Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 733 of 788
tapasr_Lexia4
Needamoneytree

Finally found a kitchen we both agree on.
Splash back
Door profile
Bench tops
Handles
Glass above bench cabinets

Totally getting ahead of our selves seeing as land isn't even registered yet.

Also bought pendent lights for kitchen. When ever I get stressed out about the build I go and buy something for the house. At this rate it will be fully furnished before we start the build

Needamoneytree, that's great and looks nice. Just letting you know though that most of your choices are an upgrade. The only thing that I can see that is on standard is your benchtop so if you upgraded to a stone benchtop then that look would probably be the Snow.
The rest from the handle to the moulded doors to the backsplash will be an upgrade so just prepare to added a few thousand dollars I suppose...
Great choices though

Thanks lovely. Yeah we are expecting a hefty bill when it comes to the kitchen. Door profile and colour are our number one mrT wants the splash back similar as possible to this and is set on pearl white for the colour which I know is going to cost a bomb.

Next is the farm sink and glass cabinets above the bench. Been saving my butt off to get it will have to wait until kitchen appointment to see what exactly happens.

We are looking to take off the waterfall edges from our upgrade package as u find them a bit too modern for my style

Needamoneytree
tapasr_Lexia4
Needamoneytree

Finally found a kitchen we both agree on.
Splash back
Door profile
Bench tops
Handles
Glass above bench cabinets

Totally getting ahead of our selves seeing as land isn't even registered yet.

Also bought pendent lights for kitchen. When ever I get stressed out about the build I go and buy something for the house. At this rate it will be fully furnished before we start the build

Needamoneytree, that's great and looks nice. Just letting you know though that most of your choices are an upgrade. The only thing that I can see that is on standard is your benchtop so if you upgraded to a stone benchtop then that look would probably be the Snow.
The rest from the handle to the moulded doors to the backsplash will be an upgrade so just prepare to added a few thousand dollars I suppose...
Great choices though

Thanks lovely. Yeah we are expecting a hefty bill when it comes to the kitchen. Door profile and colour are our number one mrT wants the splash back similar as possible to this and is set on pearl white for the colour which I know is going to cost a bomb.

Next is the farm sink and glass cabinets above the bench. Been saving my butt off to get it will have to wait until kitchen appointment to see what exactly happens.

We are looking to take off the waterfall edges from our upgrade package as u find them a bit too modern for my style

Looove it NAMT (sorry had to shorten it)... would love to see them all come together....Looove your choices and had we not been on a tight budget, I am sure I will do the same....

Broadynest
I wish this rain would go away, any higher and it will be feeding straight into the gutter and fascia that is meant to be installed this week (weather dependant).

Oh no Broady....praying that this rain will ease for your sake

Moscato5
tapasr_Lexia4
Tom2016
Tap I think it was broadynest who had the heartwood tiles

Thanks Tom...Hope Broady can upload it again for us

They were ours.

Hi Moscato, were you originally supposed to get your tiles at Beaumont Nowra? Are we supposed to only get it where we are. We're here in the south west Sydney and Prospect is where apparently we were suppose to look at tiles. We don't have our tile appt yet but would it be possible for us to request to have our tiles supplied by Nowra?
Has a anyone tried this yet?

tapasr_Lexia4
Moscato5
tapasr_Lexia4
[quote="Tom2016"]Tap I think it was broadynest who had the heartwood tiles

They were ours.

Hi Moscato, were you originally supposed to get your tiles at Beaumont Nowra? Are we supposed to only get it where we are. We're here in the south west Sydney and Prospect is where apparently we were suppose to look at tiles. We don't have our tile appt yet but would it be possible for us to request to have our tiles supplied by Nowra?

[/quote]

We are in Horsley (wollongong area) so we had Beaumont nowra as our tiles place. Even though there is a Beaumont in Wollongong they still use Nowra because of a much wider selection available. I was stunned with what was on offer. I was expecting to walk in a be maybe a few styles in different colours, but no the range down there was huge.

Moscato5
tapasr_Lexia4
Moscato5
[quote="tapasr_Lexia4"][quote="Tom2016"]Tap I think it was broadynest who had the heartwood tiles

They were ours.

[/quote]

We are in Horsley (wollongong area) so we had Beaumont nowra as our tiles place. Even though there is a Beaumont in Wollongong they still use Nowra because of a much wider selection available. I was stunned with what was on offer. I was expecting to walk in a be maybe a few styles in different colours, but no the range down there was huge.

[/quote]
Maybe they may not do it sure to the proximity of our site versus the materials where it's coming from. They might charge us for transportation fee lol...but this will not stop be from asking lol...Thanks Moscato

Moscato5
tapasr_Lexia4
Moscato5
[quote="tapasr_Lexia4"][quote="Tom2016"]Tap I think it was broadynest who had the heartwood tiles

They were ours.

[/quote]

[/quote]
I've been to prospect... we were told we can't use nowra as contracts signed in Sydney can't use south coast suppliers..

Thanks Poppet
but I find it unfair ...Oh well what can we do...Just means that those in the south coast will have a better flooring than us

We chose south cost because they are more county orientated, now I am kinda glad we did for the tiles too. Only positive thing yet.

Moscato5
nataliea
Hi Everyone - haven't logged into here for ages! Our house is going well. Still doing landscaping but its progressing well. Will post some pics when I get a chance.

We just finished our 13 week maintenance period. The only real issue was one of our towel racks was not attached to the gyprock correctly on one side, so after only a few weeks it fell out and there is a hole in the wall.

The other things - they still had not done stuff we picked up at our PCI - cracks in mortar (which they had tagged but still not come back to do). We sill haven't got the front door we paid the upgrade for, and they never gave us a water meter!

Hope everyone's houses/builds are going well.

Still no water meter? We have the same issue. We've been in nearly 3 months and are constantly chasing it.

Beechwood were quick to send me a letter of achknowledgment of the defects and they called me earlier this week to say they were going to speak with the plummers. We did initially contact our local water authority (Hunter Water) and they said it was the builders responsibility
tapasr_Lexia4
Thanks Poppet
but I find it unfair ...Oh well what can we do...Just means that those in the south coast will have a better flooring than us

I know. It's such a massive difference in the end result... I was majorly disappointed in the lack of options in the standard range. I paid for the indulgence package with the understanding the tiles were upgraded but they showed me literally like 3 extra tiles to choose from.

poppet82
tapasr_Lexia4
Thanks Poppet

I know. It's such a massive difference in the end result... I was majorly disappointed in the lack of options in the standard range. I paid for the indulgence package with the understanding the tiles were upgraded but they showed me literally like 3 extra tiles to choose from.

Don't you have the choice to go to another tile shop? I thought the Sydney customers had the choice? I find it strange that the same company has a different standard range. Has anyone actually discussed it with beechwood so see their view or what can be done? I feel for the ones that don't have the ability to use Nowra as we were amazed with the range thinking it was going to be an easy decision until we got there. Must have spent about 12 hours all up with tile selection.
Tom2016
poppet82
tapasr_Lexia4
Thanks Poppet

Don't you have the choice to go to another tile shop? I thought the Sydney customers had the choice? I find it strange that the same company has a different standard range. Has anyone actually discussed it with beechwood so see their view or what can be done? I feel for the ones that don't have the ability to use Nowra as we were amazed with the range thinking it was going to be an easy decision until we got there. Must have spent about 12 hours all up with tile selection.

I will definitely raise this concern to the head office (as I know of someone from there) as I don't see why being the same builder we should have a different standard.
When we had our commencement letter, we also received a letter from the owner of Beechwood.
His letter indicated that should wet have any concern then I should feel free to raise it.
I will let know how it goes

nataliea
Moscato5
nataliea
Hi Everyone - haven't logged into here for ages! Our house is going well. Still doing landscaping but its progressing well. Will post some pics when I get a chance.

We just finished our 13 week maintenance period. The only real issue was one of our towel racks was not attached to the gyprock correctly on one side, so after only a few weeks it fell out and there is a hole in the wall.

The other things - they still had not done stuff we picked up at our PCI - cracks in mortar (which they had tagged but still not come back to do). We sill haven't got the front door we paid the upgrade for, and they never gave us a water meter!

Hope everyone's houses/builds are going well.

Still no water meter? We have the same issue. We've been in nearly 3 months and are constantly chasing it.

Beechwood were quick to send me a letter of achknowledgment of the defects and they called me earlier this week to say they were going to speak with the plummers. We did initially contact our local water authority (Hunter Water) and they said it was the builders responsibility

We handed over a long list today. Lots of little things. Paint touch ups, doors jamming, garage door stopping, paint splatters, downpipes not connected properly at the top, leaking eave resulting in water in the light sensor (which was fixed last thursday now full again), chip in laundry tile, tiles at laundry door not level, crack in toilet, stone benchtop has markings not removed even with proper cleaning stuff from caesarstone, ensuite door has dent in it, vanity door jamming, etc etc
The best one i like is because we have the Heartwood tiles outside, inside and as features in our bathroom/ensuite, one of the tiles used in the ensuite is a textured outdoor tile not gloss indoor. Sounds stupid but although the same tile it really stands out and annoys me real bad. Worst bit for them, about 1inch of it sits under the edge of the mirror. But the mirror is scratched too so thats going to be an interesting fix.

For main flooring 600X600 Porcelain tiles would be a standard range?
Cman
For main flooring 600X600 Porcelain tiles would be a standard range?

No this is not part of the standard range.

The standard range is 450 by 450

The roof, the roof is ……… on

Moscato, your heartwood eucalypt is a 600x300 is that in their standard range in Nowra right

Broadynest

Sooooo happy for you Broady....not too long now

tapasr_Lexia4
Broadynest

Sooooo happy for you Broady....not too long now

And I see that you have a whirly bird too...We have two as well that was added

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum