Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Chelsea 33 with M3tr!con - All moved in

Page 9 of 13
Shelz
Hey Penny,

Im soooo sorry to hear of the lack of progress!

Ive had problems reaching anyone at M* this week too

Maybe they were already in holiday mode!

Gee, is it that your SS is slack and not organised or what?
If so, could you complain and ask for another SS?

SS had organised the guy two weeks prior but he called on the Friday and said he was too busy. So SS was mad I am hoping that fixing guy doesn't get the next job with our SS but who knows how it all works.
Our SS is good actually so won't be asking for a new one. Looks like they might be doing what we want with the laundry. So hopefully we get the cabinets moved to the right and close up the gap between the wall and cabinet. This means they only move one tap rather than 2.
tc2000
Oh, this isn't good penny...and it sure puts a damper of things!
There's still half of next week? Hopefully some stuff gets done!

TC hoping we have the fixing done today which means internall doors etc done. But not holding my breath. But also might mean we can't get in anymore
as there was two windows with no glass but I think that is getting fixed this week.
i love christmas and new years, but this year, its just in the way....

anything to report?
Ditto evolvedD,

We end up like children stamping our feet not for lack of pressies but for an entirely different reason....build our houses pleeease!
Hey Guys sorry pics at home but really not much to take pics of. We have our doors on except the front door so they all look the same
. But we also have skirting boards too so took pics of those too. When I get home I will post them, not that they look that good not painted yet

But when we got there I made BF climb thru the window that has no glass in it to open the front door, but we could have walked around the back where our doors were wide open.
I have told them about a hundred times to close and lock them as we have had the air con go missing and all the cooper one of the tradies told us. Just asking for trouble leaving the doors wide open.

Hoping the fixing is completed today but they still haven't started the fixing outside though.
Hi Penny - it's been ages since I've caught up on your progress, and your house is looking fantastic!!!
I love the cabinetry colours and I love the the kitchen bulkhead ceiling. (Had a giggle about the footprints across the vertical panel of one of the bathroom vanities!
) We haven't got many decent photos of the cabinetry because everything has been draped in drop-sheets or covered in dust. But all your cupboards look so neat!

Sorry to hear things have been dragging along slowly of late. I hope they've got some speedy progress on order for you in the new year!

Do you know what has happened to the cat who adopted your house? Such a lovely kitty - I hope it found it's owners, or else a new family.
Hey Charlie happy new year!!

I think the cat might have been adopted out as it was gone from the website only after a week so that is what I am hoping anyway.

We had a few things done up to Xmas so hoping painting starts next week. They have put writing on the walls for things to be fixed ready for painting. So fingers crossed.

But at least I am away for work this week so I am not going to look at a house that has had nothing done to it!! That reminds me I might call the neighbour and see if she can close the window as the tradies left it open last week.
We have had a bit of work done in the last few days. The plumbing for the down pipes done on Monday, no down pipes though. Things been dropped off for the infills to be done, still waiting on the brick infills at the front to be done too.

We got there tonight and we had our stone top benches, we were so excited.

So here are some pics of it.

Our bathroom

Kitchen

Some water damage we have to ask about
HOORAY! Sounds like your house had a short vacation if work started last week for you already!
Isn't it so nice to see the benchtops to your units?!
I hope painting starts for you soon! That would be icing on the cake cos' then it must only be a matter of some weeks before you get to the end!!!!
hey penny,

so good to see the kitchen and bathroom benches in, will look good with the basins and faucets, have you gone square? recessed?

whats the go with the water marks?
tc2000
HOORAY! Sounds like your house had a short vacation if work started last week for you already!
Isn't it so nice to see the benchtops to your units?!
I hope painting starts for you soon! That would be icing on the cake cos' then it must only be a matter of some weeks before you get to the end!!!!

Thanks TC it was great to see the benchtops and guess what we have painting started!!!
evolvedmonkey
hey penny,

so good to see the kitchen and bathroom benches in, will look good with the basins and faucets, have you gone square? recessed?

whats the go with the water marks?

Hey Monkey yes we have gone square and recessed in our bathroom but normal square in the main bathroom not sure if that was a mistake oh well we will see.

Water marks not sure as SS went there Friday and I missed the call and they didn't try to call back but they have painted over it so not happy, but happy if you know what I mean as that means painting has started!!
OK as I said the painting has started, I think on Thursday so on Friday night we only have undercoat and white paint on the ceiling. So I will attach the pics. But the exicting part is we have a estimated hand over date not getting too exicted yet as it could all turn to crap but we might be in there by end of Feb so yay

Lots has been booked in fact everything has been booked, painting to finish Monday, tiles to finish next Friday, fixing starts 29th Jan. Our CSC said everything is booked including the site clean for the middle of Feb. So fingers crossed it happens that way, but knowing our luck it won't.

The stone has been replaced in our bathroom as I thought it looked a bit funny there was a gap but not any more. Couldn't take a pic of it as it was covered for painting, but got one of the old one in the back yard.

Family room

Some doors with under coat

Kitchen

Water damage just painted over

Spare bench top
Hi penny,

I was looking at your recent pics again and I noticed that you have a bulkhead (may be the wrong word) over your kitchen area. I like it cos' it adds another dimension to the room to really distinguish one zone from another! How lovely! How's the painting coming along?
tc2000
Hi penny,

I was looking at your recent pics again and I noticed that you have a bulkhead (may be the wrong word) over your kitchen area. I like it cos' it adds another dimension to the room to really distinguish one zone from another! How lovely! How's the painting coming along?

Hi TC

M call it a drop ceiling. Yeah I liked it in the display house and the 33 didn't have it, so I asked if we could still have it included so it cost us extra but only about $750. I am hoping the down lights when we get them done after hand over make it look even better.

Not sure on the painting as we haven't been out there since Wednesday, but I am hoping it is finished. According to the web site it was finished Wednesday which isn't true. Man wish they wouldn't put dates up that aren't meet. The tiles are meant to be finished today but they haven't even started. We still haven't heard from the SS so I don't know what is going on. A bit over it all really. Just want it to hurry up. The more we look at it the more things I am finding that need to be fixed.

But nothing compared to forgeting the insulation. I can't believe your SS saying no more favours
if it is the contract it isn't a favour is it??
hi penny
just found your building thread.
looks good.
you seemto have a lot of photos, how have you been gaining access to your home,
im building the milano 30 with m
final walkthrough is monday.
good luck with everything..
They have left a door or window open every single time and I have called them about 10 times to let them know. I think there has only been 1 time we couldn't get in. But after the tiles go in I think we won't be able to get in anymore as they will be better at closing the house up I hope

Good luck
with your walk thru I am hanging for that to happen but we a weeks away I think.
Hey Penny,

I just caught up on your thread and everything's looking fantastic

Wow! End of February handover! If they work at it daily then I don't see why you wouldn't have handover by the end of Feb.
The work they do doesn't really take all that long. Its the damn waiting while there is no work being done that drags it out.

Have your tiles started yet? Ours have just been completed so we'r pretty much at the same stage.

Fingers crossed for a February handover for both of us
penny77
tc2000
Hi penny,

Hi TC

M call it a drop ceiling. Yeah I liked it in the display house and the 33 didn't have it, so I asked if we could still have it included so it cost us extra but only about $750. I am hoping the down lights when we get them done after hand over make it look even better.

Not sure on the painting as we haven't been out there since Wednesday, but I am hoping it is finished. According to the web site it was finished Wednesday which isn't true. Man wish they wouldn't put dates up that aren't meet. The tiles are meant to be finished today but they haven't even started. We still haven't heard from the SS so I don't know what is going on. A bit over it all really. Just want it to hurry up. The more we look at it the more things I am finding that need to be fixed.

But nothing compared to forgeting the insulation. I can't believe your SS saying no more favours
if it is the contract it isn't a favour is it??

Hi Penny,

Hmmm...I don't know which is worst...not knowing what's happening or knowing what's meant to be happening and nothing happens. I sometimes wished that DFH could have the same sort of online progress ticker like M and PD but I think this would drive me insane too cos' if deadlines/targets weren't met, I'd be hopping around like a bean on a hot stove!

I'm sure everything will get done over the next couple of weeks so that your PCI can be scheduled and handover end of Feb or slightly earlier maybe.

Thank goodness the insulation is now sorted out! I've been able to enjoy my weekend finally! At least our SS had the decency to apologise to my hubby last Friday. Yup, pretty childish of the SS in the way he behaved.
Just got a call from the SS and we will have carpet on Friday can't wait. So hoping that they actually turn up on the day as I don't think any tradies have been in on the day they have been booked in.

Tiling should finish tomorrow, painting next week, electricals done in a day last Friday. Heating and cooling has been done, garage door is meant to go in tomorrow. So hoping by Sat when we go out there all this has been done. I have told BF no more going out during the week as I only get disapointed when nothing has been done. As we went out there Monday and nothing had been done. And Biggest loser is back on and I love that show so I can't miss it

So hoping for more pics to show our carpet and tiles off.
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

17/06/2023
How to remove ceiling air con vent?

General Discussion

How do you remove one of these ceiling air con vents? And is it possible to disconnect the duct joined to the vent from inside the house, without going into the roof cavity?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum