Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 769 of 778
Bristol 35 SQS
winto_04
Hi,

Congratulations on your rapidly construction progress and thank you for sharing.

I am building Bristol 35 SQS with Eden Brae Homes in Denham Park, Willowdale in South West Sydney.

I have been released to construction today and my Construction Supervisor will be Robert Miller. Can you please let me know if you have deal with him

Hi John,

We finished building with EBH last July, Robert was our SS. He was excellent, easy to contact, willing to let us walk through many times through the build. Sorted issues before we noticed them, and if one did slip through, he'd be straight on to it.

In saying that, the Tyrrells inspectors and our own inspectors let us down as we have had cracking in the ensuite and bathroom due to non supported roof trusses. Ened result is both bathrooms getting stripped out and re done.

The good news is EBH have not stalled on any of our maintenance requests and have fixed everything.

Good luck with your build.

Hi winto_04,

Thank you for your information regarding my site supervisor, Robert Miller.

Can you please let me know who were your independent inspectors. I am currently considering Houspect Construction to inspection for my house slab once it is constructed. Please let me know if you have any best inspector you may recommended.

Thanks,

John
We used Houspect on recommendation from others. They were very thorough, but I guess we're all human and make mistakes. In our case it was probably one of those things they check a few are done and sign off on the rest.

They provided very detailed reports and picked up stuff that I didn't even consider to be defects.

I will probably get Houspect back to do an inspection prior to our 2 year maintenance.

winto_04
Bristol 35 SQS
winto_04
Hi,

Congratulations on your rapidly construction progress and thank you for sharing.

I am building Bristol 35 SQS with Eden Brae Homes in Denham Park, Willowdale in South West Sydney.

I have been released to construction today and my Construction Supervisor will be Robert Miller. Can you please let me know if you have deal with him

Hi John,

We finished building with EBH last July, Robert was our SS. He was excellent, easy to contact, willing to let us walk through many times through the build. Sorted issues before we noticed them, and if one did slip through, he'd be straight on to it.

In saying that, the Tyrrells inspectors and our own inspectors let us down as we have had cracking in the ensuite and bathroom due to non supported roof trusses. Ened result is both bathrooms getting stripped out and re done.

The good news is EBH have not stalled on any of our maintenance requests and have fixed everything.

Hi winto_04,

Can you please let me know who were your independent inspectors. I am currently considering Houspect Construction to inspection for my house slab once it is constructed. Please let me know if you have any best inspector you may recommended.

Thanks,

John
We used Houspect on recommendation from others. They were very thorough, but I guess we're all human and make mistakes. In our case it was probably one of those things they check a few are done and sign off on the rest.

They provided very detailed reports and picked up stuff that I didn't even consider to be defects.

I will probably get Houspect back to do an inspection prior to our 2 year maintenance.

Hi, How much did they charge and was it just the final inspection or staged?

KamadoJusto
winto_04
Bristol 35 SQS
[quote="winto_04"]Hi,

Hi John,

Hi winto_04,

Thanks,

John

Hi, How much did they charge and was it just the final inspection or staged?

[/quote]It was just under $2000 and included an inspection at slab, frame, pre lining, lock up and handover.

Not a lot of $ considering how much you'll be spending over all.

They also do a waterproofing inspection at an added cost.

This was all booked in prior to our construction starting so coming up to 2 years ago. Things may have changed.

KamadoJusto
Are the standard floor tiles ceramic or porcelain? Predominately in the prestige range?

Ceramic is the standard tile.

Porcelain is an upgrade. We are building the Waldorf 50 and had to pay extra.

Cheers

Kind Regards,

Bruce

"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

A Mobile Solicitor at Wong & Horta Lawyers
Anyone know EBH run neural wire along with every switch box?
How much should one allow for the electrical upgrades appointment? 2 story 42sq home if I have access to my own sparky after handover? What did everyone spend.
KamadoJusto
How much should one allow for the electrical upgrades appointment? 2 story 42sq home if I have access to my own sparky after handover? What did everyone spend.

I am building almost similar size. I spent around $16K. It will be difficult to do wiring on ground level. But you can do batten holders instead of DLs. My electrician quote for DL conversion didn't save anything. We end up doing all the lights using them.
InvincibleInDN
KamadoJusto

I am building almost similar size. I spent around $16K. It will be difficult to do wiring on ground level. But you can do batten holders instead of DLs. My electrician quote for DL conversion didn't save anything. We end up doing all the lights using them.

Thanks. I saw their price lists that I think you uploaded and nearly died. Fortunately for me my next door neighbour (good mate) and two cousins are sparkies. They thought I was joking when I showed them the price of a batten holder even. Granted labour and wiring is included but wow. Just wow. No wonder sparkies are so cashed up out of all the tradies. Good luck to them if they can get it.

Hi all

Did anyone get an independent
Inspection through the build and find stuff Tyrells didn’t?

wongbruce
KamadoJusto
Are the standard floor tiles ceramic or porcelain? Predominately in the prestige range?

Ceramic is the standard tile.

Porcelain is an upgrade. We are building the Waldorf 50 and had to pay extra.

Cheers

Kind Regards,

Bruce

Hey Bruce - Im getting ready to build the Waldorf. You happy with your supervisor, sales guy, project manager? Any recommendations? Thanks
raptor19
kim_kdr
We had several problems and frustrations with our cso (who I have heard has left since). We escalated to management a few times who sorted things out quickly. The good news is once you move into construction you barely have to deal with the cso. Fingers crossed you get a good construction supervisor. Ours was brilliant.

Hi how did you get hold of management to escalate your complain with your cso?

Who was yrs? I'll b starting soon. will be nice to have yr cs's name. Thanks.
Hi,

to anyone that when will hybrid frames, has anyone have mounted elevated wall unit? if the metal truss are able to support the weight?

thanks
Nekual
Hi,

to anyone that when will hybrid frames, has anyone have mounted elevated wall unit? if the metal truss are able to support the weight?

thanks

We are building on Hybrid frames. But we added timber noggins on the places where we planning to mount TVs. To be frank, if the frames are close enought for the mount kits screw points, I would not need the noggins.
PARRALAVA
raptor19
kim_kdr
We had several problems and frustrations with our cso (who I have heard has left since). We escalated to management a few times who sorted things out quickly. The good news is once you move into construction you barely have to deal with the cso. Fingers crossed you get a good construction supervisor. Ours was brilliant.

Hi how did you get hold of management to escalate your complain with your cso?

Who was yrs? I'll b starting soon. will be nice to have yr cs's name. Thanks.

Sent you a pm
PARRALAVA
Hey Bruce - Im getting ready to build the Waldorf. You happy with your supervisor, sales guy, project manager? Any recommendations? Thanks

The sales person who we dealt with Kevin Huynh is no longer at Eden Brae Homes as he has moved to London but he did a really good job.

We had a great building supervisor who is really communicative, rings and emails us. A good two way relationship. His name is Ryan Stinson. Our CSO, Samantha is doing wonders behind the scenes. Most people go through maybe 2-3 CSO’s during a build (Resignation or maternity leave), I’ve only had the one.

We are almost at completion and are going for PCI on September 10. Total build time was about 10 months from start to finish. They are finishing on time as Public Holidays and Christmas/New Year shutdowns are not included.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

Kevin was our sales person too, didn’t know he left EBH, he was excellent
We commenced ours on 12 Feb, PCI is on the 18th of September. CSO is Debbie & SS is Nick Christodoulos- excellent team- great with communication whole process has exceeded our expectations!

wongbruce
PARRALAVA

The sales person who we dealt with Kevin Huynh is no longer at Eden Brae Homes as he has moved to Melbourne but he did a really good job.

We had a great building supervisor who is really communicative, rings and emails us. A good two way relationship. His name is Ryan Stinson. Our CSO, Samantha is doing wonders behind the scenes. Most people go through maybe 2-3 CSO’s during a build (Resignation or maternity leave), I’ve only had the one.

We are almost at completion and are going for PCI on September 10. Total build time was about 10 months from start to finish. They are finishing on time as Public Holidays and Christmas/New Year shutdowns are not included.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

Just wondering if anyone has added a split to their home? We're building the Lincoln 35 and due to our block we're asking for a split, and I'm just curious as to what the cost is going to be. We have our tender appointment shortly but we're just trying to get a rough idea.
Lincoln35mk3
Just wondering if anyone has added a split to their home? We're building the Lincoln 35 and due to our block we're asking for a split, and I'm just curious as to what the cost is going to be. We have our tender appointment shortly but we're just trying to get a rough idea.

Are you asking about Stepdown? We have Stepdown in our build. We only know about the Stepdown after our contract signed
InvincibleInDN
Lincoln35mk3

Are you asking about Stepdown? We have Stepdown in our build. We only know about the Stepdown after our contract signed

Yes, so making it a split level. Because of the slope of our block we'll have a step up to the main living area. Ballpark figure seems to be $13k but I wondered if anyone else had had one done and knew costing.
Lincoln35mk3
Yes, so making it a split level. Because of the slope of our block we'll have a step up to the main living area. Ballpark figure seems to be $13k but I wondered if anyone else had had one done and knew costing.

We were not charged extra, as when the tender was prepared, they already added the site costs based on the slope in the land.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum