Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 722 of 788
I am in need of some advice.

What should be done first? Driveway, landscaping or fencing?

Im getting conflicting advise from family and friends.

We did our driveway before anything and then landscaping and fences last

Balk

We looking at this side of things now. To be honest it depends on needs.. for us due to having dogs we need fences drive way then landscaping. But to get the fences up we need to do retaining walls and do some landscaping with soil levels etc. if we didn't have dogs i would go driveway landscaping and then fences
Broadynest
A nice cool day for our slab pour today. Looks like our frame will arrive Friday the 24th and erected on Monday. We'll finally get to see the dream we've been living for the last two years!

Looking great.... the race is on.. I told Trev that you carnt be finished before us lol. Glad to see the wait is paying off.
Frame got delivered today ready to be erected on Wednesday. Sounds like it will start moving fairly quickly now with electrical rough in about 4 - 5 weeks time. Meet the new SS Friday and we have Scott, normally works the Nowra north area but they still haven't got a permanent one for the southern Shoalhaven.
arvindkamboj
thanks for reply Tom2016, Please let me know if you find any information about house and attached granny flat that will help. Today i went to the Beechwood office and sales lady said to me they will charge $22000 for inclusions for Moscato 4 genesis series. Is it these inclusions are worth to buy or just stick with standard ones. As you guys know this is first time i am building have no idea about these. If someone go through all these process please let me know which things i have to keep in mind to upgrade and which one not....Thanks

As the others have said you put your wish list of extras in and when you get your tender back it will be fully itemised and you just delete what you don't want. The house I was saying about that they are building the granny flat out the back is viewable on the below link and a screen shot attached of the site place. I haven't seen any designs of beechwood that have granny flats so not sure the story on this one but I have driven past and seen this place being built and they doing it with the build. http://www3.shoalhaven.nsw.gov.au/maste ... ze=1415697

Geoffj
arvindkamboj
thanks for reply Tom2016, Please let me know if you find any information about house and attached granny flat that will help. Today i went to the Beechwood office and sales lady said to me they will charge $22000 for inclusions for Moscato 4 genesis series. Is it these inclusions are worth to buy or just stick with standard ones. As you guys know this is first time i am building have no idea about these. If someone go through all these process please let me know which things i have to keep in mind to upgrade and which one not....Thanks

Our sales guy (Tom) Attached the $22000 inclusions package, and then we deleted everything apart from the Stove, Stone bench and Microwave slot.

You can add any type of inclusion you want and it will show on the tender. For example we didn't like the standard laundry so we altered it, change the door location, made the laundry smaller and put in a huge pantry. same with upgrading to the single garage door.

I reckon you put everything you want in, they will come back with a price, then delete till you get the price you want.

You are allowed a few tenders before putting down a deposit. So take full advantage.

Also to note the first one takes a while to come back, then a week after that.

Thanks, slow and steady wins the race.

our first one took over 2 months and ones after that 2-6 weeks each time

Balk

What size land are you on?

I personally would do fences Drive way then garden

I think we finally settled on how we would like the house final tender should come through in 2 weeks woot woot!!

Needamoneytree
Balk

Im on 655sqm

Side of house has 1.7m to boundary.

Needamoneytree
Balk

I agree; I would do fences, then driveway, then landscaping. Laying your driveway before landscaping will allow you to establish ground heights and that way you'll know how low to cut the soil for your lawn and gardens.

Tom2016
Frame got delivered today ready to be erected on Wednesday. Sounds like it will start moving fairly quickly now with electrical rough in about 4 - 5 weeks time. Meet the new SS Friday and we have Scott, normally works the Nowra north area but they still haven't got a permanent one for the southern Shoalhaven.

We had Scott for a very short time whilst darren was away. He was great too.

Broadynest
Needamoneytree
Balk

I agree; I would do fences, then driveway, then landscaping. Laying your driveway before landscaping will allow you to establish ground heights and that way you'll know how low to cut the soil for your lawn and gardens.

All i can say is make sure you let the land settle before you get driveway cos if you get any sink holes BH won't take any resposibility for it because the land hadn't settled. Not our fault the plumber dug up to fix a pipe blockage that could have just been flushed. Grrrrr

Has anyone got any more info on the Costa electrician issue? Will existing jobs be completed with Costa? I wonder what has caused this change.
kdrb2016
Has anyone got any more info on the Costa electrician issue? Will existing jobs be completed with Costa? I wonder what has caused this change.

We had a call from BW today as I raised that concern last Saturday to our consultant and she said we will get a call from the electrician nearing to the date that they need to put electrical but NO mention of Costa anymore so you might add well ring your site manager or call BW directly if you have abby outstanding jobs with Costa

tapasr_Lexia4
kdrb2016

We had a call from BW today as I raised that concern last Saturday to our consultant and she said we will get a call from the electrician nearing to the date that they need to put electrical but NO mention of Costa anymore so you might add well ring your site manager or call BW directly if you have abby outstanding jobs with Costa

Spoke to someone at BW who confirmed that any existing agreements / jobs with Costas would be done through costas.

When i asked why the change i was told it was due to customer complaints on their price points and efficiency (they were taking longer then agreed and therefore delaying builds).

I am with Costas and ill have to give michael a ring tomorrow to find out what in gods name this means for me (in excess of $9,000 in electrical upgrades ).

I will keep you all informed.

Balk.

Balk
tapasr_Lexia4
kdrb2016

Spoke to someone at BW who confirmed that any existing agreements / jobs with Costas would be done through costas.

When i asked why the change i was told it was due to customer complaints on their price points and efficiency (they were taking longer then agreed and therefore delaying builds).

I am with Costas and ill have to give michael a ring tomorrow to find out what in gods name this means for me (in excess of $9,000 in electrical upgrades ).

Balk.

Would be interesting what they say..Thanks Balk. I hope they carry out what they need to do with your property...we're alright at this point but I'm concern for those in your situation. All the best mate

Balk
tapasr_Lexia4
kdrb2016

Balk.

i only got to quote stage. They quoted $15.5k for upgrades(incl alarm, intercom), but it was for all basic range items

I will give them a call tomorrow and find out what is going. Beechwood and Costas have had a long relationship so concerned that it has soured, even over customer complaints.

tapsk
Balk
tapasr_Lexia4
[quote="kdrb2016"]Has anyone got any more info on the Costa electrician issue? Will existing jobs be completed with Costa? I wonder what has caused this change.

Balk.

i only got to quote stage. They quoted $15.5k for upgrades(incl alarm, intercom), but it was for all basic range items

I will give them a call tomorrow and find out what is going. Beechwood and Costas have had a long relationship so concerned that it has soured, even over customer complaints.

[/quote]
I agree there is more to the story then we are beint told. Long term relationship turning sour like this?

I know Costas have been very busy, they do work for other large project builders. I wonder if this is due to that, plus Beechwood identifying a cost saving opportunity.
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum