love the texture of them and the colour will be really nice. It will really suit the area you're building in. Great choice!

Yeah credit goes to my wife on that one. We pretty much changed our entire external choices at one stage after an impromptu visit to Cosham; which I think will turn out much better in the end. All the changes we made we think will tie in better with the suburb, so should come up quite nice.
Love it...when you are building in an established suburb I think it is so important to respect the unique charm of your local neighbourhood.
We are all compromising of course... If the houses that we knocked down were perfect they'd still be standing
Saint Girl
Love it...when you are building in an established suburb I think it is so important to respect the unique charm of your local neighbourhood.
We are all compromising of course... If the houses that we knocked down were perfect they'd still be standing

Exactly right! We copped so many questions from everyone around the neighbourhood about why we were knocking the place down and starting again, as the place we bought had a mini renovation, and a lot of work outside done. But it hadn't been maintained, and was mostly falling apart. On top of that, the floor plan was horrible, and we would have had to have tipped in just as much money to renovate to get what we wanted than it was to build a new house. The best we can do now is try and tie it in with the rest of the neighbourhood, as it looks very weird when you place an extremely modern "Estate" house in the middle of an old suburb.
Hoping you get something this week Cam, I'm sure with this weather there will be progress.
I love the look of the smaller brick that's going to come up a treat in the end!
That's the hard part about KDR, making it not look entirely like a estate home. Oh and Bali have return flights for $359 atm.... Tempting isn't it!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81627&p=1505759#p1505759
Thanks Jane, I'm sure something will happen this week, as I've been promised that the Frame will be ready for inspection on Friday.

To add insult to injury, we got invoiced for the Frame stage today, even though it is far from done. Had to clear that one up with their finance team.

We've been invoiced for each stage when they are well into the next stage! That's clearly not a complaint from us though!

Saint Girl
We've been invoiced for each stage when they are well into the next stage! That's clearly not a complaint from us though!

I think the time they're taking with our build is adding to the problem. They've got plenty of time to generate invoices before the next stage begins.
Yeah that's a tad cheeky of them, at least it's all sorted though, I'll be looking forward to Friday and hopefully seeing some frame pics in this page

Thanks Jane! I hate to be complaining all the time, but we'd just hoped for better at the build stage. Hopefully we won't have any more delays with trades from here on out

I understand completely, its disheartening when you have other builds to compare it too. I have been doing the same even just with the admin stage trying to put dates on everything, and now with this stage, I'm doing the same, it's hard not too. The start is the hardest but once the roof is up the weather really shouldn't be an issue, positive thoughts! This week is a goodie weather wise!

JaneW
I understand completely, its disheartening when you have other builds to compare it too. I have been doing the same even just with the admin stage trying to put dates on everything, and now with this stage, I'm doing the same, it's hard not too. The start is the hardest but once the roof is up the weather really shouldn't be an issue, positive thoughts! This week is a goodie weather wise!

It's actually been more of a Construction restructure within Henley that's caused all the delays. Weather hasn't been a factor so far, which is why I've been a little frustrated by the delays.

Anwyay, rant over. Onto the next step.
Had a good chat with the SS this arvo. Things will start happening from tomorrow onwards. Colorbond roof will start from Monday. He also gave me a tentative rundown of the next few weeks, and it sounds like things will be moving well.

Feeling much better now that we know what's going on.

Glad to hear your feeling more confident. It's sounding pretty positive now

viewtopic.php?t=81336 Building with MainVue...Modified Ivory 436...our journey
Sounds good Camma! Things will be picking up as it has for us also

Awesome!

Related
25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

6/03/2024
How would you fit 2 showers and toilets in this space?

Bathrooms and Laundry

This is the current bathroom with a european laundry. Overall internal dimensions are 3.69 wide and 3.65m deep, including the footprint of the laundry. There is a toilet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum