Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 760 of 929
Did anyone complete their electrical appointment in May or June this year? I'm trying to get a hold of a Sydney pricelist...

viewtopic.php?t=83651

Building a modified Sheridan 35
Our cornices are up and the stair man is there doing the stairs. Kitchen tomorrow woowoo!

http://bellaviabuild.wordpress.com
bumblebee1985
Did anyone complete their electrical appointment in May or June this year? I'm trying to get a hold of a Sydney pricelist...

viewtopic.php?t=83651

Hi bumblebee1985, checking back on our quote, these were pricing from last year:
- Extra Light Circuit and Extra Safety Switch = $240@
- Light Point = $58@
- Junction box for future external light point = $74
- Two way switch = $50@
- Wiring for external column = $147
- Supply & install GU10 LED Downlight = $49@
- Supply & install Under cabinet LED Downlight = $88@
- Supply & install 1 Globe GU10 5w LED External Wall Light Down = $147@
- Supply & install 2 Globe GU10 5w LED External Wall Light Up/ Down = $176@
- Extra Power Circuit & Safety Switch = $250@
- Single Powerpoint = $64@
- Double Powerpoint on island bench or staircase = $147@
- Double Powerpoint = $75
- Weather proof Double powerpoint = $125@
- Wire circuit for 2 lamp fan heater incl safety switch = $321

Still best to check in case the pricing has changed.
mrrrrt
bumblebee1985

viewtopic.php?t=83651

Hi bumblebee1985, checking back on our quote, these were pricing from last year:
- Extra Light Circuit and Extra Safety Switch = $240@
- Light Point = $58@
- Junction box for future external light point = $74
- Two way switch = $50@
- Wiring for external column = $147
- Supply & install GU10 LED Downlight = $49@
- Supply & install Under cabinet LED Downlight = $88@
- Supply & install 1 Globe GU10 5w LED External Wall Light Down = $147@
- Supply & install 2 Globe GU10 5w LED External Wall Light Up/ Down = $176@
- Extra Power Circuit & Safety Switch = $250@
- Single Powerpoint = $64@
- Double Powerpoint on island bench or staircase = $147@
- Double Powerpoint = $75
- Weather proof Double powerpoint = $125@
- Wire circuit for 2 lamp fan heater incl safety switch = $321

Still best to check in case the pricing has changed.

Hi Mrrrrt
Thanks for letting me know - Yes, the pricelist has gone up drastically which is why I was curious as to whether this is just this month or if it was last month too...some prices have gone up as much as $35 - $50...for a 3 way powerpoint and similar smaller items...
Cheers

viewtopic.php?t=83651

pandj.lydds
mrrrrt
SS in his update last Friday confirmed PCI to go ahead for Wed, 22nd June... he also indicated that handover may be ready by the following Wed, 29th June... --- holding our breath....

That is awesome news mrrrrt. I bet you are really excited and can't wait for the day.

thanks pandj.lydds, seems to be a really long journey to date... can't wait to put this behind us.
Question regarding bathtubs, has anyone seen what the plumbers use as a base for the tub to sit on?
Ours is in a hob and we went in the house tonight and they have leftover roof tiles on the ground inside, presumably to use as a base
leese
mrrrrt
Some update from my end:
- Our SS has moved PCI to this Friday (from Wednesday this week)

- Handover is still booked for Wed, 29th Jun
- All our shelving has been completed: WIP, WIL, all bedroom wardrobes
- Rain garden piping completed
- Final painting finishes is being completed

It looks amazing!!! Shame they keep moving PCI.. but you are almost there!!

With your shelving, does it have support bars in the corners at the front or is it just shelves ? (Does that make sense??)

Building a Modified Madison 37.

Hi leese, thank you! Taking it one day at a time... nearly there. Yeah.. I have the shelving with support bars in the middle which is different to what it was in the display homes.
leeleh
Your house looks great Mrrrt!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=82062

Madison 37 - site start 16.2.16

Thanks leeleh! How's things coming along with you house?
leese
When does scaffolding come down?? When they are almost finished or when externals are done??

Hi leese, ours came down when they're ready to paint the externals and ready to commence work internally.
KLB
It looks amazing mrrrrt! Just think you are better of having PCI when stuff is done instead of them rushing it and things not being complete

Leese usually when externals are done. We still have the lower scaffolding on as they still need to do some external painting.

Thanks KLB - yes that's exactly what I keep reminding myself. Our SS is continuing to complete all items we have raised... can't wait to see the finished product...
leese
LOVE PROGRESS. All happening at ours today: digger putting in gas, lower gutters and facia going on and wiring going in... busy little place today!

Wow leese happy to hear about your progress. It's not long now...
pandj.lydds
mrrrrt
Some update from my end:

Hi mrrrrt, your house looks great. I am looking forward to the day I am at that stage, we have been updated by Clarendon to tell us that the developer still will not allow them on site. So this is our first significant delay, they were suppose to have access a month ago. We need this to happen so we can get our fixed pricing completed.

I noticed that you have a little rendering on the facade, did this cost a great deal. We have a corner block and our design requirements state that we need two different types of material. So it is either cladding or render.

Thanks pandj.lydds! It cost us less about $2.9k to render the facade. To render the single pier in the middle would have cost an additional $1.5k which why we opted for the bricks.
mrrrrt
leese
LOVE PROGRESS. All happening at ours today: digger putting in gas, lower gutters and facia going on and wiring going in... busy little place today!

Wow leese happy to hear about your progress. It's not long now...

I just realised we are at week 18 of a 36 week build!! Half way!!!!

mrrrrt
pandj.lydds
mrrrrt
Some update from my end:

Hi mrrrrt, your house looks great. I am looking forward to the day I am at that stage, we have been updated by Clarendon to tell us that the developer still will not allow them on site. So this is our first significant delay, they were suppose to have access a month ago. We need this to happen so we can get our fixed pricing completed.

I noticed that you have a little rendering on the facade, did this cost a great deal. We have a corner block and our design requirements state that we need two different types of material. So it is either cladding or render.

Thanks pandj.lydds! It cost us less about $2.9k to render the facade. To render the single pier in the middle would have cost an additional $1.5k which why we opted for the bricks.

Thanks mrrrrt, not as expensive as I thought. Great decision to leave the column bricked. It looks really nice.
mrrrrt
leeleh
Your house looks great Mrrrt!

Thanks leeleh! How's things coming along with you house?

Waterproofing and cladding this week and gyprock next week for us. Still plodding along despite the change in SS. A bit concerned that the new SS knew nothing of our slab report and issues that still need fixing though...

Nice progress mrrrrt! Paging all brickies please call Adam M so he could continue on our bricks, 12 weeks to date and did not even finish the ground floor ;-( , we'll just hope we could still move in before Christmas.....
mrrrrt
Some update from my end:

Hi Mrrrrt
Looks great! What are the colours you picked for bricks, fascia, gutters and roof?
T

viewtopic.php?t=83651

bumblebee1985
mrrrrt
Some update from my end:

Hi Mrrrrt
Looks great! What are the colours you picked for bricks, fascia, gutters and roof?
T
viewtopic.php?t=83651

Hi bumblebee1985 thanks! We picked Austral Bricks Whitsundays Orpheus, off-white mortar, fascia and gutters is monument colour, our window colour is surfmist, we picked terracotta french ebony glazed. We quite nervous when picked our colours as it was hard to visualise our our selections. We were relieved that it all worked in the end.
mrrrrt
bumblebee1985
mrrrrt
Some update from my end:

Hi Mrrrrt
T
viewtopic.php?t=83651

Hi bumblebee1985 thanks! We picked Austral Bricks Whitsundays Orpheus, off-white mortar, fascia and gutters is monument colour, our window colour is surfmist, we picked terracotta french ebony glazed. We quite nervous when picked our colours as it was hard to visualise our our selections. We were relieved that it all worked in the end.

Hi Mrrrrt
That's exactly the same colour scheme that we're looking at except surfmist fascia also...so good that someone else has done the same so we have something to use as a guide! So excited and happy with our choices now!
Not sure what colour roof we were going though...so will have to have a look!
Thanks!

viewtopic.php?t=83651

Hi we have opted for saffire package in Sydney. How is the included flooring choices offered by Clarendon. I do know they offer laminate, ceramic tiles and carpet. Did anyone upgrade to vinyl or wider laminate boards? Roughly what is the cost of the upgrade for a 39 sq house?

Also I guess they give 8k credit if you decide to have the flooring done after handover.

Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum