Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 727 of 730
sachapman1084
Hey there.. it's been a long time since ive posted, or even looked at this thread.
We're nearing the completion of our Villina Grande build, and everything has been smooth sailing until these last final weeks.. we had PCI 2 weeks ago, supposed to have final expection today, which was cancelled merely an hour ago - which is great when ive taken the day off work and all for it..
but my question is, to those who have completed their build.
What time frame was taken between PCI and final inspection? AND, at what point was your carpet installed?

Cheers..

mine was 9 weeks between PCI and final - and it only happened because my husband involved the area manager and I complained on product review.
i think carpet gets installed after keys along with appliances.
Saltwater71
sachapman1084
Hey there.. it's been a long time since ive posted, or even looked at this thread.
We're nearing the completion of our Villina Grande build, and everything has been smooth sailing until these last final weeks.. we had PCI 2 weeks ago, supposed to have final expection today, which was cancelled merely an hour ago - which is great when ive taken the day off work and all for it..
What time frame was taken between PCI and final inspection? AND, at what point was your carpet installed?

Cheers..

mine was 9 weeks between PCI and final - and it only happened because my husband involved the area manager and I complained on product review.

ok.. 9 weeks! sheesh!..
i shouldnt complain about the extra week theyre asking for then.. and im not really.. am more so annoyed about the inability to give me some notice that it wasnt taking place today, instead of a text at 730 saying trades are due today, tomorrow and saturday..

and about the carpet, thats what i was told this morning, but have been told 2 weeks ago carpet was to go in last week, then when i spoke to site superviser on monday he said it was due wednesday.. then today when i spoke to project manager was told after handover.. so it's the inconsistency of information that just has me frothing..

we've been so patient the whole build.. kept out of their space, its only now in the last week that i feel like im sending texts/making phone calls/sending emails every second day!..

we have actually been so happy with the build process, and how everything is coming along...
sachapman1084
Saltwater71
sachapman1084

Cheers..

ok.. 9 weeks! sheesh!..
i shouldnt complain about the extra week theyre asking for then.. and im not really.. am more so annoyed about the inability to give me some notice that it wasnt taking place today, instead of a text at 730 saying trades are due today, tomorrow and saturday..

and about the carpet, thats what i was told this morning, but have been told 2 weeks ago carpet was to go in last week, then when i spoke to site superviser on monday he said it was due wednesday.. then today when i spoke to project manager was told after handover.. so it's the inconsistency of information that just has me frothing..

we've been so patient the whole build.. kept out of their space, its only now in the last week that i feel like im sending texts/making phone calls/sending emails every second day!..

we have actually been so happy with the build process, and how everything is coming along...

Gosh lucky you! Our entire build has been a nightmare, eventually we got fed up with delays, poor excuses and lack of communication - hence the complaints.
Thank god for the area manager though he has been great help, we had final inspection last week and now waiting on the bank so we can do handover!
After taking 60 weeks to build a Villina Elite, keys were handed over 60 weeks ago and M have barely done 3/4 of the items outstanding then, with all rooms now usable after taking 8 months to send an electrician.

I don’t want to go into detail, but poor work at installation has 2 major items requiring replacement, including essentially rebuilding one portion of the frame, with no movement whatsoever on these items.

Perhaps worst of all, I can no longer listen to “if I could turn back time” without feeling anger towards the shyte supervisors, the bile coordinator, pretty much the whole company.

And wishing I could turn back time to make a different decision.
broken dreams
After taking 60 weeks to build a Villina Elite, keys were handed over 60 weeks ago and M have barely done 3/4 of the items outstanding then, with all rooms now usable after taking 8 months to send an electrician.

I don’t want to go into detail, but poor work at installation has 2 major items requiring replacement, including essentially rebuilding one portion of the frame, with no movement whatsoever on these items.

Perhaps worst of all, I can no longer listen to “if I could turn back time” without feeling anger towards the shyte supervisors, the bile coordinator, pretty much the whole company.

woww! you poor thing! can I ask why did you sign PCI and final inspections when there were so many issues?
one of our delays is because we forced them to fix everything we could find wrong prior to our inspection/sign off. After such a long wait and stressful process I wasn't accepting anything less than 'good' lol...didn't want to move into a half a$$ job and get angry everyday living in there and fighting to get things fixed..
Saltwater71
broken dreams

woww! you poor thing! can I ask why did you sign PCI and final inspections when there were so many issues?
one of our delays is because we forced them to fix everything we could find wrong prior to our inspection/sign off. After such a long wait and stressful process I wasn't accepting anything less than 'good' lol...didn't want to move into a half a$$ job and get angry everyday living in there and fighting to get things fixed..
Do you mind me asking what types of issues did you find? We're close to PCI so I'm keen to hear what the common issues are...
jol0
Saltwater71
broken dreams

Do you mind me asking what types of issues did you find? We're close to PCI so I'm keen to hear what the common issues are...

ours were only minor things/easy fixes to be honest - once you start living in it you will find if there are any structural or bigger issues. We mainly had cleaning, brick defects, paint defects, they had done our door the wrong colour and wanted us to sign it off and they'd fix it later - I said no. Common sense stuff but they play everything down as a non issue and try to get away with doing as little as possible. So my advice - document everything and push for everything to be done, make sure you're happy with the product you're receiving.
thisisadu
aaron_online
Saltwater,

M organised our interim OC because of pending works which are not included in the contract. Then we paid for full OC after completing remaining works.

If everything is completed then M should get full OC for you.

Hey Aaron what were the pending works not included in the contract ?

When did you build and get your interim OC and was it essential certifiers that did the certification inspection etc?

Did your site supervisor organize everything in regards to the interim OC for you or did you have to press them for it ?

We are a few weeks out from PCI and unsure of what the process will be when we get to PCI and OC details.

Hey thisisadu,

In our case backyard and side landscaping is not included.

Build started Dec 2016 and we got interim July 2017. New home const group was the certifier.

Customer assistant from Masterton organised out interim OC. They did a pretty good job on that and we didn't wait that long.
We finally got our keys...after 18 months of construction..!

Can anyone recommend a good driveway guy and landscaper?? We're in the parramatta region. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
congratulations! How did PCI go?
jol0
We finally got our keys...after 18 months of construction..!

Can anyone recommend a good driveway guy and landscaper?? We're in the parramatta region. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Our neighbours are building a duplex with Metricon here in Rydalmere. They were putting in the driveway today so I asked for their details. It's a company called Form and Pour Constructions, contact Daniel 0422 010 699 or Paul 0423 829 076. It looks like a good job to my amateur eye.
Thanks! Just wondering what everyone paid for their driveway??? We received a quote which seems exorbitant..11 to 12k..! Here's the area
jol0
Thanks! Just wondering what everyone paid for their driveway??? We received a quote which seems exorbitant..11 to 12k..! Here's the area

There are online calculators to give you an idea. I think your quote is higher due to the driveway gradient
We also had a steep driveway..... our quotes ranged from about $6000 to $20,000! I think the $20k guy just didn't want to do it, but figured if we were silly enough to accept his quote, then he would put up with doing the job! We ended up accepting a quote for (I think!) about $7500...... the cheapie guy seemed a bit too d0dgy!
Yep we just had another quote.. 9.5k. Both quotes include extending some steps and curving the driveway around to the front step.
The original guy ended up quoting 12.5k!!
jol0
Yep we just had another quote.. 9.5k. Both quotes include extending some steps and curving the driveway around to the front step.
The original guy ended up quoting 12.5k!!

Consider including the side of the garage....for moving the bins.
Hi SK, we are in the process of finalising our tender with Masterton for a build in Sutherland as well. As you've recently gone through the process and you seem to have loads of detailed info would you mind having a chat with us about your experience?

We have opted for Mansion Package + Yes Package and have already made a few floor plan changes + added stacker doors to the back but I'm concerned that we can't see in enough detail exactly what we'll be getting with those inclusions and therefore what else we might want change/add later that will cost us more!

e.g. shouldnt we know in detail before signing the contract what the electrical plan is, the cupboard/drawer config for kitchen, waterfall or non waterfall bench, wardrobe doors in bedrooms, how many aircon zones etc etc. It seems like all those appointments happen later down the line but I don't understand how we can budget appropriately if we don't have the detail yet?

Really appreciate any advice you may have!

sk1985
Hi all,

I'm building with Masterton in the Sutherland area.

We've just received development consent and have our appointments booked in over the next 4 weeks.

I'd be interested to know for each of your appointments (i.e. kitchen, Don's Tiles, colours and electrical):
1. what you know now that you wish you knew at the time of your appointments;
2. what is your favourite upgrade(s) and how much did the upgrade cost; and
3. which upgrade(s) had a cost that really shocked you.

We definitely want shaker doors (thermolaminated) in the kitchen. Did anyone upgrade to this option and how much did it cost?

We also want to upgrade the stone to Alpine White quantum quartz in the kitchen (40mm) and 3 bathrooms (20mm in each of the powder room, main and ensuite). Did anyone upgrade to this option and how much did it cost?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated (we are feeling a bit out of our depth and nervous about being talked into all sorts of things at the appointments).

Thanks

SK
So we've finally started the big move in. Only took 22 months since we moved out of our original house to knock it down..!

Now that we are in the house, I've started noticing defects. One of the main things being long streaks down the windows which don't clean off. Hubby thinks they may be stains from the acid brick clean. I'm adding it to the 90 day defect list but was wondering if anyone else had these? Is it from the brick clean?
Biggest regret going with Masterton. We are building a duplex at south west Sydney. Our site has been sitting without a roof for 8 months now, half *** job done on the bricks, not even completed. Surely the wear and tear from the frames being exposed is not acceptable?

Been through 3 site supervisors now. Emails, phone calls almost daily just to get someone on our site. It’s bloody ridiculous.
Tried to escalate this beyond the SS but no response.
Who do you go to to complain about the SS? No sense of accountability whatsoever.
Do we have to resort to productreview.com just to get someone to respond??

ms_jd
Biggest regret going with Masterton. We are building a duplex at south west Sydney. Our site has been sitting without a roof for 8 months now, half *** job done on the bricks, not even completed. Surely the wear and tear from the frames being exposed is not acceptable?

Been through 3 site supervisors now. Emails, phone calls almost daily just to get someone on our site. It’s bloody ridiculous.
Tried to escalate this beyond the SS but no response.
Who do you go to to complain about the SS? No sense of accountability whatsoever.
Do we have to resort to productreview.com just to get someone to respond??

Make sure you document your repeated interaction with Masterton. The no-roof situation could also affect the slab strength/stability..please get expert opinion.
Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum