Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

{Dawn} SE Melb Build - Done and dusted!

Page 80 of 147
Hey Dawn,

3 yrs... definitely a maddening experience... but hang in there! It will all be worth it... you will get there. It is really not your fault at all. I've seen in my work and experience that... s**t happens often to the strongest of people because they are the ones who can get through it. And you will!
Vent away you have every right. We bought our land three years this October so I have a feeling what you are going through. You are a strong independent women, who you should be so proud of. You are doing this on your own and for that I give you so much credit. We get to go to our hubby's and vent or get them to be the bad guy or the intimidating one but you have done this on your own, this is making you to be a force to be reckoned with. Send them a nice email and cut and paste what you just said on this forum. Make them sit up and realise while they are holidaying and living there lives your are on hold. Would they put there loved ones through this experience. Your time and your life is so valuable and for them to be playing you and with holding your freedom is the worst kind of turmoil. I am thinking of you and sending love and strength.

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 31 weeks and WE ARE IN
Thanks, I love you guys
DD

I went to see the new Spidey movie, and feeling much better after doing something fun.

I'll go down and see the house tomorrow, and see where its at. I'm hoping to be surprised, and maybe more has been done then I expect.. but I won't hold my breath.

Photos tomorrow
Spidey movie looks interesting... though I totally don't get why its a 'homecoming'!

Glad you got to do something enjoyable and taking you away from the mess!
Haha.. its just set around the his highschool homecoming XD Thats why its called that, but doesn't play a big part... so yeah, not sure why they called it that either.

It was nice to get out and do something, I was in a dark place this morning, but feel better now. I have a very cuddly sleepy kitten XD
Wow I just had a quick through both of your threads and what a crazy stressful time this has been for you! By the time you get those keys you will want to never build again!

At least you will be able to rest and known that the Saga is now over and you can sit back and enjoy a bit of RnR in the new home!
Photos from today's trip.

Air con is in.

So is heating

Backyard is still a catastrophe, and back fence is not up yet.

Flyscreens are in
but door fittings and wardrobes still undone

They've cleared this side for the rest of the concrete to be laid, so hopefully done next week??

GAS METER IS IN!!!! OMG!! THANK YOU UNIVERSE.

Render to front pillars is done. Front bedroom wall not yet completed (was surprised they did the side wall too, but should be okay).

Front fence is completed and rendered...mail box is kinda ugly!! But must find cute numbers..

Back of my house, still no one building on those two lots...
So, still have not heard from my builder, but trekked down to the house anyway. Took everything with me to do my own PCI if I could get in one of the doors... but there was actually people on site. Two guys were laying the draining for the front fence, so I just had a quick peak from the outside... also why there is no shot of the fence, cause they were standing there ;-;

Things that I could see have been done since last visit (about 3 weeks ago):
- Air con is in the dining room (but outside part is not done)
- Heating vents and thermo stat are in
- Flyscreens are in
- Gas meter is in (cannot tell you how relieved I am about that)
- Side has been cleared to lay rest of the concrete
- Pillars and front fence have been rendered, first coat on bedroom

I was told the rendering was going to be finished on Monday, and clearly hasn't been. The front wall will be the same render colour as the front fence. Didn't think hat the render colour on the pillars would match the drainpipe so well XD. Still no carpets ;-;

Given that the gas meter is finally done, I'm expecting to see the COO and final invoice pretty soon, as long as they pass the surveyors inspection.. we could have done PCI today I think, so really annoyed I haven't been able to..

I feel like if they got into it they could handover in 2 weeks, but I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

Left to do list
Internal
- Carpet
- HWS
- Appliances
- Paint wardrobe doors
- Door handles/toilet roll holders/etc
- Split system (outside bit only)
- Alarm system (waiting on variation)

External
- Render of house
- Missing concrete
- Levelling/site clean

Defects - holes in wall, light switches, painting, cabinetry, etc.
One step closer Dawn! Yay for gas meter!!

Building our forever home!
Thanks

I was chatting to the drainage guy, and he said his partner was around the corner doing something on the other house. My builder is building another house in the same street/stage as me. I shouldn't complain, because they are even further behind then me!! They aren't even technically locked up yet, no garage door, and you can walk right into their house from the street.
OMG YAY for the gas meter!!!

Hopefully this means very soon you will have keys!!!
I hope so!!
Could be anywhere from 2-8 weeks from today I'd guess...given the left to do list. I'll feel more confident once I have the COO and final invoice.

Making a cake
DD
Ya your getting there. At least the gas is done. Maybe you be in for Spring.
Random Friday cuteness.

Some shotsof the new creek walk. Two doors down from me
Looking good!
I think they could be done in a week if they really tried. They sound like our previous SS, didn't organise the next thing until the last job was done. New SS is the opposite. I told him I was glad he'd pushed plaster back so everything could be fixed first, but nothing bloody got fixed

Thanks. Really wishing I'd got a shot of the whole front...tempted to go back tomorrow :p

They are so slow...but we are creeping closer. Just want the external work done before the rain sets in for winter.

Now my fence is finished.. been thinking about house numbers
D

Seen a few ideas...

I like these

Or something more classic

Oooh... I like these too

Etsy has heaps !!! I'll never make up my mind. I can't decide if I'm just going to do the mailbox, or also put one on the front of the house... I hate when I can't see someone's house number. The estate stenciled all the gutters, but they've since been washed away.

Also like the idea of the LED numbers..
Really wishing I'd specified the type of mailbox I wanted now. I thought it would be chrome... and I'm now wishing it had a newspaper spot..need to fit a 'no junk mail' and 'no soliciting' sign on it too... Plus thought it would be flush..

Do you think they might still put a chrome cover over the top of it? Or is it going to stay black?? Black looks really.. random.

Hmm I think chrome would be better. It doesn't quite looked finished to me.
I also have no idea what mailbox I'm getting. Literally no idea
Mines not a rendered one like yours so if I hate it I'll just get a new one. I feel stupid for never asking but it didn't cross my mind!

Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum