Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Mumma's House~Doulton Q3~Waiting on the bank *sigh*

Page 9 of 11
Don't be dissapointed in your ensuite!! It honestly looks terrific!! Wait till you see it complete with mirrors, basins, tapware, shower screen and all cleaned up, it will look stunning
brb_654
Don't be dissapointed in your ensuite!! It honestly looks terrific!! Wait till you see it complete with mirrors, basins, tapware, shower screen and all cleaned up, it will look stunning

YES it will!!! It's hard not to compare with everyone else but once its finished and you have all your own things in there it will be fine
I think it looks GREAT already
Hi mm

I totally agree with Pebbles and brb. The finished product will look fabulous!! Once your mirrors, tapware etc go in, it makes all the difference. I saw all mine for the first time on Monday and everything looks so fresh and polished and sparkling - I just love it and you will love yours too!!

I also love your dark tiles and colours!! And a feature wall in that powder room =
- will look very classy!!

I also love how you did your feature tile in the main bathroom (showed Dh last night and he liked it too). I wish I had chosen a simpler feature tile for the main bathroom. Sometimes less is more
^^^^ + me!
Thank you all for your nice comments! I think I have gone a little crazy worrying about everything when in fact it does look really nice and I am just lucky to be building this amazing house. The ensuite is huuuge, I am going to love every minute of every spa bath after a long day either working or putting kids to bed. Ahh, I can just imagine it now. I just need some beautiful smelling candles!!

Thanks for the comments on the main bathroom feature tile. I looove it. I actually loved the whole range of them, there was red, black, green and orange I think. I really wanted the green or red one but I chose the black one so that I can go with any colour combination.

The tilers called this morning to confirm what they aready asked us twice. The builders contract and the tiles instructions were different so they ordered not enough of the darker tile and too much of the white tile. When I saw the ensuite I told them I'd prefer the white tile on the bath hub anyways. SS called again to confirm. Then the tiler called again and wanted me to come by again. I had two screaming children, one with an ear infection and I told him it would be fine I understood what he was telling me and go ahead. He told me he'd leave a door open when he was finished so that I could come by, check it, sign something and lock up. So I turned up around 4pm and it was all locked up. Boo!! There goes my not stopping by the house until Saturday. Our update said painters were onsite but I couldn't see any changes through the windows and all the painting gear was exactly how it looked when I saw it earlier this week.

So the tiler ended up calling dh instead of me and is going to be back to finish up tomorrow and I need to now go there at 8 am to sign the paper...and sneak a peek of finished tiles and stone benchtops!!
I like the feature tile in the bathroom and the wallpaper idea sounds great too
I think once you are in the new house, the features you're not too sure about, will grow on you. I think it looks fabulous
hello - after growing up on the eastern side of aus...I love seeing brown dirt and clay - although after building double brick over in the west, seeing those frames makes a house go up oh so fast
Rowena
I like the feature tile in the bathroom and the wallpaper idea sounds great too
I think once you are in the new house, the features you're not too sure about, will grow on you. I think it looks fabulous

Thanks Rowena!! I agree...I am already over it and have decided instead of second guessing everything to be happy and enjoy. Now to look for that wall paper
Hi Michelle

I have been following your thread as we too are building the Doulton on the northside of Brissie. We are a little behind you as our brick work has only just been completed. Plastering has commenced and it is all getting exciting now. Thinking that we will be locked out soon which on one hand is good news (that it is moving along) but we won't be able to have a quick peek anymore! Your place looks fabulous - I second guess everything too and I have promised myself that I will stop (if I can!)

Thought I should say hi and it has been great to see how well your home is developing.

Rachel (oh BTW, I am a nurse with QLD Health too!)
I think it is all looking great Michelle. Your build seems to have gone really quickly - not too much longer for you now
RachelR
Hi Michelle

I have been following your thread as we too are building the Doulton on the northside of Brissie. We are a little behind you as our brick work has only just been completed. Plastering has commenced and it is all getting exciting now. Thinking that we will be locked out soon which on one hand is good news (that it is moving along) but we won't be able to have a quick peek anymore! Your place looks fabulous - I second guess everything too and I have promised myself that I will stop (if I can!)

Thought I should say hi and it has been great to see how well your home is developing.

Rachel (oh BTW, I am a nurse with QLD Health too!)

Thanks for your comment Rachel! I'd love to hear more about your build if you have a chance. If you'd rather PM me. How has your experience been? Would be very interesting to see the some one elses take on the same house. Did you make any structural changes? Congrats on your progress so far, this whole process has been so exciting and mostly positive for me!! And another coincidence that you work with QH! As long as the pay us correctly so we can carry out these mortgages!!

Northbound
I think it is all looking great Michelle. Your build seems to have gone really quickly - not too much longer for you now

I know NB I can hardly believe that you are having PCI and I can't be too far behind. It's all coming together so nicely and I have stopped doubting and am at full excitement now. Can't wait for my house to be a home!!
The stone benchtops are in and so were the basins

Kitchen
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/aussiemummy_06/IMG_3604.jpg
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/aussiemummy_06/IMG_3605.jpg
Ensuite
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/aussiemummy_06/IMG_3609.jpg
Bathroom
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/aussiemummy_06/IMG_3607.jpg
Laundry with finished tiles
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/aussiemummy_06/IMG_3606.jpg
Speedy Delivery--The right front door, I am so glad, it's so much better than the WRONG one!
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/aussiemummy_06/IMG_3603.jpg
looks good
mm, your stone benchtops =
I love the light stone with the dark cabinets, such a lovely contrast.

Yay, one step closer!!
Front Door! What colour will it be?
n&n02

Yay, one step closer!!

Me too- our ensuite & bathroom will have the same sort of cabinet/benchtop scheme
Rowena
looks good

Thank you!

n&n02

Yay, one step closer!!

Yes, I am happy with the light on dark too. Dh wasn't thrilled about white benchtops, but I won!
Pebbles
:: Front Door! What colour will it be?

The front door will be wood stained! I am excited to see it, going to be so purty. Thinking of ways to incorperate more stained wood as we don't have the wood look garage door or window frames. I am thinking a stainless steel mailbox with the same colour stained posts. Not enough room for decking in the front but going to do decking in the back too.

Deemaree
Me too- our ensuite & bathroom will have the same sort of cabinet/benchtop scheme

Ooo, can't wait to see yours too Dee! I never realized I would have so much fun seeing other people cabinets and benchtops!
mummamichelle
I am thinking a stainless steel mailbox with the same colour stained posts.

Oh yes, I love those style letterboxes!! Quite a few houses near us have them and they are so nice! Otherwise you can just leave your wood stained door as a feature on its own??
ooooooo! Looks great MM!! I have door handle envy
mummamichelle
Pebbles
:: Front Door! What colour will it be?

The front door will be wood stained! I am excited to see it, going to be so purty. Thinking of ways to incorperate more stained wood as we don't have the wood look garage door or window frames. I am thinking a stainless steel mailbox with the same colour stained posts. Not enough room for decking in the front but going to do decking in the back too.

oooooooooooooh very nice ...
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

13/05/2024
Building a boundary house - up against neighbours house

Building A New House

Good on you for having a go I am the opposite of DIY (so will pay a builder) - our vibe is industrial/simple so current thinking is 150mm concrete and then internally is…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum