Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 75 of 862
lastone
Quick question - I'm preparing a list of possible extras for the tender appointment and can't see if PD provide towel rails. It's a Lifestyle home under the "Complete" promotion.

And my husband is after porcelain tiles too so I'll pass on the comments.

PD do not provide towel rails nor toilet roll holders. I just had my colour selections and there were none to chose as an upgrade as well.
Didn't even think of toilet roll holders - thanks for the tip!
Hi everyone,

We signed the contract last week and was told that we have 5 days cooling off period and in these 5 days we can make cosmetic changes which will be post contract variations.

I was fine with all that but I would like to know what happens when you email your CSA the list of changes and amendments and she doesn't get back to you until after the cooling off period?

How long should your CSA take to give you the PCV documents after you signed the contract and provide her with the details?

Did anyone face this issue?

rgds
pup
Question to all the PD people who have moved in.. I found this quote on the PD blog "Settlement is considered Stage 6 of your procedure of purchase, and this is the really exciting part as you get to move in just seven days later!"

I don't understand, I thought settlement was Handover where I gave the bank cheque and got the keys... I don't want to wait another 7 days!

Also Jess,

Can you please answer me if the rangehood is ducted into the ceiling or out of the roof? I would think that it would be ducted outside for cleanliness reasons, but I'm thinking I will have to pay someone to do that for me.

Thanks,

Victoria
Victoria_g06
Question to all the PD people who have moved in.. I found this quote on the PD blog "Settlement is considered Stage 6 of your procedure of purchase, and this is the really exciting part as you get to move in just seven days later!"

I don't understand, I thought settlement was Handover where I gave the bank cheque and got the keys... I don't want to wait another 7 days!

Also Jess,

Can you please answer me if the rangehood is ducted into the ceiling or out of the roof? I would think that it would be ducted outside for cleanliness reasons, but I'm thinking I will have to pay someone to do that for me.

Thanks,

Victoria

Hi Vic
I think you get the keys when you hand over final payment,....
puppyso
Hi everyone,

We signed the contract last week and was told that we have 5 days cooling off period and in these 5 days we can make cosmetic changes which will be post contract variations.

I was fine with all that but I would like to know what happens when you email your CSA the list of changes and amendments and she doesn't get back to you until after the cooling off period?

How long should your CSA take to give you the PCV documents after you signed the contract and provide her with the details?

rgds
pup

Just make sure you email her & follow up with phone call to make sure she got it. If you got access to 24/7, send it through 24/7 as well. If necessary send a copy by fax & registered mail as well.

My PCV was done within 48 hours but the CSA acknowledged that she received our request.
Victoria_g06

Also Jess,

Thanks,

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

Yes, on settlement/handover, you give them a bank cheque for final payment & they'll give you the keys. We started to clean the house & move our things on handover date.

I believe the rangehood is ducted to the ceiling, but I could be wrong. Didn't check when I went up to the ceiling to check the insulation.
Thank you all, that makes me feel much better. So I can expect to move in on Handover day (April 11th so far
) YAy!
Thanks to SSAZ and George's.

Finally, we came to an agreement with PD to split the bill, 50-50.
I just don't want this to drag on and give PD any excuses to halt the constructions.

George's
SSAZ
menang
This is an issue for me which had gone on and on for over 2 weeks now! After the site start, I received a letter from PD about building variation (changing from carpet to tiles). PD discovered this error where I wasn't charge for changing to tiles only 4.5 months after I signed the contract and site already started! Besides, post contract variation was signed in Dec for the tiles where the amount was $0.
According to Consumer Affairs site:

You should not have to pay for variations to deal with issues that the builder should have identified before starting work. For example, extra costs to deal with rock, when the builder could have predicted this problem by reviewing the foundation data. 

I had informed PD of what I saw on web site and PD insist that I have to pay for this!

Why should I pay for someone's else mistake??

Hi Menang, did the change from carpet to tiles included/stated in the signed building contract? If it does then I don't think PD has a legal ground to ask you to pay.

& as it has been included in PCV as $NIL then you shouldn't have to pay for it. It's a legal document signed by both parties.

Menang,
i am in the opposite situation where PD have advised that the Contract is the overriding document, in addition to PCV's and as a result something I have asked for is not to be done, if you have it in your contract or a PCV they are legally bound to honour it. I think there are many examples where it isn't in the contract or a PCV so PD cannot have it both ways IMHO.

Keep on them about this.
Menang,
a good outcome, sometimes a potential delay just wears you down. We haven't even started bricking yet and I'm all worn out

We are still waiting for our "PCV's" for items we listed in December. Another site visit and another issue not fixed

Let's hope all looks up for you from here
lastone
Didn't even think of toilet roll holders - thanks for the tip!

Ask your SS if you can install timbers where they are going to go, will save you from pulling it ut of the wall in a few months or years time
Victoria_g06

Also Jess,

Thanks,

Victoria

Hi Vic,

We asked our CSC at tender to make sure the rangehood vents out to the open rather than in the roof space as i read somewhere on here that someone had an issue with this. I too think it is more for cleanliness (As well as not wanting the house to smell of food!). Mind you, as we have a double storey, venting after handover would be an issue for us. They changed it on the plan no worries, so i don't think it would be too much of an issue, especiallly if you are building a single storey. Talk to your CSC and SS about it...

Cheers,

Mel
SSAZ
puppyso
Hi everyone,

rgds
pup

Just make sure you email her & follow up with phone call to make sure she got it. If you got access to 24/7, send it through 24/7 as well. If necessary send a copy by fax & registered mail as well.

My PCV was done within 48 hours but the CSA acknowledged that she received our request.

Hi SSAZZ,

Thanks for the advice, I have left her a message yesterday because she left the office before 4:30pm and also today because she is not in. My CSA is very nice the only problem is replying emails. She takes at least minimum 3 days to get back to me.

I have also pm Jess on the matter yesterday, hopefully she can help me with this issue today.

my 24/7 login and password doesn't seem to work and I have already emailed my CSA about that still waiting for a reply.

Beginning to think signing the contract was a mistake, should have arranged another appointment to get the PCV items included.

rgds
puppyso
SSAZ
puppyso
Hi everyone,

rgds
pup

Hi SSAZZ,

Thanks for the advice, I have left her a message yesterday because she left the office before 4:30pm and also today because she is not in. My CSA is very nice the only problem is replying emails. She takes at least minimum 3 days to get back to me.

I have also pm Jess on the matter yesterday, hopefully she can help me with this issue today.

my 24/7 login and password doesn't seem to work and I have already emailed my CSA about that still waiting for a reply.

Beginning to think signing the contract was a mistake, should have arranged another appointment to get the PCV items included.

rgds

Hi Pup,

The 24/7 site can be case sensitive, i had trouble at first too. don't use capitals and see how it goes.

If you have notified your CSC in writing within the 5 days, you shouldn't have any problems.

AT contract there were a number of items that we had raised at tender that didn't make it across correctly to the contract stage and these had to be done as PCV's (!?!) as clarifications and i received the PCV doc just over a week later.

Mel

My PCV was done within 48 hours but the CSA acknowledged that she received our request.[/quote]

Hi SSAZZ,

rgds[/quote]

Hi Pup,

The 24/7 site can be case sensitive, i had trouble at first too. don't use capitals and see how it goes.

If you have notified your CSC in writing within the 5 days, you shouldn't have any problems.

AT contract there were a number of items that we had raised at tender that didn't make it across correctly to the contract stage and these had to be done as PCV's (!?!) as clarifications and i received the PCV doc just over a week later.

Mel[/quote]

Hi Mel,
I just tried the 24/7 again without using capitals but it still doesn't work
, just have to wait for my CSA to give me another login & password.

Thanks for the info about your PCV doc, it makes me feel a lot better. I really did not want my PCV items to incur the 25% overhead charges. My CSA should have at least emailed me back confirming she received all my emails because I did send her 4 emails on the subject.

Also regarding the range hood vent, I asked our sales and he said because its a dbl storey the vent should be vented outside and not between the roof space. On our waldorf plan it just says vent for range hood, it doesn't say vent between roof space so I assume its vented outside?

bst rgds
pup
puppyso

Hi SSAZZ,

rgds[/quote]

Hi Pup,

Mel[/quote]

Hi Mel,
I just tried the 24/7 again without using capitals but it still doesn't work
, just have to wait for my CSA to give me another login & password.

Thanks for the info about your PCV doc, it makes me feel a lot better. I really did not want my PCV items to incur the 25% overhead charges. My CSA should have at least emailed me back confirming she received all my emails because I did send her 4 emails on the subject.

Also regarding the range hood vent, I asked our sales and he said because its a dbl storey the vent should be vented outside and not between the roof space. On our waldorf plan it just says vent for range hood, it doesn't say vent between roof space so I assume its vented outside?

bst rgds
pup[/quote]

Hi Pup
we were told told there was a vent and there was one = what you should be asking is "Is there a tube carrying the exhaust out to the outside of the house ' cause in ours there was a vent but no tube - so as such all the exhaust would be caputured b/w the bottom floor ceiling and the top floor flooring...

just make sure
Hi Pup,

As FC said, make sure you ask the right question. I think it might have been FC's threads that made me make sure to ask my CSC about the rangehood venting to external. CSC had to go and ask the question and then made a clarification note on our contract stating that the vent is to be external, so to me that says it is not a standard practice.

It's not too late, i wouldn't think, to add this as a PCV. It's not a major structural change and i'm sure it would't cost to change this? but just be sure to ask.

One thing i am learning is don't assume things will be a certain way. I might be a dill in asking 20 questions for one thing but it's putting my mind at ease that i am getting what i want.

Cheers,
M
MelNRob
Hi Pup,

As FC said, make sure you ask the right question. I think it might have been FC's threads that made me make sure to ask my CSC about the rangehood venting to external. CSC had to go and ask the question and then made a clarification note on our contract stating that the vent is to be external, so to me that says it is not a standard practice.

It's not too late, i wouldn't think, to add this as a PCV. It's not a major structural change and i'm sure it would't cost to change this? but just be sure to ask.

One thing i am learning is don't assume things will be a certain way. I might be a dill in asking 20 questions for one thing but it's putting my mind at ease that i am getting what i want.

Cheers,
M

Hi Mel & Fingers Crossed

I have just emailed my CSA to add range hood vent , to be vented externally and not between the ground floor & 1st floor space on the PCV document.

thanks for the advice!
Hi Jess,

I just want to clarify with you if PVC items will be honored as part of the contract or they are legally not binding?

I signed the contract because I was told that PVC items will be apart of the contract and overrides items in the contract.

Can you please reconfirm this as I have read different stories in regards to PCV items not being carried out during construction as it was not included in the contract.

tks
pup
Victoria_g06

Also Jess,

Thanks,

Victoria

Hi Victoria,

As MelNRob suggested, it's best to discuss your options with your CSA & SS, they'll be able to help you out & advise you on what's possible in regards to your particular build. Let me know how you go
Cheers, Jess.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum