Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 726 of 730
If it was just a matter of turning the doors, it sounds simple enough! Hopefully that’s all it takes!!
GillyM
If it was just a matter of turning the doors, it sounds simple enough! Hopefully that’s all it takes!!
I imagine it can't be super complicated..!
Another thing I noticed, do any of you with a double storey have a skirting board running through your stairwell between the gyprock of the first and second floor? I remember someone on here arguing with their ss about it. Why do they do this!?
jol0
Another thing I noticed, do any of you with a double storey have a skirting board running through your stairwell between the gyprock of the first and second floor? I remember someone on here arguing with their ss about it. Why do they do this!?

There's a join in the gyprock under there but it's in the display home too

Just wondering generally how long should PCI be after gyprock, skirting and doors?
jol0
Just wondering generally how long should PCI be after gyprock, skirting and doors?

For us, it was about 7 weeks after gyprock (6 weeks after skirtings)...... our doors weren't put on till after they were painted, which was about 3 weeks before pci.
Hey jol0, yes, it was my doors that needed turning around for the grain to match up.
At the time my request appeared to baffle our installer but I still think most people would want the grain pattern in the doors to marry up.
I often sit at our dining table, facing the kitchen cupboards and think how much the mis-matched grain would do my head in.
A good thing to report is that the doors appeared to be SUPER EASY to turn around, we have the tipon catches (push catches) on these doors, the little magnetic strip also appeared to be easy to move.

Hi all, we have tracked this forum on and off for 18 months. Started when we initially tried to get some reviews on new Masterton builds. Why? We were about to commit to a new build (Tempus Elite Custom) near Cronulla, Sydney.

We felt there were warnings with the reviews seen on here but not enough to be overly alarming. We are now some 3/4 through contracted build time with a building site still without complete roofing and external wall cladding. Materials used in the construction of frames, joists and flooring have been exposed to harsh coastal weather for over 6 months and are showing clear signs of defect.

Has anyone had experience with dealing with the company and building regulatory authority to address ‘major defects’ whilst still in contract?

Please DM if you have.
we at 12 months
Beljeff
Saltwater71
Hi All!

We are FINALLY having PCI next week! Yay!!
Any advice/pointers on what to look out for? I know the general stuff, but was there anything that you guys missed or didnt think to look at during PCI and caused you issues later?
Really tight with $$ so not hiring an inspector so any help is appreciated.

TIA

Hi, there’s a FB group that has 47 members to talk about experiences and ideas.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/394147827666800

Thank you!
Hi Everyone!

So we had our PCI almost 8 weeks ago and still dont know when we will have handover. We are about 1 month over contract and they have been in construction for over 13 months now. I know its not as bad as some of your experiences i've been reading on here, but I'm 7 months pregnant and we are still renting whilst paying mortgage waiting to move in - terrible waste of money and stress for me who is about to stop earning income. Any advice on what we can do to hurry it along? Is the $50 per day standard in the Masterton contracts? I haven't read mine to find out how much they should reimburse us, and when do they pay you the penalty?
Biggest me stake
OUR PAIN IS REAL 12 months on and our roof is not complete What a struggle, no sleep, M will pay $50 dollars a working day if the contract expires which won’t pay for 1 days rent so be prepared for a total build time of 18 - 24 months

This is actually not 100% correct,. Masterton will only pay $50 per working day (Mon - Fri) that they exceed the contracted date minus wet weather dates and public holidays.

Public holiday are fairly straight forward although they have a large time off from Dec to Mid Jan,

Wet weather dates is where Masterton really sting you.

For every 1 day of wet weather they can claim 3 days of unworkable days.
They also dont have to notify you when there is a wet weather day.

We calculated that based on their contract proposal of 18 months, they could in theory take 30 months without pay any penalty.

Hence we pulled out of any agreement.
Biggest me stake
we at 12 months

Have you had any building inspections to determine the impact on building materials after such a long period without protection from elements? 12 months is extreme in the best of cases and most manufacturers warranties will not cover product for anywhere near this length of time.
Hi everyone!

So we FINALLY had our final inspection on wednesday!
Does anyone know what the Masterton contract states about the occupancy certs? My site manager argues that they include ONE inspection only so i have to pay to get both interim and full OC. The office lady said in email that M cover ONE certificate - the interim certificate.
Can anyone shed some light?
Saltwater,

M organised our interim OC because of pending works which are not included in the contract. Then we paid for full OC after completing remaining works.

If everything is completed then M should get full OC for you.
aaron_online
Saltwater,

M organised our interim OC because of pending works which are not included in the contract. Then we paid for full OC after completing remaining works.

Thanks Aaron, everything is not completed as we have to do landscaping, etc. I'm pushing for M to cover the interim OC which the site manager said no to but I think he's incorrect. All he has done so far was get an inspection done which came back with a list of things M still had to do to get interim OC, so only makes sense that they get it for us once they've completed their tasks!
Can anyone please tell me the brick type used in the tempus elite fascade?

aaron_online
Saltwater,

Hey Aaron what were the pending works not included in the contract ?

When did you build and get your interim OC and was it essential certifiers that did the certification inspection etc?

Did your site supervisor organize everything in regards to the interim OC for you or did you have to press them for it ?

We are a few weeks out from PCI and unsure of what the process will be when we get to PCI and OC details.
Hey there.. it's been a long time since ive posted, or even looked at this thread.
We're nearing the completion of our Villina Grande build, and everything has been smooth sailing until these last final weeks.. we had PCI 2 weeks ago, supposed to have final expection today, which was cancelled merely an hour ago - which is great when ive taken the day off work and all for it..
but my question is, to those who have completed their build.
What time frame was taken between PCI and final inspection? AND, at what point was your carpet installed?

Cheers..
turns out they dont cover the certificate grrr
it was in my contract under the exclusions - basically they do 1 inspection to get the list of what's left to be done, they complete the builder related items and that's it. I've just booked my IOC and will have to do the OC too.
Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum