Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 739 of 828
Hi Guys!

We have our walk through next week and i was wondering if anyone has any advice/checklists or things to look out for during the walk through? Also how long roughly do we have? Is it till we are finished or do we have a certain time to do it in?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
D
Hi all,

We are going to sign contract with wisdom soon. What are the upgrades i need to consider?
What ceiling height i can go for the first floor?

Thanks!

Cheers
R
Remember to get the tap in the kitchen for the plumbed fridge
Manhattan52
Magnus
ASJ1981
Hi guys, we are well into our build now - pre lining stage is probably in the next 2 weeks or so. Just wondering has anyone added something into their Electricals at this stage of their build? We have a provision in our Electrical Plan for a "future pendant light" in the stairs. I see the pendants i like on their Beacon Lighting list. I'm wondering if it's too late to add this... I would rather get it done with Wisdom now as it's one less thing i need to think about after handover since im getting that exact light anyway.

Edited to add: i know they'll probably charge a Building Variation Fee for this right? Which makes the whole thing more expensive anyway

We did lots of changes to the electricals and also added solar and Tesla batteries etc. This caused the whole project to go on hold which is not ideal and we also have to pay a variation fee, think it’s around $1,500. If you’re going to make changes you might as well change a lot of things at the same time to get the most out of the variation fees. Cheers

Magnus. Where are you up to and how long did they stop for?

Project is on hold and have been over the last 3 weeks. They’re putting solar up week commencing 24th then electricals and gyprock. Cutting it tight for an Xmas handover now. 😩 hopefully things will go quickly from here. How’s your build going?
Magnus
Lower roof got finished last week I think. Not quite sure. Electrical starting next week.. gyprock was meant to start 24th but has been pushed back. Is frustrating when you see your site closed so many days especially when it’s good weather.
Manhattan52
@Magnus
Lower roof got finished last week I think. Not quite sure. Electrical starting next week.. gyprock was meant to start 24th but has been pushed back. Is frustrating when you see your site closed so many days especially when it’s good weather.

I know, really frustrating. Not to mention the costs of having to pay rent while building 😩
Fingers crossed we’ll see some quick progress over the next couple months.
ad2016
Hi all,

We are going to sign contract with wisdom soon. What are the upgrades i need to consider?

Thanks!

Cheers
R

ad2016 Somethings i would suggest
add provisional for - basix, electrical, Aircon, kitchen & leisure vanity, sink under mount upgrade (if not included), additional site cost if the lot was not accessible at siting stage.

Upgrades - square set windows, additional gas point aflresco, may be drain in alfresco in you want to setup like a bbq with sink, smart tile waste, add shower in powder, bathroom floor to ceiling tile, niche for bath tub, water point to fridge space

finalise all changes to structure of home like floor plan, facade, doors/ windows width/height..doing these after tender might attract additional admin fee
Can anyone tell me the timeframe from scraping onsite to brickwork beginning? I’m importing bricks and want to make sure I have enough time.
ad2016
Hi all,

Thanks!

Cheers
R

3 phase power supply.
ad2016
Hi all,

Thanks!

Cheers
R

It all depends on the package you are signing up for which might include most upgrade you may want. You can also consider extending some of the rooms if need be. Make sure you have include allowance for major things such as electrical, kitchen, flooring, etc. maybe landscaping too.
Not sure if it worth the upgrade.

The wireless part can be installed post handover.

You can then link it with smart sensors and programming.

No need to really use the step down.

All or nothing. Controlled by the sensors and the wireless control.

I think from memory the wireless module with installation was around 550?

There's some security issues that are documented which is why it's possible.

Later on, get a tesla battery and solar to reduce long term costs of heating.

PeterJess
a few things to keep in mind as well. The ESP plus can step down the output so in theory can reduce the amount of electricity used. However, in order for it to step down it need to detect the room temp accurately.

If you are having a controller(which contains the temp sensor) upstairs in the gallery, it will detect the temperature of the gallery but not the rooms, unless you leave all the room doors open. as an example, if you sleep in the main room and that's the only room you turn your aircon on (based on the zoning), having the controller out in the Gallery will detect a different temperature.

We asked around because we were curious how the aircon can detect the right temp to step down the power as marketed and found it can not do this unless there is a sensor in each of the zones. (or you leave all the internal doors open effectively becoming the same zone)

having said that, the esp plus is worth the upgrade. Extra zones and also the wifi module as standard.
ad2016
Hi all,

Thanks!

Cheers
R

We went with 2740 downstairs and 2590 upstairs (and square set cornice) which i'm very happy with. I think people have gone higher but this was the max we could go due to council height restrictions (we had a raised slab).

other upgrades which people have mentioned:
- water point fridge
- smart waste tiles
- carpet underlay upgrade
- additional lights/powerpoints (~5k)
- larger garage (at least 6x6 for 2 car garage minimum)
- under stair storage
- kitchen upgrades (~10-15k)
- full height tiles bathrooms (and tile upgrades) - (~10-15k)
- translucent windows - for those who like privacy. We got our kitchen splash back frosted after handover but would have gone frosted if I had thought about it.
- soundproofing - we just did between bedrooms. Don't regret not doing between floors.
- Aircon - only did additional controller upstairs and wifi with a couple of slim vents. I really couldn't see an ROI with upgrading.
ad2016
Hi all,

Thanks!

Cheers
R

You will need to have all your structural design finalised otherwise Wisdom will charge you a Post Contract Variation Fee. I would recommend your ask them what they consider as structural as we didnt realise that rendering was consider structural and and almost got charged the fee. We didnt really have any discussion on the facade changes until we got our plans at contract stage and the facade image in the brochures/online was very different to the standard design in the plans. For the lack of discussion or it being raised we assumed we would discuss this during our colours appointments.
Hi guys, where can i find how many weeks are build is contracted to? I feel like ive just gone crossed eye goign over the contract to find this!
Ninsta
Hi guys, where can i find how many weeks are build is contracted to? I feel like ive just gone crossed eye goign over the contract to find this!

Should be on your tender
Ninsta

Contract may have changed, but ours was in schedule 1, item 6 - "building period" - one of the first pages of the contract
jqcc0
Ninsta

Contract may have changed, but ours was in schedule 1, item 6 - "building period" - one of the first pages of the contract

Just found it, thank you! 38 weeks, damn I was hoping it was shorter.
They all used to be 30 weeks but mine is 40 weeks for a Manhattan44ens.

Im in Week 29 now and tracking nicely.
Yara
Remember to get the tap in the kitchen for the plumbed fridget

thanks yara, noted
At what point does the contracted build period officially start?
I know I've seen it here before but can't track it down. Also being a bit lazy...
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum