Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Dechellis in 2010

Page 9 of 32
those cabinets are just beautiful!! WOW!!! Well done =)
Sorrento
Looks fantastic evelyng! I really like the mushroom linea - great choice!!!

Are you going to use your WIP for just food or for other storage? There are so many shelves we will be lucky to fill the first section!! Its a great storage space.

I like that your laundry broom cupboard goes to the ceiling. Apparantly ours doesnt but I am having concerns about how this will look

It must be so exciting to see the cabinetry in. I was excited about our house yesterday but we have a problem with the kitchen an walls will need to be moved.....

Hi Sorrento,

Just read about your hiccup - don't worry you'll be fine. If that's what's in the plan, they'll fix it up quickly I'm sure.

Yes the WIP is going to also be the main storage area in the house - I agree the food will take up one section if we're lucky. We are thinking of getting some translucent perspex sliding doors one day to neaten it up a it.

Our laundry cupboard only goes to 2100 AFL - it looks fine ! The plan was to get overheads "one day", but now that I see the size of the pantry, we probably won't need extra in the laundry

Can't wait to see what they do today !
Wel, yesterday was exciting, but today was something else again !

I HAVE A KITCHEN z:

The Doe Skin rear cabinetry has come up a little darker in the photos than in real life, but it is just perfect. I love love love the island bench

Oh yeah, and my skirtings and cornices were delivered. But did I mention I HAVE A KITCHEN
Wow! Absolutely stunning Evelyng! Well done you!

LOVE the cupboard colour! and those waterfall ends...
stegosaurus
Wow! Absolutely stunning Evelyng! Well done you!

LOVE the cupboard colour! and those waterfall ends...

Thanks Miss Steg !

Now I merely have to decide which Essastone benchtops for the kitchen (and the bathrooms). The choices are:

Crystal Chalk

New Sable Luxe

All feedback welcome !
WOW!!! Gorgeous =)))

I think the sable will match nicely with the cabinets at the back, but might sort of melt away into it a little too much. The crystal chalk will provide a nice contrast. Either would look wonderful!
somewoman
WOW!!! Gorgeous =)))

I think the sable will match nicely with the cabinets at the back, but might sort of melt away into it a little too much. The crystal chalk will provide a nice contrast. Either would look wonderful!

Thanks somewoman, the other half is partial to the chalk in the kitchen too !
Looks lovely
Is those cupboards the same as the display?
Hi Evelyng,

Your kitchen is fabulous. I vote for the chalk because it is a contrast and becomes a beautiful feature in itself.

Now, in case you didn't notice. YOU DO HAVE A KITCHEN!!!

jessie87
Looks lovely
Is those cupboards the same as the display?

Thanks jessie,

No the display has 2 pac, but is a similar colour to the doe skin. Not sure what the display is because 2 pac was never an option for us with 2 little terrors, so we never enquired.

robinred55
Hi Evelyng,

Your kitchen is fabulous. I vote for the chalk because it is a contrast and becomes a beautiful feature in itself.

Now, in case you didn't notice. YOU DO HAVE A KITCHEN!!!

Thanks for the pom poms robinred and the vote. Seems chalk is winning hands down
evelyng
Seems chalk is winning hands down

I think wither would be 100% WIN! It's just a matter of what you are looking for - contrast or matching =) Either way, they're both gorgeous and they would both work beautifully.

Whilst I say here that I'd personally prefer the contrast, one look at my kitchen would tell you that I certainly haven't done that
Your house is looking great. Not much longer and your place will be finished. I am also building with Dechellis and am at a very similar stage to you. I've found the build to be very easy with them.
dummyspit
Your house is looking great. Not much longer and your place will be finished. I am also building with Dechellis and am at a very similar stage to you. I've found the build to be very easy with them.

Thanks ! Its been really smooth sailing so far. And so quick, I'm waiting for everything to come to a grinding halt ? In the next 3 months they have to do second fix carpentry and electrical, tiling, front render, painting and the last bit of plumbing. Not having built before I'm not sure how long all of that should take, but 3 months seems a lot of time. Maybe I shouldn't jinx it

What are you building ? Do you have a thread ?

A quick update for those who have contributed to my recent dilemmas.....flooded gum 189mm won the day; the crystal chalk looks blinding in the kitchen so am now thinking sable luxe unless the colour has changed tone dramatically, and I've started landscaping.....on the puta anyway....whaddyareckon ???

Love Crystal Chalk!

Love the landscaoubg ideas
Hi evelyng

Your kitchen looks fantastic - you must be soooo excited

I love the Sable Lux stone tops. Its a gorgeous colour. Dechellis used that in one of their display homes and it looks really good.

Your landscape design looks great as well. I love the timber decking.

What date have you been given as expected handover?
Sorrento
Hi evelyng

Your kitchen looks fantastic - you must be soooo excited

I love the Sable Lux stone tops. Its a gorgeous colour. Dechellis used that in one of their display homes and it looks really good.

Your landscape design looks great as well. I love the timber decking.

What date have you been given as expected handover?

Thanks Sorrento, I'm loving the kitchen !!!

We have definitely chosen New Sable Luxe for the bathrooms. The kitchen is still undecided but the Crystal Chalk is just way too white against the cupboards. So, now choosing between Sable Luxe and Chinchilla

Thanks for the feedback on the landscaping. I met a landscaper on site today to give us some paving quotes, and he is also going to quote on doing the whole job.

In other news the waterproofing guy was there painting nice blue stuff around the showers today
So tiling must be coming soon

I haven't been advised on any change in handover date, so I think its still the start of August.

And lastly, here is my updated Nearmap collage:

YAY sounds all exciting. Will be great when they start tiling
More excitement today - our doors are on

I love them

But I really love these

So glad we went for these translucent double doors - they look fantastic, the photos don't quite do them justice, the light coming through them makes them glow a gorgeous pearlescent white
Ooooooooooooooh!! Fancy =))) Those wooden/glass doors are amazing!! I'm just so impressed with your build - every step along the way just has me going "ooooooh!!! Yum!!"

Beautiful =)

GAWD I wish we'd built with dechellis - we'd be easily living in our new home by now =\
The double doors look fantastic!

As does the rest of your house though - great job with selections etc
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum