Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 719 of 862
Lol, we where told October at contract in July. We started in January.
I think they just make something up
nikil
How long did everyone wait for council approval? We just had our contract Tuesday and are supposed to have an April start date. Is this enough time to get council approval? Just wondering if they are cutting it a bit fine. We are Cardinia Shire council. Building the Vancouver with very few changes.

That is our council too. So far we've been waiting 7 weeks since we paid for and submitted our permit application.

Naama
At sales we were told we will be building in Feb HAHAHAHA yeah right!!
They are ball parking everything, as soon as all the site stuff is done and approval from council is done then they basically book your start date and starts ordering things... can be earlier and can be later than what you were told at certain meetings with them.. what matters is to not let it go further than the final day of site start or you'll be paying extra for pushing the date.

Yep we were meant to have site start in September. We've been penalised $3000 so far for delays.

Waldorf_Grange_Build
Naama
They are ball parking everything, as soon as all the site stuff is done and approval from council is done then they basically book your start date and starts ordering things... can be earlier and can be later than what you were told at certain meetings with them.. what matters is to not let it go further than the final day of site start or you'll be paying extra for pushing the date.

Yep we were meant to have site start in September. We've been penalised $3000 so far for delays.

Our dead line is end of April so hopefully we wont get to delay it at all. I hope that if council won't budge then the appeal wont take long..
nikil
I wondered why they didn't do our contract until now, knowing we were due for an April start date. I felt like they were leaving it a bit close.

Thats because they are full of it!! There start date is all a load of rubbish as you can see. Site dates and months also depend on job number's and what slot you fit into. If your pushed out for whatevr reason you get pushed down the line. 6 weeks is always standard for council and thats if its all straight forward.

Our was straight forward and also took 8 weeks followed by another 4 as they had to then sign off on lpod plans.

Your submission to council is approved once finals are done which would also be after your second soil is complete. Stampped plans by council are right at the end and they took us a week or two.

If your contract is not yet complete ull b waiting on that followed by council and possibly addresseing anything they pick up. Dispensation is popular. We had this for one window not letting enough light in! Thats how picky they can be. From there plans get stamped then u move to construction. That then takes 2 weeks to get ur site start letter and u begin. Given theres only 4 weeks till april i have my fingers crossed for you... and pray that they haven't found rock in ur second soil!
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Naama

That sucks to hear that
how frustrating. Have the council advised what their delay is or are u just in processing?
Hurrow
Naama

I'm hopeful our guy was being a bit more realistic then! Given we've got contract in April and the land titles in May even if it takes them a couple of months to get stuff through council and all the rest of it, there is still couple of months to sort anything else out before a theoretical build start in September. Fingers crossed anyway!

Assume September then u wont be disappointed:)
The gap could also be because of job loads. They have certain number of houses to start in certain months. They might b fully booked for months june july. Fingers crossed it happens sooner !
lizbf85
Waldorf_Grange_Build
Naama

That sucks to hear that
how frustrating. Have the council advised what their delay is or are u just in processing?

They queried the height of trees on the landscape plans and the retaining walls around the fence line. We've had to clarify things via email and then wait for them to make their decision.

I'm hopeful that they just don't have anything to query on ours and that it gets processed quickly.
nikil
I'm hopeful that they just don't have anything to query on ours and that it gets processed quickly.

Pray for a miracle!
I like to stay optimistic as much as I can. We'll deal with any hurdles if and when they arrive, it's all we can do.
nikil
I like to stay optimistic as much as I can. We'll deal with any hurdles if and when they arrive, it's all we can do.

Yes of course! Im just being realistic and sharing my experience that seems to mirror everyone elses. If theres one thing ive learnt from this process it is not to take any date or time frame serious until its happening right in front of you.
lizbf85
Hurrow
Naama

I'm hopeful our guy was being a bit more realistic then! Given we've got contract in April and the land titles in May even if it takes them a couple of months to get stuff through council and all the rest of it, there is still couple of months to sort anything else out before a theoretical build start in September. Fingers crossed anyway!

Assume September then u wont be disappointed:)
The gap could also be because of job loads. They have certain number of houses to start in certain months. They might b fully booked for months june july. Fingers crossed it happens sooner !

Yeah I'm working with September being the start date, as much as I think it could potentially be a lot sooner if everything goes smoothly I'd much rather be mentally prepared for it to be September if they don't. And as you say they probably have job loads to manage so maybe that's why they didn't try for anything earlier. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Hurrow we wanted to start earlier but they said they were fully booked with jobs until April so that's how we ended up with an April start date.
nikil
Hurrow we wanted to start earlier but they said they were fully booked with jobs until April so that's how we ended up with an April start date.

We said right from the start that we wanted it to all be done as soon as possible, unfortunately with our block of land not being titled until May (hopefully anyway!) it was always going to take a while. Our appointments are all scheduled so that our contract should be in April, so hopefully once that is all done it will give everyone plenty of time to have a September start.
Yea I think with estates that are not titled yet they allow a few months after the expected title date because most people have delays with land titles which is understandable.
hooray!! 3rd time lucky are robes are now fixed!::
nikil

Perfect attitude, and most hurdles can be fixed regardless of how insurmountable they might seem at the time.
lizbf85

Excellent news to end the week on!
lizbf85
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum