Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 718 of 788
thanks guys. Is there anyway of getting a heads up of standard kitchen and bathroom cabinet colors?
we're thinking of doing a mix of Light oak and white in kitchen. .

Grace33
I went past my block yesterday and surprised how much has been done this week. We now have a roof, eaves, electrical work complete, bricks washed and site completely cleaned up. Really happy with the progress this far.

So excited and happy for you Grace 33

poppet82
thanks guys. Is there anyway of getting a heads up of standard kitchen and bathroom cabinet colors?
we're thinking of doing a mix of Light oak and white in kitchen. .

Was going to ask the same. Are we allowed to have two different type/colour of cabinets?
Can someone show a sample of a standard cabinet?

we were going to do a 2 tone kitchen cupboards. you can do it, but it costs extra.

if you paint a bedroom a different colour, it costs extra
lol... of course it costs more!
I was thinking of one side of the hall way front door to back of house in a feature color... any ideas on cost ?

tapasr... was it a huge upgrade for 2 colors in kitchen?
they should put their standard colors online.. would make life easier

poppet82
lol... of course it costs more!
I was thinking of one side of the hall way front door to back of house in a feature color... any ideas on cost ?

tapasr... was it a huge upgrade for 2 colors in kitchen?
they should put their standard colors online.. would make life easier

I don't know poppet82 as our colour selection appointment is this Thursday.
Yeah I agree, I wish they have it online so the appointment won't be that long as you've pretty much have an idea already.
About colour, say you're using the same colour but say half strength, would that still be considered another colour...
I'm still undecided if it's Foxdale, Grey Castle or Nelson on our wall - these are all grey but until I actually see this on a board then I don't know which one.
We will have Crisp White for our trimmings...
Any ideas guys

get some sample pots from bunnings and make some boards up you can see in different light... morning.. curtains closed/open.. night time etc

poppet82
get some sample pots from bunnings and make some boards up you can see in different light... morning.. curtains closed/open.. night time etc

Aside from going to Beaumont in Prospect today, that's one of the agenda...you read my thoughts poppet82

Slab poured today. Only found out when invoice was emailed to me.

tapasr_Lexia4
poppet82

Aside from going to Beaumont in Prospect today, that's one of the agenda...you read my thoughts poppet82

how did you go with tiles ?

poppet82
tapasr_Lexia4
poppet82

Hi poppet82
It went well..mind you this was our second time to go to Beaumont but this time hubby and I sort of lock everything in (in preparation for Thursday) ...it's abit frustrating though as the silver range is very limited and unless one is ready (and willing) to pay extra then it opens up more better tiles.... here is what we have so far ... What do you think?

tapasr_Lexia4
poppet82
tapasr_Lexia4
[quote="poppet82"]get some sample pots from bunnings and make some boards up you can see in different light... morning.. curtains closed/open.. night time etc

Hi poppet82
It went well..mind you this was our second time to go to Beaumont but this time hubby and I sort of lock everything in (in preparation for Thursday) ...it's abit frustrating though as the silver range is very limited and unless one is ready (and willing) to pay extra then it opens up more better tiles.... here is what we have so far ... What do you think?

[/quote]
I like your ensuite colors it's seeming like something I had it mind too!
also similar for the living room tiles.. I like your style !
my only thought is... consider if you definitely want the shine tiles on the floor... it's harder to keep clean and any drop of liquid it's pretty slippery.. my parents have it.. my old neighbors had shine tiles on porch and in the wet weather it was ridiculous how easy you'd slip... BUT.. that's just my thoughts I know lots of people love them and different brands probably slip more then others ... I'm probably just a clumsy goof

Thanks Poppet82... I know what you mean... you might be thinking of gloss...that I know is slippery but shine is the middle between glossy and matt

poppet82
tapasr_Lexia4
poppet82
[quote="tapasr_Lexia4"][quote="poppet82"]get some sample pots from bunnings and make some boards up you can see in different light... morning.. curtains closed/open.. night time etc

Hi poppet82

[/quote]
I like your ensuite colors it's seeming like something I had it mind too!
also similar for the living room tiles.. I like your style !
my only thought is... consider if you definitely want the shine tiles on the floor... it's harder to keep clean and any drop of liquid it's pretty slippery.. my parents have it.. my old neighbors had shine tiles on porch and in the wet weather it was ridiculous how easy you'd slip... BUT.. that's just my thoughts I know lots of people love them and different brands probably slip more then others ... I'm probably just a clumsy goof

[/quote]

[our overall floor]

our ensuite inspiration that we're going for

We chose the Piatra Grey for the kitchen benchtop and going to get a similar backsplash otherwise the next pic will be our backsplash with white grouting

It's all happening today. Plumbers in doing BW Drainage and southwest electrical starting site power. Slight hick up with the plumbers escuvating next doors block to lay the sewer but a quick call to Trev and all sorted. Frame getting delivered tomorrow and hand over on Monday.. haha we wish.
Awesome news Tom2016 that its moving. Feel your pain with the plumbing issue. Not good.

Looking great Tom2016... shaping well now

Done our colour selection today...signed the contract so it's all waiting time...
The only thing that I'm second doubting now is our wall. I initially want Taubmans Foxtail but since it's not in the standard range, our colour consultant suggested Apache Stone which was a good idea this morning but looking at it now, i could have asked if our colors would be great with Shale Grey.
Here's our colour selection result...I'll share my blog rather than putting individual photos here.
http://buildingourhumblehome.blogspot.c ... -done.html

Anyone used Apache Stone? Any reviews about it?

Thanks everyone

Hi guys,

I am looking for advice/guidance/suggestions on Beechwood homes for my first ever construction project.

This is the first time we are building a property. We have a land in Development "Crest" by Mirvac at Gledswood hills 2557 . Lot size 807sqm with 20 frontage . We are planning to build a single story house with an attached 2 bedroom granny flat.

We have no experience in building. We are keen to learn from this first project. We understand that we will have to pay a premium for this but willing to take that hit to some extent.

My experience with Beechwood sales office Kellyville has been very good.However, I have read quite a bit of negative reviews about their delivery process.

We like Moscato 4 design . Any suggestion/advise on, will be great if somebody building or already build same type of project .

Thanks... in advance
Have a good day.
tapasr_Lexia4
Done our colour selection today...signed the contract so it's all waiting time...
The only thing that I'm second doubting now is our wall. I initially want Taubmans Foxtail but since it's not in the standard range, our colour consultant suggested Apache Stone which was a good idea this morning but looking at it now, i could have asked if our colors would be great with Shale Grey.
Here's our colour selection result...I'll share my blog rather than putting individual photos here.
http://buildingourhumblehome.blogspot.c ... -done.html

Anyone used Apache Stone? Any reviews about it?

Thanks everyone

I havent used Apache stone so I am not much help. I did read once when someone put it outside it was more of a brown than a grey. I have got some pics on my computer.

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum