Building ForumBuilding A New House

Arden Developments

Page 9 of 163
Yes we are doing couple of modifications
1. Added one bedroom downstairs removed home theater room
2. Extended garage 1m
3. Increase benchtop width to 1.2m
4. Increased ceiling heights
Our land is realising in may we got call yesterday for colour selection hope they keep their promise to start in june or july
Hi all, just a quick update on how things are going from our end.

We are into week 8 of our build. And we are well into lock up stage.

Generally, I've been happy with Arden so far. The communication from the SS is great and he is very approachable. He seems to have his scheduling of trades nailed down well, as it seems like there is work on or house everyday, where weather permits. The most pleasing aspect has been the quality, with our inspector only finding a couple minor faults so far (last inspection done at frame stage).

Only negative, and something I can't stress enough is, if you make changes to your plans from the original design, make sure you check the specs and drawings 100 times. As I noticed a few things changed/get missed, and only as late as last month I had to get my plans varied.

Arden are also constructing two displays homes, which happen to be right behind my house. I am happy to say that our home is still tracking ahead/along the same path of the displays, which started around the same time (I was worried that they would prioritise their displays before our house).
Jeeta23
Hi all, just a quick update on how things are going from our end.

We are into week 8 of our build. And we are well into lock up stage.

Generally, I've been happy with Arden so far. The communication from the SS is great and he is very approachable. He seems to have his scheduling of trades nailed down well, as it seems like there is work on or house everyday, where weather permits. The most pleasing aspect has been the quality, with our inspector only finding a couple minor faults so far (last inspection done at frame stage).

Only negative, and something I can't stress enough is, if you make changes to your plans from the original design, make sure you check the specs and drawings 100 times. As I noticed a few things changed/get missed, and only as late as last month I had to get my plans varied.

Arden are also constructing two displays homes, which happen to be right behind my house. I am happy to say that our home is still tracking ahead/along the same path of the displays, which started around the same time (I was worried that they would prioritise their displays before our house).

Dear Jeeta23,

It is great to hear your update. Is that possible you can share your electrical plan? And also I want to know your total cost including all the changes you have made, let me assume all updates are around 30K-40K? Site cost 20K, then the total cost is 380K to 390K? Thanks.
lzboycn
It is great to hear your update. Is that possible you can share your electrical plan? And also I want to know your total cost including all the changes you have made, let me assume all updates are around 30K-40K? Site cost 20K, then the total cost is 380K to 390K? Thanks.

Hi lzboycn,

I'd rather not provide my exact costs on here for the world to see, however I'm happy to help you with costs of certain things via PM or guide you.

In relation to the costs above, mine were allot more, as i also added an alfresco, upgraded facade with balcony and numerous cosmetic upgrades. House ended up being 47 squares not the 43.

Cheers
Dear all,

Has anyone is trying to discuss with Arden to change some taps from default Phoenix to other brands like hansgrohe, if those taps are provided by us, is that OK for Arden to install them?
lzboycn
Dear all,

Has anyone is trying to discuss with Arden to change some taps from default Phoenix to other brands like hansgrohe, if those taps are provided by us, is that OK for Arden to install them?

Best to ask your CSA to be sure, but I wouldn't think it will be a issue.

I am supplying my own ovens, and getting the electrician to install Clipsal Saturn, that I will provide.
Thanks Jeeta final inspection schedules for 19/4.

Our site supervisor is on leave for 2 weeks, so let's hope things will keep moving with the construction manager taken the supervising role. I guess it may be a blessing in disguise. 😉

Certificate of occupancy was ordered yesterday, hopefully we can move in this month.
Hi everyone did anyone know how much arden homes charge to upgrade to timber pivot door? We got our colour selection on 28 april hopimg not to go over budget on slections.

Thanks
Hi All,

We have just started on the journey to build our first house with Arden. We have picked the Votivo 43 and really moved things around to suite our needs. So far we have been really happy with the sales team, and the fact all the changes we wanted have been incorporated and the cost has not increased.

Our file has now been sent to head office so waiting for the first colour meeting. How long have people waited since the file went to the head office till the first meeting?

We are building in Altona North on a empty plot, so we don't have to wait for the land to title. Settlement on the land is in May and we hope to start in July/August.

Any tips you have would be good, we have only been in Australia for 8 months, moved from the UK so not used to self build.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Our file was send to head office on 2 march now we got our colour selection on 28 april. They dont have any tender appointments in may i think this might will delay our building i was told they can start in july which i think now which will not be possible because contract signing happen after 4 weeks after tender our land is titling in may not happy with their delay in appointments normally tender 2 weeks after colur selection.
Ratnesh
Yes we are doing couple of modifications
1. Added one bedroom downstairs removed home theater room
2. Extended garage 1m
3. Increase benchtop width to 1.2m
4. Increased ceiling heights
Our land is realising in may we got call yesterday for colour selection hope they keep their promise to start in june or july

Hi Ratnesh, i'm also building with Arden, but just going into colour selections. I am planning to increase my benchtop to 1.2m as well. How much did they charge you for it? I assume they will also include the servery table to be increased? Thanks.
Jeeta23
lzboycn
Dear all,

Best to ask your CSA to be sure, but I wouldn't think it will be a issue.

I am supplying my own ovens, and getting the electrician to install Clipsal Saturn, that I will provide.

Hi Jeeta, I am new to home1 but i've been following this forum for months until i finally decided to sign up today.

I am also building the votivo with Arden and am just about to go into my colours appointment. I have read mixed feedback from other forums here about supplying your own stuff.
How did you get Arden to agree to install you own supplied ovens?
What else can you ask them to install if you supply them?
I am also thinking about changing my switches to clipsal (strato) - did Arden credit you back all the included switches if you are going to supply your own? How does that work?

Thanks.
Hi
They charged nearly $1800 for increasing benchtop to 1.2 and for servery table my sales consultant wasnt sure i will confirm this at colour selection and let you know
What about downlights? I don't know what a ceiling batten is but guessing it would be an upgrade to get downlights? How expensive would this be?

We are changing builders to Arden after bad experience with another builder, so a little nervous 2nd time around!

Oh and we are looking to build the votivo too!

Ezza78
What about downlights? I don't know what a ceiling batten is but guessing it would be an upgrade to get downlights? How expensive would this be?

We are changing builders to Arden after bad experience with another builder, so a little nervous 2nd time around!

Oh and we are looking to build the votivo too!

Yes it is $140 to get extra downlight and $91 in lieu of batten we also singed up with metricon before they sound tricky to me after putting deposit and their inclusion list is like zero everything we need we have to upgrade which is costing us more lost $1000 depost with metricon so far happy with arden but their appointments are long waiting which will delay our building process i think
We've lost $7k with a custom builder who has stuffed us around with extra site costs and way longer timeframes than first promised!

Thanks for the info. What other upgrades did u need to do? Wanna make sure I've not forgotten something.

Thanks!

Hi
Have your got fixed site costs? Arden just put 17500 allowance for site costs i am not sure is that ok.
We are extending garage 1m making alfresco and couple extra bedroom downstairs and couple of more tiny upgrades. Which estate you are building
We are doing a knock down rebuild. No fixed site costs but they've put a large amount in because it's a KDR.

Ezza78
We are doing a knock down rebuild. No fixed site costs but they've put a large amount in because it's a KDR.

Their are so many other small upgrades we did
Pull out bins
Gas points in alfresco
Butler pantry cuboards
Stacker door
Provision for microwave
Ceiling heights
Front timber door
Door intercom

when we have colour selection their will be some more
Thanks. How much did gas point in alfresco cost?

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum