Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Build! *Fowler Build* Fences come down Friday!

Page 9 of 10
Hello T

Hope you have good progress

We are now waiting for kitchen which will take at least 4 weeks

Are you now shopping for a tiler yet? Have you found a tiler? We have decided to purchase tiles from Fowler's tile supplier. Although these 600x600 rectified polished porcelain tiles are from China, but the tile supplier said they have very good quality and the tiles are still in original package
......However, we need to find out good tiles. If you know and heard any good tiler, please share with me. Thanks.
Okay time for an update!!
So its mid August now when we were gently advised we SHOULD be getting handover but last week we firmly requested a walkthrough with our SS as we'd had enough. We had our walkthrough on Friday and the place was busy
getting downpipes installed and some plumbing in the laundry.
That day alone the bathtub, showers, sinks, toilets, outside downpipes, laundry plumbing and water tank were installed. Amazing how fast things can happen!
Our caeserstone benchtops were installed throughout also but the stone guy cut the hole for the kitchen sink offsite thinking it'd be fine and they wouldn't mess it up, well sure enough the top of our 100mm caeser stone was stuffed and they cut it off by about 30mm, that was replaced today though.

We have been told 2-3 weeks for handover! I am SO excited now everything is coming together finally and I am really eager to just get in and get the tiles layed and start decorating!!
(We haven't yet decided on a tiler but will be getting quotes for the bottom floor tiling this weekend)

Here are some photos to follow:
Kitchen:

Laundry:

En-suite:

Bathroom:

Watertank
Thank you for posting an update. I have been following your thread for a while now as we are building we Fowler too.

How exciting for you! I hope handover happens soon.
Thanks for update T,

Your wet areas have a very strong statement
....100mm stone is gorgeous
I'm very much jealous

Tomorrow, we start lay the tiles and the tiler want us go to the house to see if we are happy with their proposed laying pattern

Wish you will be move in in the next 3 weeks on the schedule
Hi Teanah, have you moved in???
Loved reading this thread, we are first time builders too (though our house is much smaller than yours!) but sorry to hear about your delays

Would also be interested to hear if you have moved in and see the final photos
Hi guys! Sorry Ive been super sick the last 4 days with a bug

Well. The house lol So mostly it is complete.... mostly.
There are paint touchups, agline to be connected, Handrails to install and kitchen sink needs to be replaced as one of the electricians drilled a hole through it.

Im also thinking of asking for the front door to be replaced as the painted originally painted the entire door white, then they realised what they had done and scraped it back and then stained it but it just looks a mess now

We asked our SS when we can install tiles and he said whenever we want, which is kind of annoying as if I had of known I would of organised it a long time ago oh well.

We are now currently getting tiled! yay! The tiler is starting the skreeting on the floor today.
We've organised our final electrical connection (with the metres and all that stuff)

So once tiles are in and these final finishes are done we can move in
Im hoping no more than 2 weeks from now.
Thats great news, bet the next 2 weeks will feel like forever.
Hope you feeling better
So happy to hear you are nearly there T

Yah, front door is a "face" of the house, it should look as good as possible. I think you should make them replace it .

Gook luck T
Thanks Dreaman, feeling much better now. Your getting bricked now? Thats exciting I really hope F are smooth for you and you dont have to many hold ups.

Skreeting was completed on Wednesday, Tilers will be back to lay Monday or Tuesday I believe

Went through a final completion list with SS of all the things that need to be completed, he believes the front door can still be cleaned up so we will see how that comes up.
Getting really excited now, its only really delayed by a week or 2 now as we decided to do the tiles before handover but we can't really move in without tiles anyway so handover is a little pointless

But shouldn't be long now!!! Squeee finally going to be moving out of the parents home! haha

How is your build going kiki?
So started looking into all the connecting of things, and apparently telstra have no more adsl ports left
We are going to wait until we have a phone line connected and try again but at the moment it appears wireless internet will be our only option at least for awhile. So sooo annoyed about this.

Some of the handrails were installed yesterday...

Currently waiting on electrical to be connected and then tiler can finish the main floors.
Squeeeee
I know its not much but I'm so excited the tiles are finally getting laid I had to share!

Your house is looking great T
. Very happy for you

Do you have a handover date?

Are you happy with the tiler? and tile? If so, can you PM me their details. Thanks
The tiles look fantastic. Love the handrails too.
Tiler is coming back today to finish off the job and grout tomorrow I think. Then after that we can get fowler back in to finish everything off and hopefully handover after that!
Update time!
So handover was suppose to be last Friday (5th) but as nothing had been completed from the previous week we have been delayed 1 more week. Handover is suppose to be this coming Friday fingers crossed.
Some things to complete such as a downpipe, window replacement, a glass window panel replacement, agline to be connected and trench needs to be backfilled, lots of touch up painting, kitchen sink still needs to be installed, bath tap, ensuite shower tap, and railings stained.
Wish us luck.
Will have everything crossed for you.

Loretta
Patience of a saint. It does look like it will be worth it though. Lucky you.
Wish you best of luck T
So we were spose to be handover this afternoon, rain rain more rain so some jobs couldnt get completed but mostly handover was delayed because of the following:

Yep apparently if you push on glass it breaks? Wow who knew... So now we are delayed until monday...
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

21/02/2024
BOUNDARY FENCES: Timber Lapped and Capped OR Colorbond?

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all, Our boundary perimeter fences need replacing (3 sides). From everyone's experience, what would you install? Timber lapped and capped OR colorbond? Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum