Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 73 of 788
Hi Guys,

Been hard at it today working in the garden....thought I would share some pics...not finished yet but getting there up to planting now....

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/gtx330/Nikon036.jpg
Backyard complete with retaining wall and grass

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/gtx330/Nikon037.jpg
Side of house looking into the alfresco

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/gtx330/Nikon038-1.jpg
Front yard started, still have a few gardens beds to go, we plant 50 of the mini buxus today

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/gtx330/Nikon040.jpg
Bottom of the front yard

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/gtx330/Nikon041.jpg
Driveway complete with saw cutting

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab162/gtx330/Nikon044.jpg

Watering is now a daily chore going to hate to see our next water bill!

Cant wait for Tuesday as the air con is finally being installed! Tuesday is also D Day as its our final council inspection, finger crossed all is ok!

Hey Nat - we moved in with no Interim OC or final! but yes you can move in with a Interim OC. Final is issued once landscaping, driveway etc is done.

marknbet - when is settlement? Good Luck......
Thanks for that guys, I REALLY hope we settle before Xmas!!! We should see painters start this week, wet area tiling and outdoor tiling is complete. SS is still saying end of November...
Your yard looks fantastic jacknruby, I LOVE the cutting detail in your driveway. We are going to have plain colored charcoal driveway but have been worried about the "boring" factor, those saw cuts make it look fantastic!!!
[quote="Natandash"]I LOVE the cutting detail in your driveway. We are going to have plain colored charcoal driveway but have been worried about the "boring" factor, those saw cuts make it look fantastic!!![quote]

Thanks Nat, we love it too, we actually got the idea when were in Qld last Xmas thats where my parents live and there is some massive new estates around where they are so we went driving and this saw cutting is all the rage up there, not many people in sydney do it we found, as they only get one shot at it iykwim.....and we just felt stamping and stenciling is a little dated now and it tends to fade and wear...so we went with the cutting which is cut with a diamond saw! it makes a huge mess when they are doing it! But looks fab....our neighbours came out and were worried that the concretor had made a mistake and was cutting it all up.....funny!
Wow, looks great! your outdoor area is fabulous. I am kind of wishing we got that done at the same time too.
oh well!
We apparently have fit out starting today- YAY
and Beechwood have assured us that we will be in for Xmas. YAY!
Now to start packing and getting organised I guess... have alot of boxes that we have never unpacked in the 18 months we have been where we are, so hopefully we can dispose of alot.
getting exciiiiiiitttttiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnggggg
Jacknruby, looks FANTASTIC! The driveway does stand out...in a good way. Looks like we will have settlement tomorrow or wednesday latest. Had the call from the bank confirming they are good to go, just waiting on confirmation to collect the cheque for payment. Got approval from SS to move a 'few' boxes in over the weekend, well thats what I thought we would do but half a house and our new home theatre lounge later and the removalists on Thursday dont have much left to deal with, but I was sure to leave ALL the heavy stuff! Natandash - all should hopefully fly now, painting took a little over a week, carpet a few hours and tiles a single day! Good luck!
LOOKING GOOD JACKNRUBY

scored today with all the blinds for the house... went to buy them all as they were on sale, 50% off sweet... sorry sale has finished , but ill check with manaer to see if you can have them still at 50% cos we got heaps and heaps still displayed.. ok sweet manager says yep i can have the special but she has to work it out on a calculator and edit the price on the screen... sweeet as , fine by me..

so as shes scanning them in i notice a special sticker on one of them thats says 156 down to 78 dollars or close to that... anyways she scanning them in and then calculating half price... luckily for me they were still scanning in at half price.. so the girl gave me 50 % off the special 50% price... i payed five hundred bucks for $2000 worth of blinds... happy days.. good win
cool:

MR/SB (moonriver/sarbear) how are you guys going with the slabs and frames??? and holidays??
Holiday going well. Arrived in our apartment on the Gold Coast this afternoon.

My sister is driving past our block tomorrow to see if slab was done today.
half ya luck enjoy.... by the time you get back your slab will be done
wow coastie! awesome! where did you go for your blinds?
Does anyone know how long it takes to get from approved council plans til contract signing. We have done everything already. Just waiting for contracts now.
avonst-As long as BW have the letter saying everythings fine with funds for building you should ring BW as soon as plans are out of council and make appt. for contract signing. From council plans to contract signing was about 10 days for me.

Penny- How are things going with your build? Are you nearly finished?

coastie1-Our plumbing is being finished today. Summer has hit with avengence.

jacknruby-Your landscaping looks fab!! Love your retaining walls.
Warning rant coming....

I am so over building!

Council failed us again today
! And still wont issue a Interim OC let alone final OC. BW still have a lot of paperwork to send in to them and yep was on the phone to them today trying to get this all sorted!! not to mention some other petty issues they want fixed which granted is our issue like steps having a larger stepdown then 19cm's outside the laundry and backdoor, and our stairs in the garage have risers (basic step) council now require a back to be placed on the back and our front patio has a drop of 90 cms due to the fall of the land, so they want a handrail installed or we raise the garden bed up! Where does it end.....I think we have a very particular council!

Our Air con hadnt been installed at the time of inspection so thats another issue, but they acutally came and installed it this afternoon, loving it! its been so humid and now we have some cool again so very happy about that
)!

Hope everyone else is having a better day then I am having!

Ahhh not to mention the fencing with the neighbours - one side want colourbond we want timber, the other side just split up and neither of them want to pay! The joys!

Sorry for the me post!!!
OMG carley, I think its your council. what a headache its turned out to be.....
dont send them up this way, we still have exposed drains.....we did our own drainage and havent got around to filling them in.....
i just dont know what else to say, i cant help you, but i definitely feel for you.
frames are up .... happy days... cant believe the speed its happening.. drove to the block today and was gobsmacked!!
windows are also on the block.. i guess bricks will come soon.

nay nay i got all the blinds from lincraft at erina fair.. eco venetian blinds...
Jacknruby thay is terrible! Must admit not looking forward to council inspection for our final OC. Your the hills council yeah? Were in Blacktown so hopefully they are a bit more leanient. Tried contacting your concretor yesterday, said he would call back in 20 and im still waiting!
On a brighter note, we had settlement yesterday and got the keys as exciting as it is because we 'broke in' almost every day it just feels like my house and ive been there forever already. Such a good feeling!
Coastie - we did much the same with our blinds for now, got premade aluminium venetians from spotlight which were 40% off and all windows cost us about $350! Cheerin. We want plantations eventually but will wait for now as the landscaping etc. Will cost a fortune.
Good luck to you all and will put some pics up after appliances Friday!
checked the place out yesterday- have the bath tub in, vanities in (but no tops as these are caesarstone) all doors are hung, and timber shelving is in.. skirting is done too.
chugging along now. yay!
ducked out again today and the glass front cabinets are in the kitchen, and they have ripped out the cavity sliding doors and all the plaster attached to them from the laundry and bathroom. they have refitted them in a different place.
I'm actually really pleased because I noticed yesterday one of them didnt seem right- the vanity blocked the space, so hurrah.
apart from that, doesnt look like anything else has been done.
The kitchen cabinets look fantastic! I think they call them Bar Glazing? Love it!
Update from sunny Gold Coast.

My sister went past our block today and yay we have a slab and our external plumbing done.
Hi all

Here is some more garden shots been working in the garden all weekend, starting to come together now....

Hope that worked trying to do from my iPhone album

And here is a couple more....

For those in Sydney we have been buying our plants at growers plant market in annagrove near rouse hill, we have only spent $260 so far on on the plant you can see which is cheap, I have researched a lot flower. Power would have been double if not triple the price....

All we have left now is our backyard garden behind the retaining wall which we are putting in Spartan conifers 20 of them we are starting that next weekend and down the other side of the driveway so almost done
)!!!

How is everyone else?

Me still working through our council issues it never ends....

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum