Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 772 of 828
Tis the season to be jolly. Merry Christmas to everyone!
M4bath
Tis the season to be jolly. Merry Christmas to everyone!

And to you!
Hi everyone,

I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas break and a even better new year ahead.

We have finally come through the tunnel of selections and are now almost at construction.. YAY!

Just wanting to share our build milestones journey so far with you all and give you a big thank you for everyone that has assisted us over the last few months.

Land purchase: May 2019
Tender: June 2019
Canvas Q: September 2019
Council Approval: November 2019
Final loan approval: December 2019
Ambassador36 :)

Yara
Really beautiful pictures!
Congratulations! You had time for the decorations too! Good taste!

quote="Manhattan52"]Here are some photos after our handover. All furniture is just put there and without any styling pieces at all. Upstairs sheer curtains won’t be here till late Jan as well as outdoor kitchens and a few other pieces. Everyone knows how awful I am at photos but here’s some from inside

[/quote]

Very nice!

How did you manage to get your long AC grills?
We ordered them but were told that there was condensation issues and had to split ours up! (over the kitchen)

We moved in 90 days ago.
GLO
Yara

quote="Manhattan52"]Here are some photos after our handover. All furniture is just put there and without any styling pieces at all. Upstairs sheer curtains won’t be here till late Jan as well as outdoor kitchens and a few other pieces. Everyone knows how awful I am at photos but here’s some from inside

We ordered them but were told that there was condensation issues and had to split ours up! (over the kitchen)

We moved in 90 days ago.[/quote]

I'd be annoyed about the white one on your timber bulkhead, was that a mistake?
MR2
GLO
Yara

We moved in 90 days ago.

I'd be annoyed about the white one on your timber bulkhead, was that a mistake?[/quote]

GLO maybe because I did my selections long before you it wasn’t an issue. All mine are the same size

MR2 they come standard white. Has already been popped out and painted silver.
Ambassador36
Hi everyone,

I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas break and a even better new year ahead.

We have finally come through the tunnel of selections and are now almost at construction.. YAY!

Just wanting to share our build milestones journey so far with you all and give you a big thank you for everyone that has assisted us over the last few months.

Wow you are fast!! Is this new land or KDRB?

I think we have the same tile, window frames and possibly kitchen cabinets colour. What colour is the kitchen cabinets?
Manhattan52
Some more

Seriously 😯 😮 🤩 what a beautiful home! Love your personal touch. How has celebrating Christmas in the new home with the family been ? Must be extra exciting.
M4bath
Ambassador36
Hi everyone,

I think we have the same tile, window frames and possibly kitchen cabinets colour. What colour is the kitchen cabinets?

New land, but 7 months still felt very drawn out! We bought the land that fit the house, so most of the decisions had been made before May, we already had a prelim quote. If you take that into consideration it was more like 10 months.

Our kitchen cabinets are polytec empire oak wood matt
M4bath
Manhattan52
Some more

Seriously 😯 😮 🤩 what a beautiful home! Love your personal touch. How has celebrating Christmas in the new home with the family been ? Must be extra exciting.

You would think so but this is my 7 yo sons 10th house. He has already asked which house is next!
GLO

Sorry I can’t reply on your comment. Yes they are outdoor rugs. Aurugs have a pretty good range of sizes and are very reasonably priced
Manhattan52
MR2

We moved in 90 days ago.

GLO maybe because I did my selections long before you it wasn’t an issue. All mine are the same size

MR2 they come standard white. Has already been popped out and painted silver.[/quote]

GLO and Manhattan52 what length are your grilles? I think ours are 1200mm.
becks81 2400 in length for mine
becks81
Manhattan52
MR2

We moved in 90 days ago.

MR2 they come standard white. Has already been popped out and painted silver.

GLO and Manhattan52 what length are your grilles? I think ours are 1200mm.[/quote]

I believe mine were downgraded to 1.5 and 1m
[quote=“Manhattan52”]@GLO maybe because I did my selections long before you it wasn’t an issue. All mine are the same size
[/quote]

My selections were completed in November 2018.

2400mm were requested and approved on the plans but Wisdom changed this during the build.

When was your admin finished? Wouldn’t have been much earlier.
My selections were done December 2017
GLO
Hi everyone,

For those that have moved in, how are you finding the Ilve Dishwasher?

Ours are always wet and we have to leave it open to dry. I cant find the drying function in the unit which my old Fisher and Paykel DishDrawer did a great job.

Please let me know as im no better off than hand washing at the moment for a family of 6.

I thought I was the only one!! We have to leave our door open after the wash otherwise the dishes dont dry. Even when we do this we find the cutlery holder is constantly wet.
We havent been able to work out the manual so all we have been using is the 90min program
Ninsta
GLO
Hi everyone,

For those that have moved in, how are you finding the Ilve Dishwasher?

Ours are always wet and we have to leave it open to dry. I cant find the drying function in the unit which my old Fisher and Paykel DishDrawer did a great job.

Please let me know as im no better off than hand washing at the moment for a family of 6.

I thought I was the only one!! We have to leave our door open after the wash otherwise the dishes dont dry. Even when we do this we find the cutlery holder is constantly wet.
We havent been able to work out the manual so all we have been using is the 90min program

My one has a button called “Extra”, that’s the drying button

Hi! I am at the start of the building journey, have spent hours reading the thread.. some great advice here

Does anybody have a photo of the bathroom vanities that are including with the signature package? Trying to decide if I need to upgrade or not.
Ambassador36
M4bath
Ambassador36
Hi everyone,

New land, but 7 months still felt very drawn out! We bought the land that fit the house, so most of the decisions had been made before May, we already had a prelim quote. If you take that into consideration it was more like 10 months.

Our kitchen cabinets are polytec empire oak wood matt

Oh, I saw the dark colour panel in the bottom of the pile and thought that was dark brown for your kitchen cabinets. My bad, not the same colour. Either way, great selection! Bet you can't wait to see what the real thing looks like. What is always interesting to see is when it's built on a large scale and how much the lighting can change the perspective of the colours. We are still holding our breath to see what the final results of our bricks once it's washed.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum