Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building henley Monaco Nouveau Q1 - Our thread :)

Page 9 of 11
Looking good sunct!

Aston boy, my butlers pantry window looked low before the cabinets went in and i got the SS to double check if it was correct and it was all perfect once the cabinets went in.

Is your windows up already? Cause it might look high now is cause they will leave about 100mm on the top of window frame to the actual timber on the top.
Hey cpl... ours is not in. You can see the frame for the window and it sits high. That being said it wouldn't surprise me if it's just the way it looks ATM. You'd like to think they're on top of things like this. They have the plans. I guess I'll just have to trust them.
Aston Boy
Hey cpl... ours is not in. You can see the frame for the window and it sits high. That being said it wouldn't surprise me if it's just the way it looks ATM. You'd like to think they're on top of things like this. They have the plans. I guess I'll just have to trust them.

Haha once it is in you will question why its too low! Haha
Too many things to contemplate.
Hello everyone an update we received from our admin.
• The floor coverings are scheduled to be installed to your home this week
• The paint touch-ups to your home will take place next week
• The supervisor’s inspection will then take place for a quality assessment to your home, from which any items found as a result will be fixed, rectified or touched up as required.
• The handover department will then take over with their ‘handover program’ which is a series of quality inspections that take place to your home.
• Once the final quality inspection has taken place, we will then be able to determine a time frame or date for your final inspection to take place to your home.

Hows it going for everyone? Major progress aston boy looks like a proper house now. You will surely be in before Christmas.
Fantastic news for you all Sunct.
So how would you describe the whole process up until this stage? Has it been fairly problem free?

Thanks for that. I agree it goes so quickly. With some luck we'll be bricked and up to lock up in the next week or two.
We’ve had absolutely no problem so far Aston boy… the site supervisor has been awesome… met him a few times and he’s so detailed and we even got to the schedule for everything…. The admin has also responded to us immediately and whenever we wanted to talk to the supervisor he’s called us immediately.
Only one thing I kinda worry about is the titles in the Ensuite coz they are different tiles in the shower two walls and the rest of the ensuite have separate tiles.. hope it looks good 
Quote:

Hi sunct!
How big is the gap between your basin and your wall.
If the gap is too small, I am thinking of asking SS later to position the basin right against the wall..
Do you think it's possible to ask SS to do this?
mtz08 from what I could see the basin is postioned againt the wall with no gaps at all.
oh ok thanks! thats good to hear

from your picture, i thought there is a tiny gap between basin and the wall under your mirror (maybe its just my eyes) haha.

I am feeling like I have "small gap complex" LOL!
last time it was the gap between garage wall and boundary, now is the gap between basin and wall. i just don't like having small gaps here and there haha.
Lol mtz08 I understand... now I have an issue I think our render colour looks too yellow and I dont think it looked like that when we chose it sigh :C They havent given us a date as yet... I was under the impression it would be soemtime this week but oh well... so we went to the house the flooring etc is all done now and just the inspection needs to be done from their end. All touch ups completed. I think its happenign enxt week after which they will call us to inspect... sigh so want to move in now especially after seeing it in the last stages

Oh wow Sunct. That has come so far. Looks absolutely fantastic !!
It's so great to watch a Monaco several stages ahead and see what's in store for us.

By the way I think your render looks nice. You'll get used to it.
Thanks Aston Boy... your bricks look good too. When are they startign to lay the bricks? The carpet also looks different… I think coz sometimes we forget the colour… the carpet is more brownish too… Now I got to make sure that our paintings and décor match the dark flooring we chose.
Did you’ll choose different tiles for the floor and the shower for your bathrooms and ensuite… we did that as more matt tiles for the floor and glossy ones for the shower cubicle… it all worked out well … such a relief.
I loveeeeeeeee the long mirror in the WC basin. Can anyone suggest where I can get a floating shelve for under the basin pre-cut around the pipe of the sink so I can put it under the basin as we don’t have a vanity in the WC.
Hey sunct... they started laying them on Tuesday and have done quite a bit already. I agree though. Colour selection seems so long ago that we're forgetting what our interior selections will actually look like and are a little worried they may not come off in a good way

I "think" we went the reverse of what you said. Glossy tiles for bathroom/ensuite floors and the same tiles in matte for the showers to avoid slipping from memory.

You might have some luck for your shelf at Masters. We had our first look at one of their stores last weekend and they have a lot of great solutions you don't see at Bunnings like the pedal bins that go in cupboards etc. That notwithstanding maybe just call up a cabinet maker and they should be able to do something for you ??

Here's a pic of the bricks so far.

oh wow the bricks are lookign awesome
so exciting I think u will be in way before Christmas too and so will mtz08. Yes good idea to check masters out. Are u doing ur own shelves for the wardrobes or getting a cabinet maker? I got such high quotes form cabinet makers so we will do the shelves ourselves. There is so much to do once we move in. Havent even checked out window coverings as yet. Any ideas what to do for the bathroom, WC and ensuite windows please. Thanks.
sunct
Are u doing ur own shelves for the wardrobes or getting a cabinet maker?

My wife mentioned something about Ikea to me recently sunct... worth a look
Just type shelving and/or wardrobes in their search bar. They have a few options.

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/80194891/
Wow looking great guys! Amazing how things are moving fast!
Hey cpl... you're still lurking?
How's the settling in going?
Thanks Aston boy...

Guess what our Inspection is scheduled for the coming Friday mid day wowwwwwwwww... time does fly.

Please advise what we need to keep our eye out for. CPL any suggestions since you've been through this. How long does it take pls? Thanks.
Ok so we had our final home inspection.. Not many issues ll paint related... So that's going to be fixed and we should get our keys next week... Very exciting. The house looked great and they have done an awesome job
will put pics up shortly.
Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum