Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Froggies build - I'm kinda back, some pics pg 78

Page 73 of 78
Lex
:th: I never heard of that! Do you have a pic of those cut-in tiles somewhere?

BTW, why would you want to put timber deck on this beauty?!?!? If we had such level block and not have some other problems, it would be a dream to just slab and tile it - should be far less maintenance than with a deck ('set and forget' type of thing)! I wish we had such an easy land to do that
I think we'll have to deck
, otherwise the cost would be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, hope I'm wrong ...

This is how my driveway is suppose to look...and in that diamond pattern.
http://www.1300driveways.com.au/pave_cut.aspx
The pergola area is the same but not in the diamond pattern, just normal paver/tile layout (flow on from the dining room)

No, you're right. It will be far less maintance than timber. I don't know why I want timber. I've been saying for about 14 years now....when I built my own home, I AM having a timber deck!!!! I just love the look of them. I probably won't, its just something that I've wanted for a looooong time

I thought what I might do, is on the ends, do built in seating in decking timber (spotted gum)
Ok-have just caught up-and if I'm exhausted on your behalf, I can only imagine how you are!

RE: the deck. As a fellow dog owner I can tell you that decking doesn't hold up very well to dog's of any size-their nails scratch it. Which isn't a problem if you don't mind reapplying the finish every few months!
We had a section of slabbed pergola and a section of decking at our last house...it's concrete all the way this time!
Yeah I'm pretty much spent Deemaree

I'm mentally and physical zapped

I think thats why I just can't get into my packing...I'm just not excited
Meh- save the excitement for when you are actually LIVING there! Then you can wander around to your heart's content!
I can't wait to roll the tennis ball down the corridor for the dog lol

I'll get there, I just wish it would hurry up!
Wonder which will come first-our slab or your move?
Well for your sake, I hope your slab comes first!!
And I hope that you move!
Well lets hope they happen on the same day
Deal!
in that case.... you should be getting your slab tomorrow

If not....watch out!!
That pave cut looks great, F!! ... intruding into the middle of the chat

BTW, this is a reminder that no sad thoughts will be tolerated, Frogster!! We want you to be the Frogzilla , not some margarine-like shmozmilla

Frogger

Meet FROGZILLA!
haha no margarine here lol

Yes thats frogzilla, she likes to come out and play when I get really p&*E# off lol
Eh Dee and Lex...did you read between the lines then and get the hint???
about tomorrow??? lol
I did-I'm trying not to wet myself with excitement!
lol oh god please don't do that...there's enough water around already!! lol
It SHOULD happen tomorrow...but I don't want to jinx myself by actually saying it out allowed
OK-I'll just turn myself into the human pretzel for you!

LOL I wish I could do that!!
I'm off to bed now.....I expect to see your post count a lot higher tomorrow lo
Sleep well- I'm going myself...and I refuse to look at my post count anymore!
Related
5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

1/01/2024
Back-flow Prevention Valve ?

Building A New House

Good luck with it. I don't know what the cost of a nice bidet seat with a 25mm air gap will be but you are obviously deducting the cost of a RPZ valve and its…

27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum