Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 747 of 778
readytomove
voz
dreamh0me
We got stairs

Good progress, mate. Fingers crossed for Christmas move in.

How much was ur quote for this stairs ? What balsturde? Looking very cool.

We are getting the stairs and Glass ballustrade as per display Home. From memory it was $16000 but it went up to $23000 when we were signing but they honoured the old price

[quote="voz"]@dreamh0me, Miffy

Any update on the next steps? i.e., sequence of planned items till PCI? I haven't heard from my SS yet
/quote]

This is what I received from our ss last week:

The stairs went in on Monday. The waterproofers were on site yesterday to do the bathrooms and balcony. This is complete and means your kitchens and vanities will be installed tomorrow. The carpenters are commencing today with the doors and window trims. They will finish this next week.

The tiler is due to start mid next week, and will be tiling for approx. 2 weeks before we can commence paintwork mid November.

We have the bathroom cabinets and kitchen ( but there has been some problem so it is not all installed and rangehood could not be put in). Tiler’s were at us yesterday preparing the wet areas for tiles. I saw the Tilers at the house today.

Abbey blinds are coming on Monday for a final measure so they can manufacture our blinds ( they take about 3 weeks)

Hope this helps

The fence is up for demolition, but nothing will be done for quite a while due to the complete incompetence of Energy Australia. They have failed to have the gas meter abolished, so we've been screwed! Aparently 5 months is not long enough to organise disconnection.

winto_04
The fence is up for demolition, but nothing will be done for quite a while due to the complete incompetence of Energy Australia. They have failed to have the gas meter abolished, so we've been screwed! Aparently 5 months is not long enough to organise disconnection.

Sorry to hear @winto_04,

I had a lot of issues with Energy Australia over the last few years. Hope they complete their work soon.
Hey dreamh0me,

Very nice selection for cabinets!!

I can see plastic layer on alfresco door. Did you request it?

this point was raised in inspections but nothing had been done by EB.
Miffy
Hey dreamh0me,

Hi . We did not request the plastic - it just came like that

dreamh0me
Miffy
Hey dreamh0me,

Hi . We did not request the plastic - it just came like that

Ok Great.

I had a look in my buildwatch snap shot and glass looks the same. I just did not notice.

Hi All,

I went and had a look at my construction yesterday and found a rat in the garage. Not sure if it's common to see rats during construction and worried on how to get rid of it. Should I raise it with my Site Supervisor? Can EBH get rid of it before handover?

Please share your experience/thoughts.

Thanks!
dreamh0me
readytomove
voz
[quote="dreamh0me"]We got stairs

Good progress, mate. Fingers crossed for Christmas move in.

How much was ur quote for this stairs ? What balsturde? Looking very cool.

We are getting the stairs and Glass ballustrade as per display Home. From memory it was $16000 but it went up to $23000 when we were signing but they honoured the old price

[/quote]

Thank you. I m paying $23000 with another builder. So sounds about right. Lucky to save about 7k

Got an email from our ss. Very happy with the progress. The wet tiling is done and painting will be commencing next week. He said we will almost be finished by Christmas but due to inspections and paperwork required it won’t happen ( tradies / suppliers and Eden Brae not working then. PCI will be some time January but he does not know when.

miffy
voz

voz
winto_04

Sorry to hear @winto_04,

I had a lot of issues with Energy Australia over the last few years. Hope they complete their work soon.

I feel your pain - I aged 10 Year’s trying to get our gas disconnected. Between AGL and Jemena Gas !!!!!!

voz
winto_04

Sorry to hear @winto_04,

voz
winto_04

Sorry to hear @winto_04,

voz
winto_04

Sorry to hear @winto_04,

I feel your pain - I aged 10 Year’s trying to get our gas disconnected. Between AGL and Jemena Gas !!!!!!

voz
winto_04

Sorry to hear @winto_04,

dreamh0me
Got an email from our ss. Very happy with the progress. The wet tiling is done and painting will be commencing next week. He said we will almost be finished by Christmas but due to inspections and paperwork required it won’t happen ( tradies / suppliers and Eden Brae not working then. PCI will be some time January but he does not know when.

miffy
voz

Wow!!! That's excellent progress dreamh0me and I heard the same from miffy as well.

We are stuck at the moment with the new SS still getting his head around our build. Little or no work done for the last two weeks. We should have been in by December but now it looks more like end of Jan. We three may move in around the same time
voz
dreamh0me

miffy
voz

Wow!!! That's excellent progress dreamh0me and I heard the same from miffy as well.

We are stuck at the moment with the new SS still getting his head around our build. Little or no work done for the last two weeks. We should have been in by December but now it looks more like end of Jan. We three may move in around the same time

Let’s hope work will happen soon. I am happy with January!!

dreamh0me
Let’s hope work will happen soon. I am happy with January!!

Agree dreamh0me. Will keep you posted on the progress.

Have you started looking at landscapers etc.?
dreamh0me
voz
winto_04

Sorry to hear @winto_04,

Jemena have actually tried to speed things up, although their communication is rubbish! They are supposed to be coming tomorrow morning - fingers crossed!
Energy Australia screwed up big time and had no authority to fix the issue.

dreamh0me
voz
winto_04

Sorry to hear @winto_04,

Jemena have actually tried to speed things up, although their communication is rubbish! They are supposed to be coming tomorrow morning - fingers crossed!
Energy Australia screwed up big time and had no authority to fix the issue.

Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum