Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 768 of 828
Manhattan52
malypetu
Hi There,
Can anybody indicate how much should (adequate range) the Hydraulic Eng job cost? I understand the intricacies of the work hence the "range" in the question.

Cheers

$33k for mine

$5.5K for mine but we were lucky as we have an existing storm water pit on the back boundary so the cost is just for extra downpipes and to run the underground pipe work from the house to the existing pit (about 40m or so) and connect to the pit.
Teezed
Manhattan52
malypetu
Hi There,
Can anybody indicate how much should (adequate range) the Hydraulic Eng job cost? I understand the intricacies of the work hence the "range" in the question.

Cheers

$33k for mine

$5.5K for mine but we were lucky as we have an existing storm water pit on the back boundary so the cost is just for extra downpipes and to run the underground pipe work from the house to the existing pit (about 40m or so) and connect to the pit.

Wow, that's very good . I guess the next question is. At what stage did you guys find out the total cost.

In my case, the cost it was set at 10k when signing the contract, however, I did allocate an extra bit on the budget (just in case) but certainly, I did not have any formal way to asses the cost to see if my expectations where correct.
malypetu
Teezed
Manhattan52
$33k for mine

Wow, that's very good . I guess the next question is. At what stage did you guys find out the total cost.

In my case, the cost it was set at 10k when signing the contract, however, I did allocate an extra bit on the budget (just in case) but certainly, I did not have any formal way to asses the cost to see if my expectations where correct.

We also had a $10K provision in our contract. Hydraulics need to be submitted with your DA to Council. So the hydraulic engineer will prepare the hydraulic plan as part of the council plans (someone correct me if this is incorrect). Then Wisdom will price whatever the engineer specifies and a variation will be raised. Not sure what happens in terms of process if done as complying development and not DA.
Hi All,

For those who have moved into their house and had their phones connected, did you have to pay for the "Lead in" or any additional work to have the phone connected?

Thanks
Bob
G'day All

Anyone want to share how much they spent with Wisdom over and above the List Price?
(Not including landscaping or pools)

By the time you add site costs, ramp up the inclusions, facade, choose higher quality fittings, add some Pinterest quality bling I might need to mortgage my first born.

My Tender presentation is next week, and while my sales guy has been fantastic to indicate possible costs, there is the fear I'll end up spending as much on modification and inclusions as the original list price of the house.

Am I crazy to do that, or is that common to spend so much on extras?
BigD
G'day All

Anyone want to share how much they spent with Wisdom over and above the List Price?

By the time you add site costs, ramp up the inclusions, facade, choose higher quality fittings, add some Pinterest quality bling I might need to mortgage my first born.

My Tender presentation is next week, and while my sales guy has been fantastic to indicate possible costs, there is the fear I'll end up spending as much on modification and inclusions as the original list price of the house.

Guilty of that one but depends on you. I do think though that Wisdoms base level of inclusions is pretty good in case you need to remove anything quoted.

I would however suggesting keeping a bit up your sleeve budget wise just in case.
Manhattan52
BigD
G'day All

Guilty of that one but depends on you. I do think though that Wisdoms base level of inclusions is pretty good in case you need to remove anything quoted.

I would however suggesting keeping a bit up your sleeve budget wise just in case.

Very correct, at the end of the day you have to have a budget and plan towards your budget. There are certain things you can do post handover so remove that from the tender. However, there are things better done during build e.g. wardrobes, kitchen or wet area upgrades as this will save you lots of headache post handover.
BigD
G'day All

I am building a Majestic 40. When I started the process 2 years ago the base price was somewhere around the $400k mark. I am not doing any landscaping/driveways through Wisdom other than just a pool itself with associated equipment. So excluding the pool the total bill through Wisdom is currently about $660k for the house only, but who knows what other surprises they might throw my way at the last minute (just received a $4k bill for traffic control). I had to knockdown and rebuild so there were significant extra costs outside of Wisdom for demolition, tree removal etc.

I was very restrained with my selections but tried to get the most bang for my buck to make the house look good without spending too much. I could easily see myself spending another $200k on the house alone if my budget allowed me to and that's still not what I would consider excessive.

For the pool, landscaping, initial demolition, driveway, furniture/fittings etc outside of Wisdom I expect that to be well over $200k, so close to $900k all up.
Had my PCI today and handover next Friday. Still a bit of landscape to do but all on track. We had a last minute issue Monday but got rectified fairly quickly.

It sounds silly but the saddest thing about today was realising I won’t be bugging my SS anymore about the most random things!
Manhattan52
Had my PCI today and handover next Friday. Still a bit of landscape to do but all on track. We had a last minute issue Monday but got rectified fairly quickly.

It sounds silly but the saddest thing about today was realising I won’t be bugging my SS anymore about the most random things!

Congrats Manhattan52. Looking forward to the photos when available 😄😄
Manhattan52

What a great milestone! Are you getting the final OC and able to move in before landscape completes?

How often were you in contact with your SS? Our SS manages about 13 houses (I think) so he is very busy.
BigD
G'day All

The crazy bit is not the extra cost that you can control (aircon, electrical, tiles, colour selection, etc), it's the one you can't control during your build.

Eg. Basix, hydraulics plans + executing hydraulics plans, drop edge beam, extra site handling cost (because of the material having to be moved to the back of the land), traffic control etc. And those are the ones that hit you by the '000 to '0000. These cost will be evident in the tender presentation.

More importantly, after spending a fair amount on the build, you want decent furnishing to go with your new home and as Funk52 mentioned, that's another lump sum to consider.

Provisional cost for your choices can be manually estimated. Many of the folks have posted this in the earlier thread to give you an idea.

I'm going to suggest whatever the base price is, double it for your new home.. at least.
M4bath
Manhattan52

What a great milestone! Are you getting the final OC and able to move in before landscape completes?

How often were you in contact with your SS? Our SS manages about 13 houses (I think) so he is very busy.

All landscape will be complete before handover and will be getting final OC.

I live literally around the corner from my site so would see my SS weekly at least and would talk to him every few days depends. For example brick stage I didn’t speak to him much etc depends on what was happening
Those with solar roof tiles in your package, do you remember when in the build process they were installed?
One
Those with solar roof tiles in your package, do you remember when in the build process they were installed?
They go in shortly after sarking and regular roof tiles.

What size did you order?

[quote="GLO":3m32tbeq][quote="One":3m32tbeq]Those with solar roof tiles in your package, do you remember when in the build process they were installed?[/quote:3m32tbeq]They go in shortly after sarking and regular roof tiles.

What size did you order?[/quote:3m32tbeq]

It’s a token 1.5 kW supposedly worth $7.5k. Unless they look identical to terracotta tiles, I can’t see them. I expected that they would be a bit reflective than regular roof tiles. I haven’t asked because we are not sure if we actually want them.
One
\"GLO":3m32tbeq
\"One":3m32tbeq
Those with solar roof tiles in your package, do you remember when in the build process they were installed?[/quote:]They go in shortly after sarking and regular roof tiles.

What size did you order?

It’s a token 1.5 kW supposedly worth $7.5k. Unless they look identical to terracotta tiles, I can’t see them. I expected that they would be a bit reflective than regular roof tiles. I haven’t asked because we are not sure if we actually want them.

[/quote]
What colour are your terracotta tiles?

I upgraded mine from 1.5kw to 1.665kw.

If you dont take it, what is your alternative?

If you dont take it, what is your alternative?[/quote]

They are caviar. I am just not sure if they forgot to put the solar tiles on or the solar tiles are not visible. We’ve never had solar power before, if they have been done, how do you know if the system is working? Where are the unit located?
One

If you dont take it, what is your alternative?

They are caviar. I am just not sure if they forgot to put the solar tiles on or the solar tiles are not visible. We’ve never had solar power before, if they have been done, how do you know if the system is working? Where are the unit located?[/quote]

The alternative we took is swapping them to the traditional solar panels and not tiles. We were able to also upgrade to just under <5kw.
Where can I find details on bathroom mirrors to be installed - End Panel? Looked at kitchen plans/drawings and colour selections but couldn't find them.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum