Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral homes daydream 30 at Logan Village

Page 9 of 10
That's a huge slab for the shed!

Are you enjoying your new home? Does it feel like home yet? Did you lay that grass?
Mellywil
That's a huge slab for the shed!

Are you enjoying your new home? Does it feel like home yet? Did you lay that grass?

Home is great, so loving living in it.
The grass down the side of the house was all our work, got that done as soon as possible to try and stop some of the dust and give the dog a place to play.
After getting the drive and shed slab poured we organised for the shed to be delivered and assembled. Actually happened about 2 weeks after the slab, pretty happy to get it done and have somewhere to put all the stuff we didn't want in the garage and house.

jwbear
After getting the drive and shed slab poured we organised for the shed to be delivered and assembled. Actually happened about 2 weeks after the slab, pretty happy to get it done and have somewhere to put all the stuff we didn't want in the garage and house.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/comfortablynumb119/P1010129_zps0tvwor09.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/comfortablynumb119/P1010125_zpsxaehglru.jpg

Oh that is an amazing shed, hubby wants one about that size too
Next in the process is the front entrance and front lawn, sounds so simple when I say it that quickly but it was a lot of hard work through some of the hottest weather. Pretty happy with the result, may tweek it a bit but overall very happy with the way it is.

Coming together nicely !

As you said it is easy saying it, but a lot of hard work to actually do it.
Looks great. My hubby loves your front entrance and is thinking of doing that for ours now hehe

My build
viewtopic.php?t=76386
It looks great jwbear. Just wondering though, do you not have a path to your front door? Are you planning on putting a path in or just leaving it? I think my husband would love to have no path... discourage visitors! LOL
Looks beautiful! Am totally considering copying that idea

Building our first dream home in NSW
Looks better in real life... I drove past your place today to see how that area is coming along.

I see a bloke further down your street has got a sign up saying how unhappy he is with Dixon homes, with his phone number on it... Obviously not too impressed with them.

I think someone else on this forum got their timber delivered today a couple of streets further around... I think that was the place.
Mellywil
It looks great jwbear. Just wondering though, do you not have a path to your front door? Are you planning on putting a path in or just leaving it? I think my husband would love to have no path... discourage visitors! LOL

Hey Mellywil, nope no path, if someone wants to come to the front door they can walk up the drive and then there are pavers that get them to the door, they are just out of shot in the pics, but pretty easy to see and everyone uses it that way.
bpratt
Looks better in real life... I drove past your place today to see how that area is coming along.

I see a bloke further down your street has got a sign up saying how unhappy he is with Dixon homes, with his phone number on it... Obviously not too impressed with them.

I think someone else on this forum got their timber delivered today a couple of streets further around... I think that was the place.

Yep, not too happy with Dixon, and it is all over lots of small stuff that they won't come back to fix nothing major.
Thanks for all the great comments about the entrance guys, we did go through a few different ideas but when we saw the timber look pavers, especially the ones that look like sleepers near the front door that was the decision made. They look so good and have a really good texture to them. Very happy with how it all turned out.
Love the front garden! Great job!
bpratt

Me! Yay
Still so, so busy. Have got heaps done in the last couple of months, we have no other life other than this house, lol.

So am going to put up a few posts.

Had to get the rain water out of the back yard and decided to go with putting in a separate drainage system all the way to the front that does not use the storm water pipes from the house. Just didn't want any hassles with Coral warranties and we can get easy access to all the drainage.
Had to dig it all twice after a massive storm hit when we had dug out the drain the first time and filled in all our hard work.
Sucked big time.

As soon as all the drains were in and working it was time to get some more grass down and get rid of a bit more dust. So we ordered in 170sqm of turf to do from the front boundary all the way down one side of the house to the shed. Luckily for us Mick who brought the turf had his bobcat with him and was able to space the pallets of turf down the side of the house for us so we didn't have to carry each piece too far. With us 2 and a some great help from my parents we had the whole lot done in 2 1/2 hours, damn impressive.

Now that we have stopped some of the dust from coming in, it was time to move onto the inside to put a few personal touches into the place. When we first moved in we really wanted to have plantation shutters on our double hung windows but we wanted them to double as security as well so that we could open them if we wanted to and have a good view outside without security screens but that when they were closed and locked they would give us really good security. Seriously expensive to go down this path as we found out but after a bit of searching found a company that just makes them to your specs. We did all the work, measurements and design, extras etc, placed our order and when they were ready I went and picked them up and we installed them ourselves. Saved us soooo much money doing it this way and they are fantastic. What we ended up with are aluminium security shutters that are key locked top and bottom and hinged so that we can unlock them and open them up when we are home. They are so nice. We also got some timber shutters for the space between our master bedroom and ensuite, they look great too and really give the master a resort feel.
Looks great jwbear! You've been working hard.
It looks great jwbear! Can you send me a PM with the details of the shutter company? We're still in two minds about what to do at the front of our house with the boys' rooms, but these might be a good option.

I never realised how much of a difference a nice lawn makes. You guys did a great job laying all that turf
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum