Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Homes - Our dream home journey - Metford 28 Trend

Page 74 of 83
I'd be very surprised if polyurethane kitchen only cost you 3k to upgrade. I think you may have gone to high gloss laminate. Could be wrong.

kaz - site clean this week and flooring was pushed to end of this week from last. Here's hoping for PCI very soon as shower screens done last week and walk-in and robe shelving done yesterday. Only thing after flooring is appliances and wall ding fixes
Ps your facade looks great!
JFN13 definitely poly kitchen, I got high gloss laminate for the vanities in the bathrooms and laundry cupboards @ $400 each to upgrade.

As far as i know you could choose any colour in the taubmans paint range as the cupboards are sprayed.
Brett83
JFN13 definitely poly kitchen, I got high gloss laminate for the vanities in the bathrooms and laundry cupboards @ $400 each to upgrade.

As far as i know you could choose any colour in the taubmans paint range as the cupboards are sprayed.

Hi Brett,

Thanks for that info! hopefully it won't cost us too much to upgrade our kitchen cabinets to poly! Do you remember how much they were charging you per a cabinet/cupboard for the kitchen?
$3K sounds cheap to upgrade to poly. I would expect much more. I seem to remember it was thousands just to go to high gloss laminate. We went satin, with a small upgrade cost.

Nothing much happening at our place. They are painting really slowly. Plasterer has been back.
Tile Direct still hasn't come through with our feature tile. It's been a couple of weeks since they promised it. I'm going to have to call.

Sickness is running through our house at the moment, so I'm probably going to be out of action soon (last one standing!)

one of my upgrade price lists, hopefully helps, maybe rawson have dropped the poly price?
Wow. Great price. Did that include the pantry doors and Island? We did entire kitchen in polytec high gloss ultra white and ours was more.
Kiwifire - good luck with PCI tomorrow. We're going to be expecting a report back!
Thanks Mrs BB, PCI is Thursday but our independent inspection is tomorrow.
Hope it goes well kiwifire!

So site fence has been taken down and portaloo removed. Timber and carpet has now been laid and door handles and robe shelving done last week. PCI on Wednesday. Need to organise my landscaping quick smart!
Good to hear some updates - its been a bit quiet on this thread. How did the inspector inspection go Kiwifire?

JFN - it must look more like a home now. Good luck with PCI.

We have a preliminary PCI on Thursday. They've done all painting (and I still hate the colour), plumbing fit-out and have started electricals. We'll be able to mark up the paintwork on Thursday and point out some of the current issues.
Mrs brown bear congrats on preliminary PCI.

JFN how exciting!!! Good luck with PCI. Not long now till your in your sparkly new house.

Well we had a bumper week last week with the following completed
Plumbing- all taps/ toilets
Internal painting complete
Render completed
Garage door in
Air con fit off.

This week so far we have had external painting completed and electrical fit off. Main floor tiles are also supposed to be done this week.

Still no PCI date but surely it can't be too far off.
I forgot to mention that Tile Direct finally delivered and installed our feature tile. Had to happen eventually!

Kazza, you should be pressing for a date for PCI.

Is anyone packing? We did start, but life got busy and we're not progressed very far. Have an insane amount of stuff.
good luck with prelim PCI tomorrow Mrs BB,

I have started packing, and have most of things packed in my head... i'm a weirdo, I love packing and unpacking.. my wife stays out of it.
We are also handing in notice for the rental we're in tomorrow, and I've already arrange Telstra, NBN and Garbage bins to be delivered just after the 20th.

Found out today after a week of back n forth that Rawson don't do the connection from the Telstra pit to the house... those of you close to PCI / Handover should start arranging this as Telstra have a minimum 2 week lead time ... don't even get me started on Foxtel.

Our Independent inspection went really well, the guy was impressed with the finishes an didn't have to post many dots ... he did however discover under the windows hadn't been sealed (internally... something I wouldn't have checked)

JFN hope your PCI went smoothly today.

am so excited don't think i'll be able to sleep tonight.
Having your own home gives you a feeling of security and fulfillment. It makes you proud and happy even with the trials and challenges that you face along the way. I am still on the process of having my own property where I can live with dignity and respect.

property valuations perth
Thanks Kiwifire hope yours goes well tomorrow.

Was a good walk through and our SS was finding things he wasn't happy with either as we were going through together. Also had a relative who is in the industry go through for an experienced set of eyes. A couple of annoying these like someone stealing one of our outside taps but nothing that can't be fixed/replaced. A few paint fixes and door chips to be looked into also. Wasn't able to test leaks since the water was off due to above so will be sure to check that in the next two weeks.

That said, handover set for Tuesday week. Time to book in comms, landscaping, etc....
Has anyone had any issues with rawson in regards to the $1000 fee in going over the 150 days submission date from tender signed?
Melodynche, we took 10 months in admin due to continual balls ups on Rawson's part. They didn't charge us and I would've liked to see them try as Mr Brown Bear and I were ropable by the time we hit the contract signing. We had to pay an extra $1700 to extend from 120 days to 150 days as we were going through council not CDC. Quite frankly that was enough!
It's so exciting and informative to read through everyone's experiences. We're currently in the demolition stage with Rawson

Noticed that quite afew people on the forums seem to arrange a private inspector. Is it necessary or beneficial for a Rawson build? Is there anyone recommendable? At what stages do people generally get an independent inspection?
Yes mrs brown bear, it's looks like we have to go through council now instead of cdc. But in the tender states that we would be going through cdc. Our land registration was delayed by around 3 weeks but we did advise that at signing the original tender which unfortunatley has not been recorded
We had to go council due to the setback rules. CDC wanted alignment with neighbours and council said 6.5m min. Our neighbours were 10-14m back.

Had mini PCI today. Marked up electrical and got a few other things down. Our SS is pretty awesome so nothing's a drama.
I'll have a handover date by tomorrow.

Better get packing.

So I'm insanely late for work this morning so may be burning the midnight oil tonight.
Related
10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum