Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 795 of 828
First time poster here, just saying hi. I am in the market looking to build a house in Sydney south west. Visited Eden Brae and then wisdom homes. i got an intial quote from Wisdom homes today for Ambassador 33 for $428000, still waiting on Eden Brae. The quote does not mention Aircon, not sure if this is a standard practice, i will check with the sales consultant tomorrow but was it the same in your case ? Thanks
Hi there, I think the price they've quoted is lower than in my case ($470). However, we signed the contract when they have the 25 years anniversary offer and we have included a few things.

Let me give you a piece of advice, no matter what price they've quote initially, once you include things (driveway, crossover, water retaining system, etc) is when the real price comes to be known. In order to compare it with other places you have to have a comparison list.

I've made an excel spreadsheet where I've included Better Build (very good company) Wisdom and Metricon all were contenders in our list of options, I've added all prices and inclusions they had. That was the only way to compare them. Air conditioner was included in all of them, but is worth checking it out.
Welcome to the forum! You will need to pay Wisdom Homes $2,000 to receive their actual price in a tender. Anything before this is only just a rough indication, to be treated with caution. I suggest also asking them for copy of their contract template now. Some items in the contract could end up costing you many $1,000's in unplanned expenses, or having to accept compromises.
I will also caution against the contract cost after paying the $2000, it may still not show all the cost. Hydraulic OSD (on site detention system) did cost around $30k+ and the contract was shown as $10k. Furthermore, due to this variation driveway went up to $45k making an extra (unexpected) of $75k, this was not shown on the contract, of course this depend on the site, but goes to show the contract will not show some expenses.
I will also add to this, that council fee cost was never discussed (not to blame the company) but it was $9k+ (some "may be" refunded afterwards) I don't believe anybody walks around with $10k at disposal.

In other words, the cost you will get in the contract will be really know once you have your CDC approval by then you would have paid 10% of the total cost, this will be way up of $50k.

Of course we have not mentioned other "variable costs" such as, landscaping, driveway, demolition ($28k), fencing, excavation, etc. I really think it will be beneficial for all future customers to have a tool (spreadsheet), where you can add all these "variable costs" analyse the final cost (Approximated of course) in a more realistic way.
Glenn G
First time poster here, just saying hi. I am in the market looking to build a house in Sydney south west. Visited Eden Brae and then wisdom homes. i got an intial quote from Wisdom homes today for Ambassador 33 for $428000, still waiting on Eden Brae. The quote does not mention Aircon, not sure if this is a standard practice, i will check with the sales consultant tomorrow but was it the same in your case ? Thanks

I think their standard price doesnt include aircon. They always have these promotional offers what include the aircon:

this is the current one
https://home-away.wisdomhomes.com.au

you might want to factor this package in which includes aircon and a bunch of other things like 20k cashback etc. I'm about surprised you were not made aware of this by the wisdom sales team.

Like what malypetu suggested. you just need to work out all the totals so you can compare whats right for you.
PeterJess mate, how is your build going?
One
Manhattan52
I have been through this. The ducting on the Qasair is quite specific and Wisdom won’t do this. Has to be done after handover by a Qasair installer

Manhattan52, are you still going through with Qasair? Will Wisdom do any provision to enable the Qasair installer to install after handover, like make extra bulkhead to lead to outside wall?

We are now going with an undermount Falmec Siena 90 but is pretty much the same install scenario as the Qasair. Wisdom won’t do any provisions except for the electrical.[/quote]

Have a look at the Falmec ones. Has a similar look to some of the Qasair and used standard ducting. I am having a WOLF gas cooktop which is fairly decent and the Falmec works well with it unlike the majority of other Rangehoods that have limited function and don’t work at all. Winnings have them
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/d71382_b ... 0ae392.pdf[/quote]

Will do, thanks Manhattan52![/quote]

Hi One/Manhattan52,

How do you like your Falmec? We are tossing between Falmec and Qasair, I am hesitate about using Qasair because the installation sounds troublesome for a project home builder. Are you happy with your Falmec?
In terms of weather related delays what is everyone'e experience. Got this response back from Wisdom even though we did not encounter more then 2 rainy days

Weather days are calculated from the beginning of Construction through to the end. There have been 20 days of adverse weather within this time that prevented works from being carried out on site.

The calculation is taken directly from the Bureau of Meteorology.
Huggies the Falmec is pretty good. I am installing another Falmec in my next build also
cs199 in Wisdom Homes HIA contract they are legally obliged to notify you in writing of any delays due to weather just after it happens. Data from the BOM months later is not acceptable, and cannot be used to extend the building time. Wisdom's statement is misleading and deceptive, even before they claim the 20 days which without appropriate timely notification are irrelevant. Such behaviour by Wisdom Homes is deceptive, aimed at securing financial advantage, and those doing and supporting this should be reported to the appropriate regulatory authorities.
CS199
In terms of weather related delays what is everyone'e experience. Got this response back from Wisdom even though we did not encounter more then 2 rainy days

Weather days are calculated from the beginning of Construction through to the end. There have been 20 days of adverse weather within this time that prevented works from being carried out on site.

How is the "beginning of Construction" date is obtained?
malypetu
CS199

How is the "beginning of Construction" date is obtained?

Site scrape is start of construction with Wisdom
Wow, so we've started then. They've installed the fence and levelled our place last week. Thanks for the info I'll put a big mark on the calendar.
Manhattan52
@Huggies the Falmec is pretty good. I am installing another Falmec in my next build also

Next build already? 😅
Just wondering how often did everyone speak to the CSR during Pre-Construction?
malypetu Ask Wisdom Homes to confirm the start date in writing for your records. Unless you feel avatar manhattan52 's comment here is appropriate official confirmation!
Manhattan52
@Huggies the Falmec is pretty good. I am installing another Falmec in my next build also

Thanks Manhattan52,

I am also leaning towards Falmec. Ducting and installation seem standard - I think Qasair will make the builder's head explode. It seems installation for Qasair is also quite expensive.
Norfolk
@malypetu Ask Wisdom Homes to confirm the start date in writing for your records. Unless you feel avatar manhattan52 's comment here is appropriate official confirmation!

malypetu
Wow, so we've started then. They've installed the fence and levelled our place last week. Thanks for the info I'll put a big mark on the calendar.

Yes, mine was also from site scrape.

If possible, try to keep a track of when tradies are working on your site because Wisdom will claim any day where there was more than 2mm of rain.
Does anybody know how to get a document from the Bureau of Meteorology, stating rainfall by date and postcode or area. This will help in any dispute as to how many days of rainfall occur in a specific area and exactly which days. The closest I can find is this page http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/observations/sydney.shtml
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum