Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Masterton Homes - The next thread 4.0

Page 716 of 730
$58 per light point and $70 per LED.
buildinsydney
Hi Buildinghome
Can you please tell me as how much it costs for LED down lights? I see that the double sockets costs $71 and external sockets around $132.
Thanks
Buildinsydney

Buildinghome
Izee
It really does just depend who the SS is I guess...

How much does M charge for an extra double powerpoint or for the outdoor waterproof points? I've started looking at the electricals and it looks like we will be about 16 double powerpoints above the standard with an additional 2-4 outdoor points.

We have electrical on Wednesday. Our price list says $71 for a double and $132 for external.

We are placing our double points in places where we can install a second on the otherside of the wall ourselves.

$58 per light point and $70 per LED. The $70 includes the LED and installation. You wont need as many light points as LED because you already get so many light points. We had 37 LED and extra 17 lightpoints....with an extra safetyswitch in there too.
Busy, busy, busy finishing off the smaller areas in our house.
We ended up measuring up ourselves and getting IKEA flat packs to fit out both our laundry and study space/nook. I think all up for flatpacks for both areas it cost us $1500 ( includes laminate benchtops).
We installed ourselves, interesting times, but happy with end result.
I wanted both areas finished off before Christmas, so we took on the challenge ourselves.

If I had my time again, I'd probably have preferred Artline do both areas at time of build. We are not "handy" people so it was quite an undertaking for us. It was difficult having the laundry and study nook out of action all this time, or at least not set up for proper use, but I guess we did save quite a bit by doing it ourselves.

Next up is decking and garden beds ... cannot wait to lay turf. I am so OVER living with dirt and mud.

Our study space -

MartinsHarmony
We ended up measuring up ourselves and getting IKEA flat packs to fit out both our laundry and study space/nook. I think all up for flatpacks for both areas it cost us $1500 ( includes laminate benchtops).
I wanted both areas finished off before Christmas, so we took on the challenge ourselves.

If I had my time again, I'd probably have preferred Artline do both areas at time of build. We are not "handy" people so it was quite an undertaking for us. It was difficult having the laundry and study nook out of action all this time, or at least not set up for proper use, but I guess we did save quite a bit by doing it ourselves.

Next up is decking and garden beds ... cannot wait to lay turf. I am so OVER living with dirt and mud.

Our study space -

You have done a great job! Did you widen the space for your study nook? It looks bigger than the standard plan.
MartinsHarmony

Our study space -

Study nook looks awesome!! Do you have photos of laundry? We are
Doing that ourselves too!

http://preludehome.tumblr.com/
Buildinghome - study/media space is the standard size. I think it looks bigger than the display home too ... maybe the upper cabinets make it look wider?

beeprelude - laundry ...

MartinsHarmony
Buildinghome - study/media space is the standard size. I think it looks bigger than the display home too ... maybe the upper cabinets make it look wider?

beeprelude - laundry ...

I really like your laundry!

Thanks buildinghome
This gives me a good idea for estimation
Hi

I had the tender from M. My land is sloping towards the front so M told me that there is no Hydraulics requirements such as pit or major stuff. Water can continue to flow through the pipe to the road.
My land has possible rocks at 1 metre below. I did not see any PA from M on rock removal.
In short, I would like to hear from you all if you were slammed by huge costs later, during construction. Does M exceed their tender on site cost like this?
Thanks
buildinsydney
Hi

I had the tender from M. My land is sloping towards the front so M told me that there is no Hydraulics requirements such as pit or major stuff. Water can continue to flow through the pipe to the road.
My land has possible rocks at 1 metre below. I did not see any PA from M on rock removal.
In short, I would like to hear from you all if you were slammed by huge costs later, during construction. Does M exceed their tender on site cost like this?
Thanks

Hi buildinsydney,
We were hit with additional costs for rock excavation and clean fill. There's an adage in building that you never really know your costs until you are out of the ground.

M will charge you whatever the earthworks cost them + their 27% margin. So insist on seeing the invoices before paying.

Good news on your stormwater, we are on the low side of the street and the additional absorption trenches cost $20k.

Yep, agree with Gibson.
We had additional, unanticipated earthworks and spoil removal costs.

You just never know what they'll find under that initial bit of dirt!

We got grass today! Yeahie for no more mud!!!

Has anyone had Mr David M contact details please PM us we appreciate your help. Our PCI has been changed three times. SS was quite after 3/4 months with M. Now area manager look after our build. It seems he doesn't care or because he has too too much work that he couldn't handle so hard to contact him.He ignores our messages our emails
rainbow05
Has anyone had Mr David M contact details please PM us we appreciate your help. Our PCI has been changed three times. SS was quite after 3/4 months with M. Now area manager look after our build. It seems he doesn't care or because he has too too much work that he couldn't handle so hard to contact him.He ignores our messages our emails

Our build ran 6 months late, I wrote to David M at Warwick Farm via good old snail mail.
No response from him but I'll PM you some contact info for Customer Service.

None of our complaints made them complete the job any faster...

I just asked our pre construction coordinator for our final post contract variation following our final electrical appointment. I was just told that it may not be the final cost of the contract and they wont be able to tell us that until we move closer to validation. Our land isnt registered yet so I get we might have extra site costs and maybe an extra 950 thrown in here and there for going over contract period but I'm wondering if I'm missing anything else...surely they arent going to pull something else out of the woodwork.
Thanks Gibson for your help we now prepare the complaint letter. Again n again today our area manager promise us he will confirm PCI day by Monday, so far he all broke his promises and every time he said different content. This time we try our best to give him last chance if he won't keep his words we maybe use products reviews to contact M customers services to find out the correct answer
Actually our built just need some small jobs to complete n showe screen need to install.
Hi Gibson and MartinsHarmony
Thanks for your reply.
I met with M today and my sales guy told me that the bore test results have come and there is rock present after 700mm. M said that they will add a PA of $6k for rocks, just in case.

I would like to know if there will be tiles on the floor of linen and also the storage area below the stairs. The house I am planning is Villina elite. Does tiles on those area come as standard inclusions or do we have to pay extra to get it. My sales guy said he will talk to his boss and try to throw this in but I want to be sure that this is something I would pay to get or included.
Thanks
Buildinsydney

Gibson
buildinsydney
Hi

Thanks

Hi buildinsydney,
We were hit with additional costs for rock excavation and clean fill. There's an adage in building that you never really know your costs until you are out of the ground.

M will charge you whatever the earthworks cost them + their 27% margin. So insist on seeing the invoices before paying.

Good news on your stormwater, we are on the low side of the street and the additional absorption trenches cost $20k.

t withay
buildinsydney
Thanks for your reply.
I met with M today and my sales guy told me that the bore test results have come and there is rock present after 700mm. M said that they will add a PA of $6k for rocks, just in case.

I would like to know if there will be tiles on the floor of linen and also the storage area below the stairs. The house I am planning is Villina elite. Does tiles on those area come as standard inclusions or do we have to pay extra to get it. My sales guy said he will talk to his boss and try to throw this in but I want to be sure that this is something I would pay to get or included.
Thanks
Buildinsydney

Gibson
buildinsydney
Hi

Thanks

Hi buildinsydney,

t withay

We have a villina elite and there were no tiles under the stairs. The guys who did our alfresco after handover did it for us and was much cheaper. M might slug you with spoil removal during the build for that extra rock

PS looking good martinsharmony!

https://mandgbuildatmulgoarise.wordpress.com/
Oh how good is IKEA

We did our storage in the garage and under stairs from the Besta range and hemnes in our nursery and one of the spare rooms for my hubbys models area. We did this little area last weekend!

Hi MGardz
Thanks for your reply.
Is it better to pour the slab and tiles for future alfresco while M pours the slab for the house or do the slabs later with someone later.
I hear people say it is better to do the slab with M as it is cost effective. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Buildinsydney

uote="MGardz"]
buildinsydney
Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
Buildinsydney

Gibson
buildinsydney
Hi

Thanks

Hi buildinsydney,

t withay

We have a villina elite and there were no tiles under the stairs. The guys who did our alfresco after handover did it for us and was much cheaper. M might slug you with spoil removal during the build for that extra rock

https://mandgbuildatmulgoarise.wordpress.com/[/quote]
buildinsydney
Hi MGardz
Thanks for your reply.
Is it better to pour the slab and tiles for future alfresco while M pours the slab for the house or do the slabs later with someone later.
I hear people say it is better to do the slab with M as it is cost effective. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Buildinsydney

uote="MGardz"]
buildinsydney
Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
Buildinsydney

Gibson
[quote="buildinsydney"]Hi

Thanks

Hi buildinsydney,

t withay

https://mandgbuildatmulgoarise.wordpress.com/[/quote][/quote]

Hello the slab yes do it at the time of the build but the tiles no. We save about $1k doing the tiles and screed after handover and they actually did a better job than the Masterton tilers and used a better quality coloured grout. Our coloured grout inside has discolouration in it that had to be painted after handover but the ones outside still look brand new and mind you this is with two dogs walking mud and dirt on it. Hubby cleans it once a week and it looks brand new afterwards.

Related
31/03/2024
Masterton Homes Hydraulics

Building A New House

Thanks again. I will ask Masterton if they do this.

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum