Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 741 of 788
Yesterday was a success.. they managed to remove the old strip footing and take away. They have now changed the engineering of the footing to larger bucket piers which works well. Should be poured Monday then a couple of days to set and the brickies can come back. Plumber needs to remove the storm water and sewerage pipes and re do them as they were only just below ground level once they striped the excess soil back to correct heights
Tom2016
Yesterday was a success.. they managed to remove the old strip footing and take away. They have now changed the engineering of the footing to larger bucket piers which works well. Should be poured Monday then a couple of days to set and the brickies can come back. Plumber needs to remove the storm water and sewerage pipes and re do them as they were only just below ground level once they striped the excess soil back to correct heights

Wowsers. Hopefully it all works well from now on for you. Good luck with the plumbing.

Just a quick question to anyone who used a 600x300 floor tiles, how much did it cost to lay it on a half way or three quarters way...as I know if they lay it side by side there is no cost...Thanks

http://buildingourhumblehome.blogspot.com
Land Deposit - 20.08.2016
Land Registered - 27.09.2016
Land Settlement - 07.11.2016
House Deposit - 27.11.2016
House Contracts - 16.02.2017
House Build Starts - 10.04.2017
Building with Beechwood Homes
tapasr_Lexia4
Just a quick question to anyone who used a 600x300 floor tiles, how much did it cost to lay it on a half way or three quarters way...as I know if they lay it side by side there is no cost..

Cost us about $960. That was the patio, right though house and terreza.

Moscato5
tapasr_Lexia4
Just a quick question to anyone who used a 600x300 floor tiles, how much did it cost to lay it on a half way or three quarters way...as I know if they lay it side by side there is no cost..

Thanks Moscato5. So I'm hoping it's cheaper as we're only tiling the hallway to the living area and the kitchen and laundry.
I contacted Vic Cavassini - the owner of Beechwood and he confirmed that the Heartwood tiles are part of the standard range just he did not confirmed if we can get it from Beaumont Prospect...will try to ask again tomorrow.
Thanks Moscato5 for your response

Moscato5
tapasr_Lexia4

Thanks Moscato5. So I'm hoping it's cheaper as we're only tiling the hallway to the living area and the kitchen and laundry.
I contacted Vic Cavassini - the owner of Beechwood and he confirmed that the Heartwood tiles are part of the standard range just he did not confirmed if we can get it from Beaumont Prospect...will try to ask again tomorrow.

tapasr_Lexia4
Moscato5
tapasr_Lexia4

We got quoted $860 for hallway, kitchen,lounge dinning from south Nowra.
Tom2016
tapasr_Lexia4
Moscato5
[quote="tapasr_Lexia4"]Just a quick question to anyone who used a 600x300 floor tiles, how much did it cost to lay it on a half way or three quarters way...as I know if they lay it side by side there is no cost..

We got quoted $860 for hallway, kitchen,lounge dinning from south Nowra.[/quote]
Either which way it's still going to cost a fair bit....I wonder if it's laid side by side and on top of each other, would our look bad? Just thinking of the cost otherwise wet might just get the big tiles

tapasr_Lexia4
Tom2016
tapasr_Lexia4
[quote="Moscato5"][quote="tapasr_Lexia4"]Just a quick question to anyone who used a 600x300 floor tiles, how much did it cost to lay it on a half way or three quarters way...as I know if they lay it side by side there is no cost..

We got quoted $860 for hallway, kitchen,lounge dinning from south Nowra.[/quote]
Either which way it's still going to cost a fair bit....I wonder if it's laid side by side and on top of each other, would our look bad? Just thinking of the cost otherwise wet might just get the big tiles

Building with Beechwood Homes[/quote]
We are sooo glad we did the 1/3 lay. It was a last minute decision for us and so glad we did.

Moscato5
tapasr_Lexia4
Tom2016
[quote="tapasr_Lexia4"][quote="Moscato5"][quote="tapasr_Lexia4"]Just a quick question to anyone who used a 600x300 floor tiles, how much did it cost to lay it on a half way or three quarters way...as I know if they lay it side by side there is no cost..

We are sooo glad we did the 1/3 lay. It was a last minute decision for us and so glad we did.

[/quote]
do you have any photos mascato5?

Needamoneytree
Moscato5
tapasr_Lexia4
[quote="Tom2016"][quote="tapasr_Lexia4"][quote="Moscato5"][quote="tapasr_Lexia4"]Just a quick question to anyone who used a 600x300 floor tiles, how much did it cost to lay it on a half way or three quarters way...as I know if they lay it side by side there is no cost..

[/quote]
do you have any photos mascato5?

[/quote]
These are the 1/3 lay.

We also have them as feature walls in the bath/ensuite and laundry splashback but they are stacked (normal lay)

Ooo I really like it on the walls

Tapasr if you go to the tile place and tell them you are building with beechwood and ask them to give you a quote they just need your floor plan and it only takes a day or two for them to get back to you with a price they just email it. The sales person told us without even asking about having them laid in 1/3 offset and gave us a rough price on the day, they told us the laundry and patio had to be stacked. Have you had them do a quote for your tile selection yet?
newb
Tapasr if you go to the tile place and tell them you are building with beechwood and ask them to give you a quote they just need your floor plan and it only takes a day or two for them to get back to you with a price they just email it. The sales person told us without even asking about having them laid in 1/3 offset and gave us a rough price on the day, they told us the laundry and patio had to be stacked. Have you had them do a quote for your tile selection yet?

Our patio is 1/3 layed. We have different tiles in laundry bath ensuite.

Moscato5
newb

really? we originally asked for it because we wanted it to flow through the house but then when we got the quote they changed it to stacked and said they wouldn't do it 1/3 so we picked something else.
newb
Moscato5
newb

really? we originally asked for it because we wanted it to flow through the house but then when we got the quote they changed it to stacked and said they wouldn't do it 1/3 so we picked something else.
/quote]
Yep sure is. I wonder if its got anything to do with facade. This is the pavillion 3

I love that sooo much! Oh yes that is probably it, ours is a classic façade.
Moscato how do you like the house now you have been in for a while? we are building the same house
newb

Not yet newb. Beechwood said Beaumont will call us for our tile appointment nearest to when they need to lay the tiles. I will try to email them soon just to see how much it would cost. Thanks for the insight newb. Electrical appointment this coming Thurs.

We thought you had to know your tile selections for the colours appointment so we had been into Beaumont and made our choices before then, it wasn't until we were at colours they told us we didn't have to decide yet lol. Good luck for your electrical appointment im finding that the hardest thing to finalise.
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum