Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 767 of 778
Zorro6
Hi first time
Have a look at “product review .com.au” site. Eden Brae have had 485 reviews for a 4.1/5 positive feedback. A pretty impressive result for that many reviews. I guess these reviews are from Sydney/ wgong/Newcastle .

I didn't think they were anything that special having moved in recently, Pretty much depends on what tradies they send to do your house. In my case some were good but others not so much like the Chinese Painters they sent to paint my house.
Hi all

EBH uses stegbar for windows & slide doors. does anyone know if EBH have crimsafe, invis-gard or amplimesh security options?
Hi All,

We have currently paid our $750 tender fee and looking to build the Waldorf 50. I have a couple of questions for anyone that has already build or gone through the process with Eden Brae.

1. If we opt for a simple ceiling light rather than the downlight, are they all aligned with a laser together or randomly placed?
2. Has anyone got conduit installed for post handover networking install?
Nekual
Hi all

EBH uses stegbar for windows & slide doors. does anyone know if EBH have crimsafe, invis-gard or amplimesh security options?

Supa Security doors
sumur1au
Hi All,

We have currently paid our $750 tender fee and looking to build the Waldorf 50. I have a couple of questions for anyone that has already build or gone through the process with Eden Brae.

1. If we opt for a simple ceiling light rather than the downlight, are they all aligned with a laser together or randomly placed?

Hi we are currently building the Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville

To answer your questions simply:

1. Yes you can opt for a simple ceiling light and change over after handover to downlights. That is what we are doing. Tell Michelle from HSI who will be doing your electrical plan you need it lined up for post handover changeover for downlights.

2. Definitely a no no. Especially if you are putting in security cameras. It gets harder to feed through the home post construction. Do it whilst they are building.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au

A Mobile Solicitor at Wong & Horta Lawyers
wongbruce
sumur1au
Hi All,

Hi we are currently building the Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville

To answer your questions simply:

1. Yes you can opt for a simple ceiling light and change over after handover to downlights. That is what we are doing. Tell Michelle from HSI who will be doing your electrical plan you need it lined up for post handover changeover for downlights.

2. Definitely a no no. Especially if you are putting in security cameras. It gets harder to feed through the home post construction. Do it whilst they are building.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. Looks like we are neighbours, we are on Mapleton ave. Do you think it's worth installing down lights post handover ? The current price is $84 per light vs $121 for a Clipsal down light.
sumur1au
Thanks Bruce. Looks like we are neighbours, we are on Mapleton ave. Do you think it's worth installing down lights post handover ? The current price is $84 per light vs $121 for a Clipsal down light.

Yup it is. Still almost a $40 difference.

For us we have light battens ready for the electrician to come and changeover. Wires are essentially there ready to go.

We have about 138 lights I think to change over. So do the maths and it’s about half the price.

Kind Regards,

Bruce

sumur1au
The current price is $84 per light vs $121 for a Clipsal down light.

If I correct, $84 is just for batten holder which is not light included. You still have to buy your own. Check with your electrician, how much he charge for downlight conversation.
The trend is downlights.

In the past I read someone on this forum says downlights are very harsh and glaring light I didn't believe it

I just move into my recently completed house.

I totally agree. In one area I have a 13 watt led batten light vs a 10 Watts downlights.

The batten light was so soft lighting. Just a std batten light.

My downlights was very annoyingly harsh.
sumur1au
Hi All,

For point 2. U need to prewire with cat 6 data cables.
MyFirst
The trend is downlights.

In the past I read someone on this forum says downlights are very harsh and glaring light I didn't believe it

I totally agree. In one area I have a 13 watt led batten light vs a 10 Watts downlights.

Both of your lights are led lights. Batten light should have the diffuser. It's the diffuser which made the difference. I would go with downlights to the living areas which gives you cleaner look.
InvincibleInDN
MyFirst
The trend is downlights.

Both of your lights are led lights. Batten light should have the diffuser. It's the diffuser which made the difference. I would go with downlights to the living areas which gives you cleaner look.

The diffuser doesn't help much. Still very harsh compare to a std led bulb.
No help on this forum for me!
Hi

(1) For whose that elect to have hybrid frame, was running additional power point or cabling later difficult?
(2) settlement checklist has item "HOW certificate", what does HOW mean?

Thanks
Nekual
(1) For whose that elect to have hybrid frame, was running additional power point or cabling later difficult?

My electrician friend said, these frames are easy for wiring in future comparing to the wooden frames. But I would suggest you to do the required wiring in the ground level incase you building a double storey building
HOW = Home Owners Warranty
Homedreams2019
HOW = Home Owners Warranty

thanks
Hi guys.
I asked EBH to install projector provision with HDMI with 4K 18GBps (Ultra Premium cable) I have email communications, but on the site, I found that they have installed 4K HDMI but doesn't support 18GBps. Anyone reported this type issue to SS or builder and got this resolved. I am not allowed to enter the site (on paper). Now the builder has completed the Gyprock, and I worried that fixing it will be difficult. Its double storey building.
At this stage, I cannot book inspection meeting at this moment (Lining completion), and next inspection allowed is PCI. For this pre-wiring I have paid $1200 (including admin fee), which makes me angry.

Thanks.
@InvincibleInDN three options:
1. Do nothing. Wait until it's too late and ask for refund which they'll probably give you.
2. Report it outright to the SS. I understand your concern as you're formally not permitted to enter the site. Not sure what your relationship with the SS is like, but if you care this deeply you're better to report it earlier rather than later. It's easier to fix now than after painting is done, gyprock can be fixed even if they need to remove a panel or make some hole to patch up!
3. Request a site visit. Make the discovery there and inform him that you want it fixed. Then put it in writing.
Cremorne35
@InvincibleInDN three options:
1. Do nothing. Wait until it's too late and ask for refund which they'll probably give you.
2. Report it outright to the SS. I understand your concern as you're formally not permitted to enter the site. Not sure what your relationship with the SS is like, but if you care this deeply you're better to report it earlier rather than later. It's easier to fix now than after painting is done, gyprock can be fixed even if they need to remove a panel or make some hole to patch up!
3. Request a site visit. Make the discovery there and inform him that you want it fixed. Then put it in writing.

Hi Cremorne35, thanks for the suggestion.
This SS is recently assigned to our construction. I have sent an email to the SS for Site Visit as the Internal Linings Stage is completed. To be fair, after this SS assignment, I could see lots of work done. Fingers crossed
. I really want this to be fixed rather than getting a refund.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum