Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our house in the middle of the street _ Splash of green!

Page 9 of 11
Sorry to hear that double Dutch, this is the wrong time for them to be dragging there feet. I really hope the last things happen in a flurry and you can get your hand over

How frustrating. And like u said its the little jobs that really dont take long but they dont priortise them.
Waiting,waiting and more waiting... hehehe tell me about it DD
but you will get there and I'm sure it will be worth it
PCI is scheduled for 30 September!!
Yay great news DD
Great news DD!! We are waiting for the photos!!
Wooooooo hooooo I've been waiting and waiting for you to have your turn. The 30th is my sons 7th birthday I defiantly won't forget your pc date in a hurry

Oh gosh DD - how exciting! Hope it goes well and can't wait for PCI pics
No worries we will take some pictures! Builder wanted to have the PCI on the 1st Oct, but we are staying in Melb for the night so couldn't do it on the 1st.

I am probably more excited about this night out, redoing our first official date on our 5th wedding anniversary, than the booked PCI. Just over this whole building experience!

Although we cannot complain since the whole experience has been well, but I find it exhausting, which is my own fault, not to myself stop being a control freak.
Good for you that your not being made wait till the 1st it's only one day but it seems like an eternity when your at the end.

Oh congrats on your upcoming wedding anniversary, such a special way to remember it. We just had our 8th anniversary and I forgot
shame shame shame I'll never live it down.

Your so close to being finished now, it will be all worth it

We did have another meeting with our fencing guy, he is going to do some additional retaining to create some planter boxes and a conversation pit.

I finally have my mojo back and am happy to pack up and start all over again in our own new home!
Looking forward to pics and PCI - yipppeee.
Oh that's good your fencing guy is going to do some extra, what's a conversation pit? Is it like a fire pit? Sorry dumb question

Nothing like getting the mojo back to get on with it, if you find mine let me know, I have a serious case of the can't be ars7ed

Tribe7
Oh that's good your fencing guy is going to do some extra, what's a conversation pit? Is it like a fire pit? Sorry dumb question

Uhmmm it is more likely my Dutch English, I could not come up with the English word, conversation pit is what Google came up with. Or you are simply too young! My parents used to have one in the 70's, it is a seating area which is lowered in the ground/floor. But indeed we are planning on using it to have a nice fire bowl, we will convert the retaining walls into benches.

I did receive a phone call from Plush, our sofas are in. All is going smoothly, too smoothly......
Love how its going smoothly but sometimes you sit and wonder what is gonna go wrong. Hopefully u have a smooth handover and no surprises
I thought it might on been a fire pit, I'm a 80s baby
. Sounds fab with the retaining wall seats, will be a great place to sit and chat.

Ohhh exciting your sofas are all ready, it's nice when things just fall into place without fighting for it.

Hoooorrrrraaayyyy today is your day, best of luck. Hope PCI goes really well.

No pics and worse no handover date!

Yesterday at our PCI our SS informed us that it wasn't going to be a PCI, but he didn't want to cancel on us. We ended up checking all the paint and brickwork so the next time when we do have our PCI things should go quickly.

Our SS is working towards a handover on the 14th, but can not promise anything since we still don't have a splash back, without this, no certificate of occupancy, so no hand over.

Things that need to be installed/finalised:
splash back
basin in powder
microwave, over, dishwasher
replace mirror in bathroom
corking in kitchen and bathroom
heating and cooling
paint touch ups
GPO under bench in laundry is missing

So still a long list of things....... Might forget about all of this and focus on the long weekend
Oh no what a downer.

Great attitude tho. Enjoy the long weekend. Its gonna be a lovely weekend.
Oh boo and damn it. I hope your ss is on the ball and gets everything ticked off quickly to meet your hand over date.

Enjoy your wedding anniversary/ do over date

We did enjoy a lovely night out on Thursday and love to redo our first official date (dinner on level 89 of the Eureka tower).

Another thing we did realise is that our builder forgot to order the plantation shutters for the Master. We now have to wait 4-6 weeks before they will be installed. The whole idea was to pay a bit of extra $$ to avoid having temporary blinds/sheets in front of the windows.

We do have a feeling that we lost a bit of our enthusiasm.....
On the weekend we decided that retail therapy would possible help to minimise this. The shopping was successful, maybe a bit too successful, but we still feel a bit flat. Surely that will disappear as soon as we have an official date.

Anyway, we keep on making arrangements with handover date of the 14th in mind, so hopefully I don't need to reschedule all these appointments.
Related
27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

8/04/2024
Is this too low vs Cross Over/Street Level?

Building A New House

Thanks! I'm spoke to the builder I'm not sure if this is all true but basically went along the lines of they considered all options and if I was to compact and fill it…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum