Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New here we are building the Doulton 56 with extension

Page 75 of 77
HoneyDee
Doulton777
Got my cupboard installed from ikea. Took 9 hours too install. It also includes a hamper. Before and after shots.

Love your wardrobe
looks fab
I am a big fan of IKEA. Got a couple of things from there and was very satisfied. They are value for money.
Did you choose individual pieces & then fit them in your space?
Our build just started, slab got poured today.
My thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=92532&p=1831688#p1831688

Thank you. Yeah I just got different sizes of cupboards to fit my space. There’s so much cupboards it’s awesome. Ikea is great for things like that. I have heard people get kitchen through them. And they love them.

Congrats on your slab. Where are you building?

Doulton777
HoneyDee
Doulton777
Got my cupboard installed from ikea. Took 9 hours too install. It also includes a hamper. Before and after shots.

Love your wardrobe
looks fab
I am a big fan of IKEA. Got a couple of things from there and was very satisfied. They are value for money.
My thread:

Thank you. Yeah I just got different sizes of cupboards to fit my space. There’s so much cupboards it’s awesome. Ikea is great for things like that. I have heard people get kitchen through them. And they love them.

Ours is a Knock Down rebuild in the SE suburbs
HoneyDee
Doulton777
HoneyDee
[quote="Doulton777"]Got my cupboard installed from ikea. Took 9 hours too install. It also includes a hamper. Before and after shots.

Love your wardrobe
looks fab
My thread:

Ours is a Knock Down rebuild in the SE suburbs[/quote]

Have you started your own thread yet? That might be an idea. So we can follow your build?

Hi Doulton777

I did post my thread in my reply above 👆🏼 Here is it again
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=92532

Where did you build? New Estate or KDR?
Doulton777
HGMbuild
Doulton777

Love it, just saw it on Facebook too, it looks fab, well done!

Thank you
. Yeah I posted it in a few places. To give others ideas so they don’t go and pay a fortune to get just average ones installed. It’s so worth it

Wow looks amazing can I ask if u took something standard or could choose your size and hence custom make it to order? I have been to Ikea and they said they have standard sizes so was wondering how u got around that?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Hi Doulton
Could you please post a close up pic of your rangehood. We have 2.7m ceilings n removed bulkhead in kitchen so could have extra tall cabinets n hubby said that from the outside it appears there is a join in the rangehood tall part to reach the ceiling. So like 2 rectangle boxes placed 1 on top of the other to reach the ceiling. We will ask to take a closer look before handover. Thanks

I still can't work out how you got it for the price you did... We got quoted nearly 8k for a smaller wardrobe that's simpler in layout

excited_builders
Hi Doulton
Could you please post a close up pic of your rangehood. We have 2.7m ceilings n removed bulkhead in kitchen so could have extra tall cabinets n hubby said that from the outside it appears there is a join in the rangehood tall part to reach the ceiling. So like 2 rectangle boxes placed 1 on top of the other to reach the ceiling. We will ask to take a closer look before handover. Thanks

Sorry just seen this now

excited_builders
Doulton777
HGMbuild
[quote="Doulton777"]Got my cupboard installed from ikea. Took 9 hours too install. It also includes a hamper. Before and after shots.

Love it, just saw it on Facebook too, it looks fab, well done!

Thank you
. Yeah I posted it in a few places. To give others ideas so they don’t go and pay a fortune to get just average ones installed. It’s so worth it

Wow looks amazing can I ask if u took something standard or could choose your size and hence custom make it to order? I have been to Ikea and they said they have standard sizes so was wondering how u got around that?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t[/quote]

Thanks. Now it was their standard sizes. Just got them too put it all in with the measurements we gave them. On their website

HoneyDee
Hi Doulton777

I did post my thread in my reply above
Here is it again
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=92532

Where did you build? New Estate or KDR?

I will be following your progress

excited_builders
Hi Doulton

Ours has the join in it too. It doesn’t stand out too much so it doesn’t bother me.

Drew01
I still can't work out how you got it for the price you did... We got quoted nearly 8k for a smaller wardrobe that's simpler in layout

How was that from ikea? It’s all standard sizes we got too.

Ok so I been bugging hubby for ages about under the stairs getting messy. So he ended up finally doing this for our networking.

Doulton777
Drew01

It's completely disparate isn't it?

Doulton777
Ok so I been bugging hubby for ages about under the stairs getting messy. So he ended up finally doing this for our networking.

I'm in the IT game, and used to be a cabler, and can tell you that ours will look nowhere near that tidy!!!

Drew01
Doulton777

I'm in the IT game, and used to be a cabler, and can tell you that ours will look nowhere near that tidy!!!

Hubby knew that it had to be tidy or else he would be out
so he spent a few hours making it all work.

Drew01
Doulton777
Drew01

Yeah I don’t know why. Where did you go? Did you try designing it online?

Doulton777
Drew01
Doulton777
[quote="Drew01"]I still can't work out how you got it for the price you did... We got quoted nearly 8k for a smaller wardrobe that's simpler in layout

[/quote]IKEA Springvale... Tried it online and in-store... Got us beat

Drew01
Doulton777
Drew01
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="Drew01"]I still can't work out how you got it for the price you did... We got quoted nearly 8k for a smaller wardrobe that's simpler in layout

[/quote]IKEA Springvale... Tried it online and in-store... Got us beat

[/quote]

That doesn’t make sense. Do you have a pic of your wardrobe?

It's a standard, 4.6m sliding door covered wardrobe, which is why we don't get it

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum