Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with 101 Res. (WA) - WE ARE IN!

Page 9 of 13
Hey thanks for all the responses everyone, but as yet I am no closer to having an answer! Everyone has different opinions (my husband likes blue, my dad likes aqua, my mum likes yellow)
Guess that means I can do whatever, and some will like it and some won't
Grumbles I think a red door would look great, BUT I have never been a red person, and so it seems contradictory to paint it red
You walk in my house and there is lots of colour but not a lot of red! Looks like stripes might be an option

Here's a few of my current things:

and here's what's in my cupboard ready for the new house:

looking at these I think yellow is out, and maybe I'll just flip a coin to decide between aqua and blue
Leighlou too funny about the downlights, we are very similar it seems. I too enjoy red in other peoples homes but not for my house, great idea to throw out there Grumble for others looking to do something similar. I am hoping to have lots of blue and white in the new house.

Love the colour of the lamp and the chest
they are going to look lovely. Lots of gorgeous goodies in your cupboard too, bet your itching to start using and displaying everything.
Aqua vote here too.
loving the missoni towels
Hi leighlou!!!

I simply cannot wait to see your finished home!! The hamptons inspired colours and decorating sound absolutely whimsical and so well suited to your area and the alkimos lifestyle!!

I like the teal for the door too

Jen
A couple snaps of our render (Dulux Milton Moon)

Wow, how good does that look! Happy with your colour choice?
Oh yes! I really love it
Very glad I went with the Windspray roof, think if I'd gone Surfmist it would have been lacking dimension. Three colours trick always seems a winner
Omg I am dying!!! It's such a perfect grey!!!!

Your house makes me want to sip cocktails in the breeze on a balmy day!

TGIF haha
I think those exterior colours would look fab as your inside wall colours. Those teal, aqua etc colours would look perfect with milton moon.
Thanks guys
Cocktails on a breezy day eh? Sounds great Jen! Just my kind of afternoon

Shower screens and mirrors installed sometime yesterday. Look so shiney
One of our shower heads and arms has gone awol though, not sure what that's about?!?

Hi LeighLou,

I think the more colours the better ! My husband and I built the blue house on the hill in Shorehaven Rise, Alkimos. The one you see when youre driving up Marmion ave. Its our first build and was fun, took us best part of 2 and a half years though. We are moving in there in December and are so excited, weve been away so Im really excitd to see how much Alkimos has been built up in the last year. Hope all goes well with yours and everyones build
Loving the Milton Moon it looks fantastic, can't wait to have my own Milton Moon moment. Love the big mirror in the bathroom too, did you upgrade to have that...we were thinking since we have a variation coming up in regards to our kitchen we would tack on some last minute things with a longer mirror being one of them.
Looking amazing!!! I am soooo looking forward to seeing your house complete!

Especially with all your decorating!!!

Do you have a pci date yet? It must be close?!
It's been a while since I checked in on your thread....great progress, loving the colours. Milton Moon render is superb....I loooove grey at the moment, and seeing your place makes me feel much more confident about having a grey and white scheme in my house. Looking forward to seeing more pics!!
Hi Davies I am not actually in Alkimos but Beaumaris Beach but when I take a drive down that way I will be sure to look for your house, sounds amazing!

Thanks JJ's. I am really happy with the colour. I was pretty keen to go with a grey theme which has been easy for the most part except for tiles. Not a lot of true grey porcelain around:)

Things are slowly progressing on our build. We've given notice on our rental and have an anticipated move date of the 9th Nov. Very nervous that we're not going to done in time though
Three weeks doesn't seem far away!

This week the painter has been in doing the doors. They look sooooo good. I was advised by my CL that the original colour I chose for the doors - designer white - is not a bright white so she recommended that I change to WA White which is a very stark white. So glad I did!! Will post photos when I have paint on the walls!

Here's the stair hand railing that went in this week:

Stairwell looks great!

And you get all the extra light from it in your kitchen!!

Giving notice on your rental must have been a big moment!!! I bet you are glad not to be doing that anymore!
Ooh very stylish stairs, not long to go now.
love the stairs! everything is looking fab. so glad to see that it is all coming along!
Related
29/12/2023
res code

Buying Land

There's a fee

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum