Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New here we are building the Doulton 56 with extension

Page 77 of 77
stanus
the mentality is the less you know (when visiting the site) the better for them (moneywise).
i.e. you cannot pick up errors when you are not there,errors which can easily be covered up by lets say a sheet of plaster or a coat of paint.
They cover it up with OHS issue (that is why you not supposed to be onsite).

Just wear a hard hat, safety vest and safety boots, and walk in with a clipboard! They will think you are an inspector! lol
Sparkyf

Perfectly flat! You were so lucky!

You reckon? It cost us $11,000 more in site cost Cos it was considered p class. They had to put 60 piers in. But at least it’s very stable. And won’t move. Our private inspector said it was so solid that it won’t move from here to China lol

I also meant to say cos we were to close to the easements

Sparkyf
Doulton777
Sanuaka
[quote="Doulton777"]Hey Ren my building has up too 342 days. I really hope it doesn't take that long. That's nearly a year

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Ours is 337 days. Hows your progress going? We got an email asking us to clear the site. I think ours will start by next week.

Oh good you finally start. I would love that email lol. We are not near too that yet. We are still at the banking stage

How did everyone do their loans? Did you have your contract stage then went for the loan? I'm interesting to see how everyone's stages went. Cos I'm thinking m has done things back too front.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Our broker said they will do the finance with the bank when we have the final "fixed price" contract. M said that will be two months down the track, and after the electrical & colours selections.[/quote]

Why that long?

We haven't got a prelim contract yet, they are still working on the plans I guess, as it's not a standard build! Our original colour and electrical appointment was May 18 and 19, but I can't get time off work on those days as we are really short staffed due to coronavirus isolation issues! So I chose 28 and 29 on my RDOs.

We would have liked to do a Doulton 56 as well, but too close to easements also, in addition to having overlooking issue with back neighbours!
Oh yeah I guess that makes sense. At least you got two days for electrical. We only had one. And our build is complex too. We ended up spending nearly $50.000 on electrical. And they gave us a guy that just started there two weeks beforehand. Hubby had to tell him what to do.

They also gave us 1 day for colours. We had 5 bathrooms as well and 7 bedrooms and house was extended by 10sq.

Sparkyf
We haven't got a prelim contract yet, they are still working on the plans I guess, as it's not a standard build! Our original colour and electrical appointment was May 18 and 19, but I can't get time off work on those days as we are really short staffed due to coronavirus isolation issues! So I chose 28 and 29 on my RDOs.

We would have liked to do a Doulton 56 as well, but too close to easements also, in addition to having overlooking issue with back neighbours!

Oh sorry I thought you said you had two days of electricals.

Two days, one for electrical, and one for colours!

You look like one of my workmates!
Sparkyf
Two days, one for electrical, and one for colours!

Is that Peter or Robert, or maybe you just look like them? I work at Post too!
What do you mean?

Doulton777
Renman
We only had 24 piers put in. They were all for the front of the house and was 2000m deep.

My KDR Metricon Hampshire - Liberty - 45 Melb

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

This is ours

viewtopic.php?t=86597

You were so lucky, that your house can be 3.1M from the front boundary! We wanted to build the Doulton 56 with front balcony also, but had to be 4M from front boundary, and then it would be too close to the rear easement, and overlooking rear neighbours too!
Gee only 3 meters yeah the standards is 4 but it may be different in different states. How’s it all going?

We have our draft contract and preliminary plans. After compiling the list of errors and a few final additions, we are waiting for draft version 2 this week. And still trying to sort out what is required to apply for planning permit (that we have to do ourselves)!
what is your garge door colour?
Surfmist
Hello Doulton777 ! Fabulous house - wondering where you purchased your pendant lights for the stairwell ??

Have been looking for something similar - they are in the Doulton display at burwood east aren't they

Thanks in advance
Someone posted this question in the Metricon Home Builders group of Facebook, and this was suggested:
https://www.micalighting.com.au/berly15-5-light-pendant-clear.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwgZuDBhBTEiwAXNofRMzrktasa6J0o7NIYTP-onjbPFb8ltGeeIfCtKn2lFQQ_62VQspUExoCUwoQAvD_BwE

Doulton777
Got my cupboard installed from ikea. Took 9 hours too install. It also includes a hamper. Before and after shots.

Very nice WIR Doulton. Does Ikea allow fully customized WIR? Why you left a gap between the ceiling and WIR?
LFMEL
Doulton777
Got my cupboard installed from ikea. Took 9 hours too install. It also includes a hamper. Before and after shots.

Hi they only have a certain height. But even if we made it higher. It’s hard to reach anyway. It’s not practical

Very nice WIR Doulton. Does Ikea allow fully customized WIR? Why you left a gap between the ceiling and WIR?

Much prefer the ones we got through lumi lighting. But these are nice for the price
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum