Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Froggies build - I'm kinda back, some pics pg 78

Page 78 of 78
Dexterredcat
Can you complain (AGAIN) about the problems with your house???????

You can always take it to the BUILDING COMMISION if they are not playing ball
Welcome back Frogger!

I hope your dad is doing okay!! My thought are will your family...

Did you get insurance with your phone? Or can you claim through your home and contents?? If not put your phone in a bowl of rice and leave it in a dry spot somewhere, might work.... possibly... otherwise you could see if someone could be able to fix water damage handsets.

Also with your broadband have you called up your provider and complained that you get no service where you are? I can check for you what your reception is like if you PM me your address. If it turns out that you are suppose to have good reception, but don't you can call the ombudsman to get out of your contract. Just let me know if you need help!!!
WElcome back to H1!

I'd make a list of the defects and then post & email them to your builder-give them 7 days to respond and then contact the Building Commision-state that in your letter.....
Good to see ur back Froggie
but sad to hear ur still having trouble with your house and also your dad being sick etc
Praying he gets good results.
TheAlbany
Hey Frogger,

Sorry to hear about your Dad, hopefully everything will come back with good results.

Not good hearing about your troubles your still having ... It is suppose to be happy times when you move into a new house, not unhappy about ******* workmanship from tradies.

I did get your SMS a week or two ago too. I orgot to message you back. When you get yourself sorted, im still happy to give you a hand with a few things at your place if needed still...
Sorry about my timely reply, been flat out with our new little boy blake, he is 5 weeks old now (a few pics in my build thread).

Hope to hear from you soon ... Scott

Ps ... Chin up, everything always works out, sometime it just takes time.

Hey Scott
Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby boy!! That must be keeping you very busy and occupied

Sorry I haven't replied to your msg, new ph carked it so its been in the shop. Hope to pick it up on Monday
Would still love a hand if poss. My dad is determined to put this damn pergola up...but would appreciate a helping hand from someone that doesn't like to 'cut corners' lol
He's got Saturday Oct. 24th in mind. I'll be in touch as soon as I can get your message

Thanks

tinkster
Ahhh frogger, so glad to see you back!

Sorry you've had a hard time, hope it all improves soon.

Thanks a lot tinkster. I'm hoping it improves soon too.

Dexterredcat
Frogger we could never forget you

Sorry to hear about your Dad hope all goes well with him.

Glad you back and hope you get your internet AND house sorted out soon

Cheers Janet

Phew I was worried about being forgotten lol

I have complained about bricks and the mortar again. I was going to wait until the 3 month maintance thing, but I've just discovered another prob (which I will explain later) so I'm thinking on Monday I will ring them.

TheAlbany
Dexterredcat

You can always take it to the BUILDING COMMISION if they are not playing ball

Yup and I have a gut feeling I'm going to end up there

flagstaffIV
Welcome back Frogger!

I hope your dad is doing okay!! My thought are will your family...

Did you get insurance with your phone? Or can you claim through your home and contents?? If not put your phone in a bowl of rice and leave it in a dry spot somewhere, might work.... possibly... otherwise you could see if someone could be able to fix water damage handsets.

Also with your broadband have you called up your provider and complained that you get no service where you are? I can check for you what your reception is like if you PM me your address. If it turns out that you are suppose to have good reception, but don't you can call the ombudsman to get out of your contract. Just let me know if you need help!!!

No I didn't get insurance
I almost did but thought I hadn't ruined a phone in the last 10 years I won't need it. hahaha And the phone company said the insurance didn't cover water anyway.
Not worth claiming through my home insurance, the excess is more than what the phone cost lol I just got an el cheapo...that will keep me going until my contract is up in a year.
I've talked to vodafone about my usb modem and they say I need to get an extension and stick it out the damn window!!! According to their coverage map I'm well and truely within that. Its just rediculous, I'm paying $49 p/m and most nights/days its so slow I can sit here for 20 minutes while a page loads
AArggghhhhhhhh

Deemaree
WElcome back to H1!

I'd make a list of the defects and then post & email them to your builder-give them 7 days to respond and then contact the Building Commision-state that in your letter.....

Hey gorgeous

Yep Im making a list, its getting quite long. They did say at my final inspection that paint wasn't covered in the 3 mth check. That really p*ssed me off!

2pais
Good to see ur back Froggie
but sad to hear ur still having trouble with your house and also your dad being sick etc
Praying he gets good results.

Thanks 2pais
I'm hoping things pick up soon. Its made it very difficult to enjoy the feeling of being in the new house. Maybe the house warming party will help
Well I managed to get a couple of pics uploaded. I'll try to take some of the house from the front tomorrow if the rain stops!!

Holly just LOVES our new hallway....she doesn't need to go outside for exercise, she just runs up and down the hallway squeeking her toy ball

My bedroom before the blinds went up

With the new chocolate wood blinds

One day I'll have a bedroom setting to go match them lol

Looking down the hallway from the front door into the kitchen/meals area

My guard giraffe with one of my orginal african paintings. Was so excited to finally get them mounted and hung

Another african painting of mine, along with some of the african things that I collected

Holly sitting at the sliding door (hoping to come in)

Also noticed another prob the other day.
I remembered my mum and dad saying to me on the last day that they found the vanity hard to use. My mum and dad are pretty short but I thought they were just being a PITA lol
But the other night I noticed myself saying everytime I used mine that it just seemed to high.
Now I repeated told them I wanted the vanities to be slightly lower so that the top of the basins would be at normal height.
So I grabbed out the plans (from one of the many boxes I still have packed) and I saw the measurement on the plans read 670mm from the floor to the top of the benchtop. I measure both vanities and they measure 760mm!!! They have put in the vanites at the normal height, then stuck the basins on top and I think that bought the total measurement to 800mm. No wonder my mum found it hard to wash her face!!!
Does anyone know if I have any come back now that I'm in the house???
The only way I can see that this can be fixed would to be to countersink the basin into the benchtop by about 100mm approx.
Any thoughts??
Hi Froggie! Glad to see some pics!
Holly looks happy...I see some pavers outside the door there with mulch in the background, so you must have been busy.

Re: The vanities. They are clearly in breach of the contracted specifications so I would be calling them and pointing it out....
Frogger - Go straight to the Telco Ombudsman!! You shouldn't have to get an antenna for it to work!
Deemaree
Hi Froggie! Glad to see some pics!
Holly looks happy...I see some pavers outside the door there with mulch in the background, so you must have been busy.

Re: The vanities. They are clearly in breach of the contracted specifications so I would be calling them and pointing it out....

Putting up the pics is motivating me a little to clean up the inside to take more lol
The pavers you can see is actually a concrete slab, that has been cut to look like 600x600 pavers
That will be my pergola area at some point.
I bought nearly $600 worth of mulch so the dog could go outside and go to the loo without sinking up to her knees in clay
Poor girls feet were getting so red raw from all the mud

I'll call the builder on Monday and point out the blunder to them. I'm willing to bet they will just wipe their hands and say... you signed off on it all.

flagstaffIV
Frogger - Go straight to the Telco Ombudsman!! You shouldn't have to get an antenna for it to work!

Will they really help though??? I think I still have a year on my contract.
The whole point of getting this was so I didn't have to get broadband via the land line. I don't have the phone connected to the property, it was one of my cost cutting adventures lol
Looking good Froggie. Your dog is gorgeous. I love Boxers. Love the African paintings too. They provide intense colour.
Hey Froggie, welcome back !!!!!
Good to see that you haven't forgotten this place! I was tempted to just start writing anything here (again!
)... Glad to see pics of Holly and I hope for the best with your dad ...
They can definitely help. The amount of time I've had to send my customers down that route!!

Just explain the whole situation, let them know you've followed all the info that VF has given you but you still aren't getting good service. They'll give you a reference no. And VF will be forced to do something for you!
Hi Froggie
welcome back! So great to see photos of you home
sorry to hear about your dad, hope everything turns out well with him

It really looks like Holly has settled in to her new home as well
She is very cute
Froggiiiiiieeeee!

Your house is looking comepletely smoochable! Those African paintings are to die for, what gorgeous splashes of colour.

I'm ** to see your builder is being a PITA, I hope it all sorts itself out ASAP. You sound like you don't need any more stress on your plate.

Best wishes to your family, your dad's a battler and he sounds like he's made of tough stuff.

Thinking of you
Perfect hallway for Holly
I've always loved your paintings so it's great to finally see them where they belong ... must have been an awesome feeling putting them up! They really do add that splash of colour
Holly seems to be settling in well in the new home. Love your entry tiles. Whats the name? You have quite a collection there of African items. Nice!
Looking great., I want a guard Giraffe.
Welcome back Froggie, Hope your dad is better by now.
Photos are very nice, Holly is cute walking along a wide hallway. We have moved in to our house as well. So much work around the house. Hope everything going alright with your dad and you can take sometimes off work to decorating your new home so we can share photos of your new home too.

Kind Regards, Tammy
Related
5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

1/01/2024
Back-flow Prevention Valve ?

Building A New House

Good luck with it. I don't know what the cost of a nice bidet seat with a 25mm air gap will be but you are obviously deducting the cost of a RPZ valve and its…

27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum