Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 731 of 788
Tom2016

Looks great. I'm still lost as to why they do the inspections with so many defects. Isn't that what the SS is meant to be doing throughout the build. It seems a common comment with the paint work. Fingers crossed you get the defect sorted quickly and get to move in

I agree. It seems bizarre to present the home like that.
My boss was saying last night maybe the amount of people who are too excited to get their house and don't analyse it so hard make it worth it for them to cut corners
tapasr_Lexia4
Tom2016
Tapasr_lexia4 There was a comment on here a little while ago that someone went to prospect Beaumont and got their tiles from Nowra due to the massive standard range they have. We were amazed at the range in Nowra. Might be worth making the enquiry that if 1 store can do it why carnt you deal with them and get it sent?

Thanks Tom. We are yet to have an appointment with them as that was not done during the colour selection... would someone post that tiles again please..I know i did love that tiles, it has a nice textured look...

My bathroom wall tiles? Classic Carrara Gloss 300×450

Sheridan
Tom2016

Looks great. I'm still lost as to why they do the inspections with so many defects. Isn't that what the SS is meant to be doing throughout the build. It seems a common comment with the paint work. Fingers crossed you get the defect sorted quickly and get to move in

My boss was saying last night maybe the amount of people who are too excited to get their house and don't analyse it so hard make it worth it for them to cut corners
tapasr_Lexia4
Tom2016
Tapasr_lexia4 There was a comment on here a little while ago that someone went to prospect Beaumont and got their tiles from Nowra due to the massive standard range they have. We were amazed at the range in Nowra. Might be worth making the enquiry that if 1 store can do it why carnt you deal with them and get it sent?

Thanks Tom. We are yet to have an appointment with them as that was not done during the colour selection... would someone post that tiles again please..I know i did love that tiles, it has a nice textured look...

Thanks Sheridan, I knew that that the tiles that we picked too...now I know how it looks like on the wall...Thanks for that

Sheridan
Tom2016

tapasr_Lexia4
Tom2016

No Sheridan, it was this nice floor tiles that was posted earlier (can't remember who was it) and everyone liked the tiles even more when he said it's part of Nowra Beaumont's standard range

Tap I think it was broadynest who had the heartwood tiles
Tom2016

Thanks Tom...Hope Broady can upload it again for us

Hmm so the silt fence hasn't stood up to the rain have a massive dirt slick coming from our block out into the water way. Will be interesting to see what happens considering we have a cranky greenie living across the road.
Tom2016
Hmm so the silt fence hasn't stood up to the rain have a massive dirt slick coming from our block out into the water way. Will be interesting to see what happens considering we have a cranky greenie living across the road.

Oh no... Unfortunately rain won't be away for abit more Tom... but hopefully the sun will come out soon so they can get on with their work Tom

More concerned about the pollution of the soil into the water was as it was a condition on the DA consent that had to be managed. The greenie put in a complaint when they left part of the fence open and created issues. Will have to ring them in the morning
Tom2016

yep the heartwood tiles. standard with beechwood south coast

tapasr_Lexia4
Tom2016

They come in 4 shades the heartwood think broadynest was the Eucalyptus.

Tom2016
tapasr_Lexia4
Tom2016

They come in 4 shades the heartwood think broadynest was the Eucalyptus.

Yep, we went with the eucalyptus and eclipse clay for wet areas, as they couldn't guarantee that the wet areas and the main bathroom tiles would line up with grout lines but now I prefer the choice we made with the 300 x 300 eclipse versus the 600 x 300 heartwood and we up graded to tiled floor wastes

Thanks Tom, I am keeping these so when we go for our tiles appointment I will mention this....

Has anyone reading this had their bathrooms waterproofed yet? If you have can you tell or show me a pic of what areas beechwood covered. We went to our house today and happy with the progress but the waterproofing was so very sparse. They havent done the shower wall or the floor. Iam thinking that is it but hoping they come back. I will contact my ss on monday but just wanting feedback from you guys first.

I would think, based on this website, that there needs to be more waterproofing. Perhaps it is happening in stages, as the website suggests should happen?
http://www.build.com.au/bathroom-waterproofing
Grace33
Has anyone reading this had their bathrooms waterproofed yet? If you have can you tell or show me a pic of what areas beechwood covered. We went to our house today and happy with the progress but the waterproofing was so very sparse. They havent done the shower wall or the floor. Iam thinking that is it but hoping they come back. I will contact my ss on monday but just wanting feedback from you guys first.

My husband used to do it for a job, but a long time ago. He said there is different materials which can be used. Older style stuff materials they do the whole room/floor but on a concrete slab there is stuff they use only to do the shower floor and usually about a foot up the wall in the shower and then an angle around the studs around the room floor.. I think what they've done for you..

Broadynest

Hi Broadynest, just curious are all you tile selections considered standard range?

[/quote]

Hi Broadynest, just curious are all you tile selections considered standard range?

[/quote]

Yeah NAMT, they are all standard.

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum