Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who's building with Clarendon??

Page 755 of 929
There are two separate electrical appointments, electrical for power points lights, fans etc and another with Zurcorp witch is data, alarms doorbells speaker cabling etc
Dark Helmet
There are two separate electrical appointments, electrical for power points lights, fans etc and another with Zurcorp witch is data, alarms doorbells speaker cabling etc

Thanks Dark Helmet. How much did you spend at your Zurcorp appointment? I cant fathom I'll be spending too much there...

Dark Helmet

Hi,

Can I ask how much did you pay for your driveway via clarendon? And did that include footpath reinstatement ?

Thanks,
K.
k3nnis
Dark Helmet

Hi,

Can I ask how much did you pay for your driveway via clarendon? And did that include footpath reinstatement ?

Thanks,
K.

adamsmithers55
Dark Helmet

Thanks Dark Helmet. How much did you spend at your Zurcorp appointment? I cant fathom I'll be spending too much there...

I'll check tonight and let you both know
Anyone here have quotes for retaining walls? Anyone here have high retaining walls to out after handover? Like 1m and above in height ?

Wondering what costing you got so far for retaining walls? Either timber or masonry?

Thanks,
K.

Good question K. To add to that, has anyone built their own retaining walls? I'm thinking of DIY

I think mine has no chance of a DIY
adamsmithers55
Good question K. To add to that, has anyone built their own retaining walls? I'm thinking of DIY

Hi Adam,

I built a retaining wall about 6 months ago and I had to step it back. The primary reason for this was because council requirement that an engineer must plan a wall above 1m, with a builder to construct it. I needed 1.2. so all I did was build 700mm and then step back 500mm and then went up another 700mm.
Thanks for the info. Did you do it after handover or before? Cost? How long was it? And cost of engineer report?

What material was the retaining wall?

well and truly after handover, the house was built in the 80s. It ended up being a curved wall about 15m long and because I stepped it back it was essentially two wall instead of one; so there was no need for an engineers plan. All up costs for material was a little over $1000, I bought most of the items from Masters including the grass. Soil still, road base and blue metal still hand to come from a landscape supplier.

The beer at the end of the job............................priceless
Lol nice! I'm not handy enough to do myself

Hi all, first and foremost thanks for sharing your updates and information here.
I am looking to building a single storey home in QLD and was looking at quotes i had picked up from various builders, and inclined towards Clarendon.

i am looking at building the Denton 23, and wanted to check if there was anyone else who had built a similar home with them.

Thanks in advance.
We've been gyprocked! Sometime between Wednesday lunchtime (when I dropped by) and this morning (when my parents went past) they did the whole house!
How exciting KLB!!!
I think it's a lesson to me to stop dropping by so often because nothing ever happens when I do lol.
Yeah. I only let myself go see it on weekends as it is too disappointing when no one is there and nothing is happening. I realised it is the nature of the beast and best to have some time between visits. We were going to go today but the painters are in. Will do a drive by Tom...I haven't seen it in 2 weeks! Longest time so far.
KLB
We've been gyprocked! Sometime between Wednesday lunchtime (when I dropped by) and this morning (when my parents went past) they did the whole house!

Congrats KLB! Amazing stage...

Our painting will be finished this week/end. Floor tiles install should start early next week. The end can't come soon enough. We have been with my wife's parents since Easter 2015
We are the same Dark Helmet. I can't wait to have my own space again!
Dark Helmet
Our painting will be finished this week/end. Floor tiles install should start early next week. The end can't come soon enough. We have been with my wife's parents since Easter 2015

Hope it flies by for you. We have been with may parents since July last year. 6 people with one bathroom/toilet is NOT fun. Can't wait to have 3 of them lol.
Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum