Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

LOOSE LAY KARNDEAN - update from old thread

Page 9 of 9
If it's one dog and is not running in circles should be ok.l don't have any pet,l have had my
daughter's dog inside and it was ok.l have summer oak and it's light enough that l don't
think l would see scratches,will see if l have some pics that l can show.Not sure if you asked
Q about planks butting up to carpet with stripe mine is metal not very wide.l had concerns
that it would standout,l don't notice at all.if l built again I would have same.l think it's the
easiest of the floor surfaces to look after imo.
pattycake4
If it's one dog and is not running in circles should be ok.l don't have any pet,l have had my
daughter's dog inside and it was ok.l have summer oak and it's light enough that l don't
think l would see scratches,will see if l have some pics that l can show.Not sure if you asked
Q about planks butting up to carpet with stripe mine is metal not very wide.l had concerns
that it would standout,l don't notice at all.if l built again I would have same.l think it's the
easiest of the floor surfaces to look after imo.

Thanks pattycake4. Would love to see some pics. I will chat to Harry from Complete Carpets in Blackburn. He is the guy we are dealing with. He's super to deal with!
edited

hope this is useful
We were meant to get the country oak. I would love it if you post some photos please.

I think this flooring would be fine with a small to medium sized dog. We have two big boofy things sliding across it and that's pushing the envelope
Patty cake your floor looks sensational. So real!
Gorgeous! Summer oak was my first choice but was a little too pricey so ended up with classic oak, happy with it. It's got a good variation of colours so I think any scratches would just look part of it.
Sorry dreamline I meant treat it as though wood as in don't go dragging stuff over it. I've come from a place with tiles and I definitely have to before aware on how I move things in the house.

We have the loose lay polyflor brand. Still 5mm thick though. Check my blog for pics. Link in signiture

Patty your floor looks amazing. Great colour.

SB - that a shame the sanding didn't reduce the scratches. Do you think the darker floor shows it more?
Hey Renski,
Not sure if it's the dark floor. Regret going for the stripping and resealing, we thought it would help. It's showing the marks even more now.
Just don't care anymore. Still looks nice enough and guests dont really notice it and we are happy enough to have it for a couple of more years. Then we will rip it out and tile.
Vinyl planks just don't work for us but I'm sure they are a good option for a lot of other people.
Thanks for your photo's pattycake4. Your floors look lovely. When our house is actually built in a couple of months time, I will try to post some pics
pattycake4

hope this is useful

Thanks SO much. The photos help a lot
Serialbuilder
We were meant to get the country oak. I would love it if you post some photos please.

I think this flooring would be fine with a small to medium sized dog. We have two big boofy things sliding across it and that's pushing the envelope

Building should start from this month ... so when we finally have the floor down in a couple of months I will try to post a pic

Dreamline
cant wait to see your floors go in Dreamline. Im pretty sure my friend just laid country oak last week. Ill see if she will allow me to share some pics on here. she laid it in a renovation house over tiles

Here is the tiles where the carpet meets. its not noticable at all.

Related
26/03/2024
Help! Why are my hybrid floors coming loose?

General Discussion

A Sabco spin mop, minimal moisture, not very regularly. I was told these hybrids are water resistant 🤷‍♀️

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

26/06/2023
Restoration of old cupboard

General Discussion

Hi I bought an old cupboard that is in desperate need of some TLC. I was seeking some advice as to the best product to use to give it an oil but also bring it to life a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum