Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building at Northlakes Estate- Cameron park

Page 9 of 159
Pink86
Cameron32, we are planning to build on a 500m2 block. We have exchanged. There has to be 6m from garage & 4m from house. We have a grassed area of 6m x 15m wide back yard & 4metres down one side of the house (2m next to garage the rest is 4m) and 1m down the other side. This is a 30sq home inc alfresco.

We have not yet had our plans sent to council but our builder wasn't concerned one bit. I hope this info helps in any way.

thanks alot..
Cameron32
5m from house and 6m from garage thats the std setback limit for so long, what's now?

Something about back of house must be at least 3mtr from rear boundary
powerfamilybuild
If you go onto the lake Mac website it will show you the house numbers.

Click access online services in green then property enquiry, put in lot number and it should show you

Thanks for that.
Does anyone know BAL ratings for stage 34?
There was a pdf available on the northlakes estate website. I have a copy at home if you can't find it.
Dunsyre100
There was a pdf available on the northlakes estate website. I have a copy at home if you can't find it.

If you could send it to me it would be great, I can find stage 33 but not 34.
Hi guys, glad we found this forum! We are also building in Caneron park, top of Dunsyre Av, corner block. Figured we'd introduce ourselves so we can all watch over each other's properties as we undertake this exciting time!

I've read a few dramas in past building posts regarding vandalism and dumping on site, figured this will be the best go to point to ensure we all have a smooth build!
Powerfamily, stage 34 bushfire report should be here: http://northlakesestate.com/pdf/stage34-bushfire.pdf
Cameron32
Anyone know lake macquaire council or developer rule for building a house? how much area can occupy in 500m2 land?

Dwelling can't have a footprint over 50% of the property.

To the people with unwanted trees, I know of lots of people who just had all their trees removed and never asked council for permission, and none of them ever had any issues with council...

Hi all
Just purchased a block on Bellavia st from the perly release.
Now to deciding on a builder/design.
Land is unregistered but real estate agent said it wont be long.
Anyone know roughly how long it was from release to registration ?

Thanks
Usually its take 3 months, who is your builder and how much fall on your block?
Havent't chosen a builder yet. Been in discussions with Hotondo & Eden Brae. I'm wanting to modify the design and estimate price that comes back makes me go bk to the drawing baord and look for another design.
Fall across the whole block is 3m, but the main build area is 2m. All the floorplans been within the 2m but i been wanting to make them longer which then goes across the the next fall.
Did you paid deposit to builder or it's free tender?

I know the land release was like expression if interest, don't mind me asking, how much you paid extra from the advertised price?
The IGA next to the community centre is coming along. Looks like it'll be a Supa IGA judging by the size.
Yarborough
The IGA next to the community centre is coming along. Looks like it'll be a Supa IGA judging by the size.

Have they started construction? I don't go past that way very often, last time I looked there was nothing there.
MDJ
Did you paid deposit to builder or it's free tender?

I know the land release was like expression if interest, don't mind me asking, how much you paid extra from the advertised price?

Haven't paided any builder, just talking to tell and emailing them ideas. But when im ready and want the plans to be properly designed then i will have to pay. all im doing atm the moment is downloading there fllorplans a jpg and using ms paint to remove walls and cut and paste rooms around then i email them the pic as and is this possible and can i widen or extend the house ? then they tell me yay (this much extra approx) or nay (cuz to long / to much slope etc)

it released as expression of interest on 24th jan for 2 weeks (had to fill out form and have up to 4 lots listed that u are interested in). then on tues 3rd feb it was offically released for sale. R.A contacted me about 11am telling x amount of ppl r wanting ur selected blocks, u need to submit an offer within the hr. the highest offer will get the block. so i increased my offer on all 4 lots.
2 lots $170k 2 lots $180k. i just offered the same amount for all 4. $192k. then on wed 4th r.a rang to say that my 3rd choice im 2nd on the list, so if the leading bidder dont want the block then it's mine and the 4th choice i was the leading bidder.. so i had a block no matter wat the outcome.. in the end i got 4th choice. which i think was better now cuz its 1m wider than 3rd block but 3-5m shorter in length.

i have now received & signed the contract of sale from the solicitors. awaiting bank valuation on land which should of happened thurs/fri. so hopefully next week i can pay deposit.

also speaking to r.a. he thinks that registration of land should be soon, as the developer is in the final process, and since they done plenty of releases they know what is required to speed things up. thats wat my agent and solicitor have both told me. so i just wait and continue looking for a suitable design..
Uyllii
Yarborough

Have they started construction? I don't go past that way very often, last time I looked there was nothing there.

Definitely started. It's closer to the Community Centre than the corner.
Hi everyone,

We too have have just purchased a block in Bellavia St. We are currently renting on Northlakes Dr opposite the Community Centre so we have a birdseye view of the IGA going up. Could have used it today when we ran out of bread!
KLB
Hi everyone,

We too have have just purchased a block in Bellavia St. We are currently renting on Northlakes Dr opposite the Community Centre so we have a birdseye view of the IGA going up. Could have used it today when we ran out of bread!

Hi KLB

Which lot did u purchase on bellavia ? i got 4467. have u a builder ? which real estate you go with - Creer or Raine & Horne. Did they give you an indication of when registration of land will be occurring ?
dr_moebius
Hi KLB

Which lot did u purchase on bellavia ? i got 4467. have u a builder ? which real estate you go with - Creer or Raine & Horne. Did they give you an indication of when registration of land will be occurring ?

Hi dr_moebius

We got Lot 4475 which is the battleaxe block at the end of the culdesac
We are going through Raine & Horne who seem to be pretty helpful so far. When I queried when registration would be ages ago I was told most likely sometime in March. All the infrastructure is complete so I can't see why there should be any dramas.

At the moment we are 95% certain we will be building a 2 storey with Allcastle Homes. Our block is quite big (934sqm) but there is a slope at the back so to make the best use of the block and limit site costs a 2 storey seems the way to go for us.
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum