Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 768 of 778
Is the HDMI cable tied down to the timber? If not can't they just use current one to draw through the correct HDMI cable?

If it's not too late ask for the HDMI cable to be installed in conduit, you can replace the cable in the future if the standards change.
sumur1au
Is the HDMI cable tied down to the timber? If not can't they just use current one to draw through the correct HDMI cable?

Yes, its tied to the timber also taped with the other speaker wires for some
sumur1au
If it's not too late ask for the HDMI cable to be installed in conduit, you can replace the cable in the future if the standards change.

I don't know will the builder do conduit.

My original plan was wait till I get to visit the site with the SS. I have already sent email to the SS to arrange a visit today.
kim_kdr
We had several problems and frustrations with our cso (who I have heard has left since). We escalated to management a few times who sorted things out quickly. The good news is once you move into construction you barely have to deal with the cso. Fingers crossed you get a good construction supervisor. Ours was brilliant.

Hi how did you get hold of management to escalate your complain with your cso?
raptor19

Every email sent by your CSO has the management email address.
InvincibleInDN
raptor19

Every email sent by your CSO has the management email address.

I see thanks. Any idea how much would it cost to break contract with Eden Brae? Construction hasn’t started yet and still in council approval stage.
raptor19
I see thanks. Any idea how much would it cost to break contract with Eden Brae? Construction hasn’t started yet and still in council approval stage.

We were on the same state before construction started. It was very stressful months. We were advised to talk to a lawyer to understand the Contract. As far as I know, you will lose your money you paid them so far. I would be surprised if they ask for more. I don't know what was the reason you want to break the contract. Talk to the management. Send an email to the management that you want to talk to the higher supervisor and try to resolve it.
InvincibleInDN
raptor19

We were on the same state before construction started. It was very stressful months. We were advised to talk to a lawyer to understand the Contract. As far as I know, you will lose your money you paid them so far. I would be surprised if they ask for more. I don't know what was the reason you want to break the contract. Talk to the management. Send an email to the management that you want to talk to the higher supervisor and try to resolve it.

Its been stressful enough during the journey but we tried to brush it off and get on with it, but with this recent thing they did, i just lost it! As of now they haven’t replied to my disappointment letter to them and still waiting. I am planning to forward it to management email if i didnt hear anything this afternoon. My csa usually emails me end of day and leave
raptor19
InvincibleInDN
raptor19

Its been stressful enough during the journey but we tried to brush it off and get on with it, but with this recent thing they did, i just lost it! As of now they haven’t replied to my disappointment letter to them and still waiting. I am planning to forward it to management email if i didnt hear anything this afternoon. My csa usually emails me end of day and leave

Even after all this frustrations did you still went for the builder and if so how’s the progress/treatment so far?
raptor19
Even after all this frustrations did you still went for the builder and if so how’s the progress/treatment so far?

These are my posts when I had issue with them
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=92416
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=92809
https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=92592

We has issue with BASIX and builder was playing games if I go with external SOLAR vendor.

We didn't want to lose the money we paid for. We also sent an email that we are thinking about cancelling the contract if these issues prolong.

After construction started, its all depend on the SS assigned to you. We are having 3rd SS now, and I feel the 3rd one is best all the other.

Cheers
InvincibleInDN
raptor19

We has issue with BASIX and builder was playing games if I go with external SOLAR vendor.

We didn't want to lose the money we paid for. We also sent an email that we are thinking about cancelling the contract if these issues prolong.

After construction started, its all depend on the SS assigned to you. We are having 3rd SS now, and I feel the 3rd one is best all the other.

Cheers

Hi,

Congratulations on your rapidly construction progress and thank you for sharing.

I am building Bristol 35 SQS with Eden Brae Homes in Denham Park, Willowdale in South West Sydney.

I have been released to construction today and my Construction Supervisor will be Robert Miller. Can you please let me know if you have deal with him before.

Please feel free to let me know your experience with your construction supervisor. Does he/she has a good attention to details & excellent construction scheduling skills.

Please feel free to let me know your Construction Supervisor is weaknesses and how do you help anyway!

Thanks,

John
InvincibleInDN
raptor19

Cheers

Thanks for sharing these. After reading i think ive cooled down a bit haha...

I believe we are building on the same estate in sydney and if you dont mind if you could share your SS contact so i can book him for our build? At least something right to look forward to
Hi all,

We're currently building with EBH, and getting some quotes done with HOG. We were quoted $8k for bricks (couldn't pass on Olympus). I just wanted to know if anyone here can clarify if that quote takes the facade into account? I.e. if the facade we chose is half cladding, why would that amount cost as much as it does, versus a house which is full bricks.
raptor19

I believe we are building on the same estate in sydney and if you dont mind if you could share your SS contact so i can book him for our build? At least something right to look forward to

I have PMed you.
Cremorne30
Hi all,

We're currently building with EBH, and getting some quotes done with HOG. We were quoted $8k for bricks (couldn't pass on Olympus). I just wanted to know if anyone here can clarify if that quote takes the facade into account? I.e. if the facade we chose is half cladding, why would that amount cost as much as it does, versus a house which is full bricks.

The upgrade rate doesn't change based on your facade.
Sorry, had another question -- our Di Lorenzo quote came back around $8k for carpet and tiling. Some sections in the quote state "Additional Above Allowance", does anyone what this is in reference to? Above the provision we put in place? Though I don't know how they'd know that given we never told them what our allowance was. So wondering if the $8k is the final cost.
Cremorne30
Sorry, had another question -- our Di Lorenzo quote came back around $8k for carpet and tiling. Some sections in the quote state "Additional Above Allowance", does anyone what this is in reference to? Above the provision we put in place? Though I don't know how they'd know that given we never told them what our allowance was. So wondering if the $8k is the final cost.

Based on your build series, EBH has fixed allowance for tiles and carpet. If you choose a tile or carpet above the EBH allowance, it's mentioned in the quote.
InvincibleInDN
raptor19

I have PMed you.

Thanks mate
Are the standard floor tiles ceramic or porcelain? Predominately in the prestige range?

Hi,

Congratulations on your rapidly construction progress and thank you for sharing.

I am building Bristol 35 SQS with Eden Brae Homes in Denham Park, Willowdale in South West Sydney.

I have been released to construction today and my Construction Supervisor will be Robert Miller. Can you please let me know if you have deal with him

Hi John,

We finished building with EBH last July, Robert was our SS. He was excellent, easy to contact, willing to let us walk through many times through the build. Sorted issues before we noticed them, and if one did slip through, he'd be straight on to it.

In saying that, the Tyrrells inspectors and our own inspectors let us down as we have had cracking in the ensuite and bathroom due to non supported roof trusses. Ened result is both bathrooms getting stripped out and re done.

The good news is EBH have not stalled on any of our maintenance requests and have fixed everything.

Good luck with your build.

winto_04
Hi,

I have been released to construction today and my Construction Supervisor will be Robert Miller. Can you please let me know if you have deal with him

Hi John,

We finished building with EBH last July, Robert was our SS. He was excellent, easy to contact, willing to let us walk through many times through the build. Sorted issues before we noticed them, and if one did slip through, he'd be straight on to it.

In saying that, the Tyrrells inspectors and our own inspectors let us down as we have had cracking in the ensuite and bathroom due to non supported roof trusses. Ened result is both bathrooms getting stripped out and re done.

The good news is EBH have not stalled on any of our maintenance requests and have fixed everything.

Good luck with your build.

Hi winto_04,

Thank you for your information regarding my site supervisor, Robert Miller.

Can you please let me know who were your independent inspectors. I am currently considering Houspect Construction to inspection for my house slab once it is constructed. Please let me know if you have any best inspector you may recommended.

Thanks,

John
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum