Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 733 of 828
MandM+4
jqcc0
Thanks Salfield, I raised the move request with Telstra and had told them it would require an NBN technician as it was a new build which they then organised but it seems that somewhere along the line someone decided that it didn't nee the technician and canceled the job so I'll be waiting another 10 days or so until the next NBN technician is available.

I'm really struggling to see what the $990 Wisdom cost is for the NBN connection. As far as I can tell this covers the conduit to the house (which used to be free when it was just called a phone line) and a couple of data ports so seems a bit over the top given they don't even organise the connection with NBN co and I will need to cover the cost myself when they finally do come out.

We are also still waiting for NBN to come out and look at the line running across our driveway and until this is done it can't be completed (and I can't move ahead with landscaping either) so all very frustrating at the moment. NBN wouldn't give me an update because I wasn't the person who raised the job. I was hoping to grab the technician when he came out for the internet to get this sorted as well as i'm sure they aren't aware there are 2 jobs logged for the same property.

House is good, just lots of little annoying things now like the front door key not working (after having to drive an hour each way to the office to get the keys rather than our SS just giving them to us), a garage full of bricks which for some reason got taken off pallets and stacked in the garage rather than just being taken away (guys turned up on Monday to get them and decided it was too hard so left them) and a Microwave unit which is about 20cm too small and doesn't actually fit the microwave so hopefully we won't need to rip the kitchen out just to fix that.

Sell the bricks.
We sold ours on marketplace for a few hundred, easily.
I agree the NBN provisioning is a rip off.
Enjoy your new home

Isnt the ILVE microwave and and facia part of your upgrade package?
MandM+4
Sell the bricks.
Enjoy your new home

Thanks, definately enjoing the new place, just having a vent

we have just spent the last few months dealing with the great unwashed selling off a whole bunch of stuff we didn't want to move so just over this at the moment. It could have been resolved months ago if we had been asked if we wanted the bricks, I think there was just an assumption that we would want them and it would have taken ages for them to unload 3 pallets and stack them in the Garage so really just a waste of everyones time.
GLO

Yes, it is part of the package so you would think it would be pretty standard for the kitchen company to build the right size cavity. I think they inverted the depth and the height measurements. Luckily we kept hold of our old microwave just in case but hopefully they can find a solution which doesn't involve major work.
jqcc0
MandM+4
Sell the bricks.
Enjoy your new home

we have just spent the last few months dealing with the great unwashed selling off a whole bunch of stuff we didn't want to move so just over this at the moment. It could have been resolved months ago if we had been asked if we wanted the bricks, I think there was just an assumption that we would want them and it would have taken ages for them to unload 3 pallets and stack them in the Garage so really just a waste of everyones time.

I know the feeling but the bricks cost about $600 a pallet so it’s not small change we’re talking about

MandM+4
jqcc0

I know the feeling but the bricks cost about $600 a pallet so it’s not small change we’re talking about

Honestly I feel if I had shown interest in the bricks they would have wanted to charge me for them - we originally had brick edging in the landscaping quote and there was no mention of reusing the leftover bricks and the price didn't indicate this so perhaps somethig to take on board for those earlier in the process. I had searched the forum to see if we owned them and it seemed like the consensus was that they remain the property of the builder so I just assumed they would be taken away like eveything else there is excess of.
jqcc0
GLO

Yes, it is part of the package so you would think it would be pretty standard for the kitchen company to build the right size cavity. I think they inverted the depth and the height measurements. Luckily we kept hold of our old microwave just in case but hopefully they can find a solution which doesn't involve major work.

All cavities should be standard 600mm wide.

Depth usually isn’t the problem. And height changes but never with the matching facia.

What has Wisdom said?
GLO
jqcc0

Depth usually isn’t the problem. And height changes but never with the matching facia.

What has Wisdom said?

Wisdom are onto it and Timpelle is coming out next week to have a look so i'm sure it will get sorted. The height is the problem as it is much smaller than the 380 required. The width is around 595 so that should be ok.

jqcc0
GLO
jqcc0

What has Wisdom said?

Wisdom are onto it and Timpelle is coming out next week to have a look so i'm sure it will get sorted. The height is the problem as it is much smaller than the 380 required. The width is around 595 so that should be ok.

The facia actually sits outside of the cavity, in he same fashion you oven sits forward
They should have installed all of this for you
GLO
They should have installed all of this for you

I can't be too critical on wisdom for this as we has to get out of our rental and they really stepped up to help get us into the house which I really appreciate but this meant that they didn;t have time to fix little things like this. I didn't have to install in myself and they ahve arranged for Timpell to come out and sort it.
During construction, if there is damage to neighbours vehicular crossing as a result of Wisdom’s trucks going over it, whose responsible to fix it?
For those enjoying their new home and submitted a 90 day Maintenance List to W, how long did it take for Maintenance to contact you to arrange to come out to fix the items listed? We submitted over 2 months ago and are still waiting to hear back.
amf139
For those enjoying their new home and submitted a 90 day Maintenance List to W, how long did it take for Maintenance to contact you to arrange to come out to fix the items listed? We submitted over 2 months ago and are still waiting to hear back.

Chase them up. They didn’t come to us until we did.

amf139

Looks like Wisdom have been going through the end to end process making improvements, so it sounds like maintenance is now where the bottleneck is. Hopefully they get on top of it soon.
Salfield
[quote="jqcc0":3ctp8esp]We got the Keys last Friday and have been busy moving in (well, the front door keys don't actually work but we can get in through the Garage and laundry).

Having some issues with getting the internet connected so was just hoping that someone here would be able to clarify. Just doing the dance with Telstra and the NBN who are blaming each other.

Working backwards I have the router located in the pantry. I am assuming the phone line comes from the garage into it and then 3 data cables going to other areas of the house.

[img:3ctp8esp]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/81241_1557905522.JPG[/img:3ctp8esp]

The inside of the Garage looks like this. I'm assuming that the top plate takes the connection from the outside to the pantry but not really sure why there are additional connections below it (phone and data) - perhaps if we had Fiber to the Premise but we only have it to the Node.
[img:3ctp8esp]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/81241_1557905533.JPG[/img:3ctp8esp]

The outside of the house looks like this. Apparently the NBN closed the job saying that they had completed the connection to the house. i'm assuming the connection should be coming up through the conduit and be connected to the loose wire.
[img:3ctp8esp]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/81241_1557905556.JPG[/img:3ctp8esp]

Can anyone shed any light on this?[/quote:3ctp8esp]

Looking at your last photo it would appear that you are not connected to the street/node. Your ISP should have organised with nbn co. to connect the cable through conduit that the builder installed. A small box also gets put on the side of your house. I had this very conversation with my ISP today.
My setup after that will be connection inside garage from nbn box to nbn compatible modem/router. Modem will then be connected to a switch or hub which will then be connected to our data points which terminate in the Garage. This should activate the data points throughout the house. Then I will connect a new netgear Orbi to one of the data points for wireless coverage. Well that’s the plan anyway.[/quote]
That's how mine worked as well. Wisdom put conduit to side of house then Telstra come install the box to side of the house and connect conduit to wall plate in garage. Modem will plug into that via Ethernet cable and then i put my wireless router in my office where the ports are linked. I had another issue though which was that the conduit was not connected to the Telstra main on the street because my land was on a subdivided block so nbn had to come first and connect that to the main and then Telstra came back to do the install of the box outside the side of the house

jqcc0
Thanks Salfield, I raised the move request with Telstra and had told them it would require an NBN technician as it was a new build which they then organised but it seems that somewhere along the line someone decided that it didn't nee the technician and canceled the job so I'll be waiting another 10 days or so until the next NBN technician is available.

I'm really struggling to see what the $990 Wisdom cost is for the NBN connection. As far as I can tell this covers the conduit to the house (which used to be free when it was just called a phone line) and a couple of data ports so seems a bit over the top given they don't even organise the connection with NBN co and I will need to cover the cost myself when they finally do come out.

We are also still waiting for NBN to come out and look at the line running across our driveway and until this is done it can't be completed (and I can't move ahead with landscaping either) so all very frustrating at the moment. NBN wouldn't give me an update because I wasn't the person who raised the job. I was hoping to grab the technician when he came out for the internet to get this sorted as well as i'm sure they aren't aware there are 2 jobs logged for the same property.

House is good, just lots of little annoying things now like the front door key not working (after having to drive an hour each way to the office to get the keys rather than our SS just giving them to us), a garage full of bricks which for some reason got taken off pallets and stacked in the garage rather than just being taken away (guys turned up on Monday to get them and decided it was too hard so left them) and a Microwave unit which is about 20cm too small and doesn't actually fit the microwave so hopefully we won't need to rip the kitchen out just to fix that.
Seems you have the same issue as me. Telstra came, couldn't do it. Nbn came and connected to main then telstra came back. Luckily throughout all this stuff around, Telstra must have made a mistake with billing due to this and I haven't had to pay a bill and I'm 5 months in so can't complain.

Telstra and nbn didn't charge me though for any of the initial setup so hopefully you don't have to pay any extra

amf139
It's a really long wait. I submitted 2 months back and they called a couple weeks ago to say there's a massive backlog and will be another 6 week's or so before they can start.. I expect it to be a long while

doosra
amf139
It's a really long wait. I submitted 2 months back and they called a couple weeks ago to say there's a massive backlog and will be another 6 week's or so before they can start.. I expect it to be a long while

Thanks doosra
doosra
amf139

What is on your maintenance list?

One
During construction, if there is damage to neighbours vehicular crossing as a result of Wisdom’s trucks going over it, whose responsible to fix it?

I have this issue at the moment with the builder next door to us which is WINCREST. I’m chasing them to fix our drive as I have photos of them continually using our driveway crossover which now has cracks all over it from trucks. They try to ignore me but I’m determined to get it fixed and will continue to chase it. My view is it’s between me and them nothing to do with my neighbour. As I said I’m lucky to have the evidence so if I have to will take it to court.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum