Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 745 of 828
becks81
How is everyone progressing?

Hi becks81 - our stairs was installed last week. Our weekly update calls from SS are on Fridays so we're expecting him to say architraves and skirting was done this week when he calls today! I think the garage door may have been installed too. We only get to see the house on the weekends now.. We are probably a week or two away from lockup!

How are you travelling along?
ASJ1981
becks81

Hi becks81 - our stairs was installed last week. Our weekly update calls from SS are on Fridays so we're expecting him to say architraves and skirting was done this week when he calls today! I think the garage door may have been installed too. We only get to see the house on the weekends now.. We are probably a week or two away from lockup!

ASJ1981. You are few steps ahead of me. Just had my roof and eaves completed. Cladding to be completed today. Gyprock is planned for end of the month or early September
becks81

We had our kitchen and joinery started install this week as well as underfloor heating in upstairs bathrooms. Upstairs wet area tiles start next week

Manhattan52
becks81

We had our kitchen and joinery started install this week as well as underfloor heating in upstairs bathrooms. Upstairs wet area tiles start next week

G'day.

That's some beautiful cabinetry.

Could you please share some of the details.

Colours, materials, and maybe a guideline of the outlay to step this house up a notch.

One of the pics you shared was a wall of colour board. What is that and where in your home?

Thanks

Darren.
BigD
Manhattan52
becks81

G'day.

That's some beautiful cabinetry.

Could you please share some of the details.

Colours, materials, and maybe a guideline of the outlay to step this house up a notch.

One of the pics you shared was a wall of colour board. What is that and where in your home?

Thanks

Darren.

all the cabinetry is Polytec Nataio Walnut from and Dulux Domino in the 2 pac. The wall of Nataio Walnut is in the study and is a built in wardrobe with hanging space in the top half and where you see the shadow lines in the bottom third is drawers. I did this so the room can be used as either a study or a bedroom.

I have the joinery built in each room in the same materials it brings the house together aesthetically and also less furniture to buy.
There is a lot more to go but am guessing they may do that next week
manhattan52 Looks fantastic! Love it
Femstar
ASJ1981
becks81

ASJ1981. You are few steps ahead of me. Just had my roof and eaves completed. Cladding to be completed today. Gyprock is planned for end of the month or early September

At this stage at the moment.
Femstar Looks huge!
Hi, my first time posting here but long time lurking... so hello

I am build an ambassador 36 with Wisdom and nauseatingly have 4 full bathrooms to decide tiles, fittings etc for.. TBH I am overwhelmed and scared I will select things in a panic and regret later.

Could you please share your beautiful bathroom pics so I can get an idea of what's possible? I am up to selections but I am having a very hard time visualising what they will look like.

A few questions:
1. Should I use same tiles / vanity and accent tiles so its cohesive?
2. Or should I change them up a little with each bathroom?

Like most home builders at the moment I am leaning more towards white / black / grey colour scheme.

Please help!
Amby
Ambassador36

I am build an ambassador 36 with Wisdom and nauseatingly have 4 full bathrooms to decide tiles, fittings etc for.. TBH I am overwhelmed and scared I will select things in a panic and regret later.

Could you please share your beautiful bathroom pics so I can get an idea of what's possible? I am up to selections but I am having a very hard time visualising what they will look like.

A few questions:

Like most home builders at the moment I am leaning more towards white / black / grey colour scheme.

Please help!
Amby

Have you gone to the display homes? That may help you greatly as they have different things in each bathroom to show you ideas.

Personally I tend to use the same in each bathroom but a lot of people do like to mix it up. There is no wrong or right as both ways work. Just make sure you have a common theme with each of them. For example - if you want black taps then use the everywhere. You may wish to use the same vanity but different tiles. Have you been to Canvas Quarter for a look?

if you feel a bit lost grab some magazines or google some bathroom pics and take the reference pictures to your Canvas Quarter appointment to help your consultant understand what it is you like and they will also be able to guide you.
Manhattan52
Ambassador36

A few questions:

Please help!
Amby

Have you gone to the display homes? That may help you greatly as they have different things in each bathroom to show you ideas.

Personally I tend to use the same in each bathroom but a lot of people do like to mix it up. There is no wrong or right as both ways work. Just make sure you have a common theme with each of them. For example - if you want black taps then use the everywhere. You may wish to use the same vanity but different tiles. Have you been to Canvas Quarter for a look?

if you feel a bit lost grab some magazines or google some bathroom pics and take the reference pictures to your Canvas Quarter appointment to help your consultant understand what it is you like and they will also be able to guide you.

Hi Manhattan52

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have been through every one within a 50km radius, lol.

None of them feel "quite right".

I am thinking of mixing up tiles only, the vanity, benchtop and tapware to be a common theme.

Canvas quarter is great but I tend to leave with a totally different opinion the 2 times I have been!

Too many options for undecisive me.

Thanks!
Amby
Better too many options than not enough! Maybe start with your floor tiles and then go from there.

I use X Rock range at Di Lorenzo through out the whole house and external pathways as well as the pool coping with just different colours.

Just to give you an idea my ground floor is the Grey X Rock as well as outside.

My wet floors are the black x rock and the feature in each bathroom is the floor tile runs up one wall. The rest of the walls are white

here is the grey tile

[img:lf3hoeb3]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/80394_1565393647.jpeg[/img:lf3hoeb3]
Manhattan52
Better too many options than not enough! Maybe start with your floor tiles and then go from there.

I use X Rock range at Di Lorenzo through out the whole house and external pathways as well as the pool coping with just different colours.

Just to give you an idea my ground floor is the Grey X Rock as well as outside.

My wet floors are the black x rock and the feature in each bathroom is the floor tile runs up one wall. The rest of the walls are white

here is the grey tile

[img:lf3hoeb3]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/80394_1565393647.jpeg[/img:lf3hoeb3]

Its a lovely large format tile! Thanks for the information
We are behind all of you at this stage but I love hearing about your builds as it gives me something to look forward to.

Asj sounds like you’re so close to lockup. Manhattan52 your joinery looks amazing! We are getting xrock in our en-suite but I can’t see your picture (just text for me). Femstar, your home is huge!

We have had most of the render and external paint and matrix installed, scaffolding has to come down to render one side. Roof, solar panels, parapet capping complete. Lower roofs to come. AC has been roughed in. Electrician and Sentinel will be through next week.
becks81
We are behind all of you at this stage but I love hearing about your builds as it gives me something to look forward to.

Asj sounds like you’re so close to lockup. Manhattan52 your joinery looks amazing! We are getting xrock in our en-suite but I can’t see your picture (just text for me). Femstar, your home is huge!

We have had most of the render and external paint and matrix installed, scaffolding has to come down to render one side. Roof, solar panels, parapet capping complete. Lower roofs to come. AC has been roughed in. Electrician and Sentinel will be through next week.

Becks81, seems we almost at the same stage. AC and Sentinel completed last week. Electrical started already and will finish this week. Not sure of next stage after that. I know gyprock is planned for end of the month.
becks81

Will see if this one works

Exciting times; our build process has just started. The slab pouring completed on the 27th July and external drainage was completed last week.

Can't wait for the frames to go up!!!
Inching closer!

GLO
Inching closer!

Looking very nice GLO. Is this Monte Carlo? What squares? Almost similar to my fascade.
Femstar
GLO
Inching closer!

Looking very nice GLO. Is this Monte Carlo? What squares? Almost similar to my fascade.

Hi,

It’s the Designer (no balcony) fascade on a Manhattan44ensuite with 20sqm balcony off the master at the back.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum