Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 749 of 778
Hi Guys,

Fencing question - Two neighbouring lots are not sold yet. Do I've to bear the full fencing cost myself (or) can I ask the land developer (selling the lots) for the share?

Experiences / Thoughts / Suggestions please?

P.S. I'm OK to do it myself but wanted to understand if there is any other option before I take that route.

Many thanks!
voz
Miffy
Its a document/part of contract document where dimension of windows are mentioned. IWith my understanding, it should be with the house drawings. I can not find one but then i wanted to confirm if everyone gets it.

Miffy

I was trying to find this as well. I didn't get any separate document, you can refer to the main drawings however I'm not sure if you'll find measurement for each window in the main drawings.

I've a PCV for increasing front door height and I validated that recently, looks OK. Others all standard.

Thanks Voz and dreamh0me !!

Hi..
i am building in marsden park and none of the neighbor s have started construction so looks like we will be the first one to finish. How do i contact neighbors to discuss fencing options/cost?
cheeku
Hi..
i am building in marsden park and none of the neighbor s have started construction so looks like we will be the first one to finish. How do i contact neighbors to discuss fencing options/cost?

Contact your council and get your neighbours contact details.
All,

I'm looking for good tradies for the following:

Landscaping
Fencing
Downlights
Ducted AC

If you have any contacts please could you share? Thanks!
Your Window Schedule will be on your house drawings and will look like this:
cheeku
Hi..

Visit your council website and search for Request for Rateable Owner Information for Adjoining Property under the Dividing Fences Act 1991 (NSW).
mrbiggens

mrbiggens
mrbiggens

I wrote to Eden Brae and got this reply;

Thanks for your email. The windows for your home are detailed on your construction plans, we don’t provide a separate window schedule so I am not sure what the others are referencing.

The windows dimensions on your plans are in metres and expressed as four digit numbers – the first two digits refer to the height of the window while the second refer to the width eg ASW 1821 is an aluminium sliding window that is 1.8m high x 2.1m wide.

Miffy
voz
Miffy
Its a document/part of contract document where dimension of windows are mentioned. IWith my understanding, it should be with the house drawings. I can not find one but then i wanted to confirm if everyone gets it.

Miffy

I was trying to find this as well. I didn't get any separate document, you can refer to the main drawings however I'm not sure if you'll find measurement for each window in the main drawings.

I've a PCV for increasing front door height and I validated that recently, looks OK. Others all standard.

I wrote to Eden Brae admin and got this reply:

Thanks for your email. The windows for your home are detailed on your construction plans, we don’t provide a separate window schedule so I am not sure what the others are referencing.

The windows dimensions on your plans are in metres and expressed as four digit numbers – the first two digits refer to the height of the window while the second refer to the width eg ASW 1821 is an aluminium sliding window that is 1.8m high x 2.1m wide.

dreamh0me
mrbiggens
mrbiggens

Also got “The plans above are from another builder. Our drafting company sets out our plans differently.”

dreamh0me
dreamh0me
mrbiggens

Also got “The plans above are from another builder. Our drafting company sets out our plans differently.”

Lol, i should have prefaced i am building with Allworth, i put that up so you guys would know what to look for.
Hi guys just a heads up about landscaper that I used. Just an honest feedback. We used Southern Sun Landscapes and was left disappointed. Cameron is young and has lot to learn about customer service. If you want less headache go for someone with more experience

dreamh0me
Miffy
voz
[quote="Miffy"]Its a document/part of contract document where dimension of windows are mentioned. IWith my understanding, it should be with the house drawings. I can not find one but then i wanted to confirm if everyone gets it.

Miffy

I wrote to Eden Brae admin and got this reply:

[/quote]

Thanks guys!!!!:)

voz
cheeku
Hi..

Contact your council and get your neighbours contact details.

hmm..council said due to privacy issues they cant share contact details?
cheeku
hmm..council said due to privacy issues they cant share contact details?

That's interesting! Which council? My SS asked me to call council and let them know the purpose and they will share the details.
And what would be cost of fencing if I've to bear the full cost? Assume no retaining walls.

Thanks!
dreamh0me, miffy

Any update on the progress?

My update - Flooring complete, first coat paint in progress. Expected handover - sometime in Jan 2018.
voz
@dreamh0me, miffy

My update - Flooring complete, first coat paint in progress. Expected handover - sometime in Jan 2018.

Hi Voz,
Paint done, flooring next week. This week they are doing plumbing Nd carpentry work.

Miffy
voz
@dreamh0me, miffy

Hi Voz,
Paint done, flooring next week. This week they are doing plumbing Nd carpentry work.

Hi. Paint done , carpentry done and electricians being done . Not sure when flooring is being done

Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum