Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 776 of 828
BigD
G'day

Anyone want to share how long it took from your Canvas Quarter visit until there was action on your land?

I've got my CQ appointment next week, it's a greenfields build so no delays due to knockdown.

Hi big D,

We started canvas quarter in early August 2019 and just finished a week ago but still waitng on actual final paperwork to go to construction. All variations (which there was 26) were signed and returned within in 10 mins. The biggest hold up was deciding on a sky light when starting cq and then wanting to relocate the tank, this took 2 months which was estimating teams hold up not our CQ lady or our admin. Kitchen variations take forever to get back too as timpelle is slow...

Ours was also a new registered block so no knock down.

We hope to have slab mid next month.

So 7 months..... 😅 but we had a 3 week xmas break to contend with 🤷‍♀️

Good luck!
Alex Phan
Hi guys, i try to contact Wisdom at many time but still don't get back their reply. I just wondering how can I know their base price of house to start with. I'm quite confusing . Pls help me.
Thank you

Go to the display homes and sit down with them, i was at marsden our sales lady sarah was lovely and prompt.
BigD
G'day

Anyone want to share how long it took from your Canvas Quarter visit until there was action on your land?

I've got my CQ appointment next week, it's a greenfields build so no delays due to knockdown.

Hi
It took 9 months for any work to start after our first CQ appointment.

After all your selections are finalized there is still final plans, DA council approvals etc. they were always very vague on the processes. Also very slow in admin.

We were in admin 18 months in total from when we sat down with the sales representative.

Good luck
Hi BigD it was 5 months between CQ appointment to site including xmas break and abt 3 weeks for our indecisiveness.
BigD
G'day

There are a few milestones that work in parallel rather than consecutively. If you can lock down your external colours (bricks, roof, etc) and landscape, WH can start putting your file together for DA submission. I had not "digested" this statement when the CQ lady told us until a month later. Not sure how that works for CDC though.

Signing off on the other CQ items like kitchen, flooring, bathroom, colours etc depends how much time you need to decide or ask for further quotes. Remember, time is money.

CQ Appointment in Dec2018 (last working week) --> WH Onsite - Sep2019
Mind you, there's probably 2-3 months of delays in that period. Could it have been avoided?...
M4bath
BigD
G'day

There are a few milestones that work in parallel rather than consecutively. If you can lock down your external colours (bricks, roof, etc) and landscape, WH can start putting your file together for DA submission. I had not "digested" this statement when the CQ lady told us until a month later. Not sure how that works for CDC though.

Signing off on the other CQ items like kitchen, flooring, bathroom, colours etc depends how much time you need to decide or ask for further quotes. Remember, time is money.

Mind you, there's probably 2-3 months of delays in that period. Could it have been avoided?...

Hi M4bath,
What stage you are at now? how fast or slow is your build going?
Ambassador36
BigD
G'day

Hi big D,

We started canvas quarter in early August 2019 and just finished a week ago but still waitng on actual final paperwork to go to construction. All variations (which there was 26) were signed and returned within in 10 mins. The biggest hold up was deciding on a sky light when starting cq and then wanting to relocate the tank, this took 2 months which was estimating teams hold up not our CQ lady or our admin. Kitchen variations take forever to get back too as timpelle is slow...

Good luck!

Hi BigD
Do you mind sharing the approx cost of the skylight? A ballpark figure is fine.

Cheer
malypetu
Ambassador36
BigD
G'day

Hi big D,

Good luck!

Hi BigD

Cheer

$2500
sv_reddy
M4bath
BigD
G'day

Hi M4bath,
What stage you are at now? how fast or slow is your build going?

Just finished the roof today.

I wouldn’t say the build is fast knowing there were delays with the tradies “availability”.

What about you? What stage are you at?
M4bath

I wouldn’t say the build is fast knowing there were delays with the tradies “availability”.

Our admin is going on forever. Hoping it would finish in a week or two.
sv_reddy
M4bath

Admin being the construction certificate? Not long to go! Hang in there.

When the on-site, the activity starts and it’s exciting since you get to see each stage being built before your eyes. However many people do say once the internal start, it feels slower.
M4bath

When the on-site, the activity starts and it’s exciting since you get to see each stage being built before your eyes. However many people do say once the internal start, it feels slower.

and it feels even slower when you are close to completion
M4bath
sv_reddy
M4bath

DA Approved in Dec'19. Still waiting on final plans etc. Really hoping it starts soon.
Too embarrassing to say construction hasn't started yet, when family and friends are asking about it every week. Specially when one of those friends was against wisdom.
Have you signed the final CCV? I think it’s that plus the construction plan and then you should see activities very soon.
sv_reddy
DA Approved in Dec'19. Still waiting on final plans etc. Really hoping it starts soon.
Too embarrassing to say construction hasn't started yet, when family and friends are asking about it every week. Specially when one of those friends was against wisdom.

Wisdom admin process is slow it's kind of known and with Xmas shutdown it's even slower.

If any consolation most big name builders all are similar, admin process slow nd takes a while between admin to site and completion stages feels even slower.
I have a neighbour who had approval in Nov 18 but construction started in April 19 (not wisdom but a big name builder starting with M). I can quote couple more of my neighbours all big name big volume builders.
For me DA approval to site was 3 months and no xmas shutdown.
Similar.

In your design if you get one try and insist on making sure the gyprock structure opens up to get more light. We that in our consultation. Was reflected on plans. But I can see the it was not implemented. We spoke to our SS about it. They said that it was because of a frame there supporting the roof.

Hi big D,

Good luck![/quote]
Hi BigD

Cheer[/quote]

$2500[/quote]
In addition, we think we should have got 2 more. 3 looks better.

It honestly does look pretty good. I was on the edge for a while. But we are really happy we got it as it looks very modern and brightens up the area. But in hind sight probably should have got 2 more and you can get an effect like the display homes. Without it we would have had to leave the lights on as our ceilings are pretty tall. The effect is pretty cool as it feels like your ceilings are really high and airy.

---

Similar.

In your design if you get one try and insist on making sure the gyprock structure opens up to get more light. We that in our consultation. Was reflected on plans. But I can see the it was not implemented. We spoke to our SS about it. They said that it was because of a frame there supporting the roof.

Hi big D,

Good luck![/quote]
Hi BigD

Cheer[/quote]

$2500[/quote][/quote]
Solar panels went up today

PeterJess

Hot day to be on a roof!
Manhattan52
@PeterJess

Hot day to be on a roof!

Our SS took the photo.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum