Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 716 of 788
Yay!!! Our roof is going up. Hopefully we will be complete by next week. Our poor street tree has been run over for the second time.

Guys

Some positive news. Piers going in today and slab early next week. At this point in time, is there anything that i specifically need to look out for?

tapsk
Guys

Some positive news. Piers going in today and slab early next week. At this point in time, is there anything that i specifically need to look out for?

We asked our concrete supervisor directly. He said to just verify how many piers they used vs what was quoted. In our case we went under the quoted amount by 25mt
Tom2016
tapsk
Guys

We asked our concrete supervisor directly. He said to just verify how many piers they used vs what was quoted. In our case we went under the quoted amount by 25mt
thanks Tom. Our contract states fixed piering. Did you end up stumping up the extra? And if so, did contract state fixed piering?

tapsk
Tom2016
tapsk
Guys

thanks Tom. Our contract states fixed piering. Did you end up stumping up the extra? And if so, did contract state fixed piering?

Sorry. Misread your original reply. Did you get a credit? And was it fixed in contract?

tapsk
Tom2016
tapsk
Guys

We had fixed for 100mt then a provisional allowance for anything over we spoke with the office as well as sales and have been told that we will get a credit for the fixed price not used as well as any provisional not used. House a few doors down that was built ended up going over about 250mt due to sand. Other things to watch is any allowance for fill or machine hire or materials to break the clay down that haven't been used. Our supervisor is good and if something hasn't been used he lets us know.
We had our piers done last week and went 22m over our 80m, but I figure it's better to be over than under! It's understandable though as our estate's top layers were chipped trees and then the engineers built the estate.

Broadynest
We had our piers done last week and went 22m over our 80m, but I figure it's better to be over than under! It's understandable though as our estate's top layers were chipped trees and then the engineers built the estate.

I think you ended up Lucky, have a friend building in the same estate and he said he used 138mt which was going to cost a total of 15k but ended up using screws and cut the cost down by half.
Slab pour cancelled today for obvious reasons.
When was the last time it rained in Sydney!!!

tapsk
Slab pour cancelled today for obvious reasons.
When was the last time it rained in Sydney!!!

Unfortunately tapsk it looks like tomorrow is another rainy day but the weekend looks promising....sorry to hear that things are getting slowed down my mother nature

Yesterday we got our top slab on the split poured. I was very surprised to see them on site with all the rain. Was assured that it was alright as it was only light rain during the pour and the 55mm overnight wasn't an issue. Finish looks good. Western start concrete has done a great job. Funny part was the invoice from beechwood was sitting there before they even finished pouring lol. Now I feel poor..

Just got back from a 12 night cruise to NZ

I noticed our slab was complete more then 3 week before we were going to leave. So I emailed BW and said we will be out of the country from 28 Jan to 9 Feb and that if any payment is needed in that time, send them before 28th.

Did not hear anything from anyone, so today when we got back from NZ, for an invoice from BW on 30 Jan for slab.. fkn annoying as all hell.

Then they hounding me for it being over due. I emailed her about me being away and i told them, and she just gave me some scripted response.

Wanted to punch a hole through my monitor.
External drainage. Just a bit of a heads up we spoke directly with Vortex. Who are contracted to do our external drainage about doing some extras as there is none in the build. We are only talking about minor drainage which was about 4 tap drains and 2 ground drains. Quote came back today $1,500 for the works. There is lucky if there is $200 in material and really no extra work as they are put in place of just elbows from the down pipes. Just be mindful what they try to gouge out of you
Woohoo...we got the call for our colour selection appointment on Thurs. Did you guys had the electrical appointment on the same day too... and how long after this when building started...Yes getting excited I know...sorry

tapasr_Lexia4
Woohoo...we got the call for our colour selection appointment on Thurs. Did you guys had the electrical appointment on the same day too... and how long after this when building started...Yes getting excited I know...sorry

We had colour selection and be prepared to pick handles for everything in general, orientation of handles, taps, benchtop etc. and many more. Its not just colours in case thats what u thought

After this day, you will get a final variation. The less you alter the quicker you will get a draft contract you can give your lender. Once your lender supplies a commencement letter to Beechwood, you will get a official final contract.

Electrical and Tiles should come after. For eg our slab was suppose to go down last week and we are having our electrical appt tomorrow and still havent had our Beaumont Tile appt yet.

Could be different for other ppl

is it hard to pick your cabinets for kitchen and bathroom and then tiles later... Id want to compare them together before making a decision??? or is it easier then i am assuming lol

Thanks for that tapsk...at least we now know what tho expect...

poppet82
is it hard to pick your cabinets for kitchen and bathroom and then tiles later... Id want to compare them together before making a decision??? or is it easier then i am assuming lol

Very hard. You need to have in your head a rough colour scheme you want.

poppet82

We sort of looked at tiles ahead of time (went to Beaumont I've weekend to check) so we pretty much we have a idea...
Tapsk, how many choices was there to choose from ibn their standard range for the cabinets and handles and taps

tapasr_Lexia4

Thats exciting!!!
We had our colour selection app on 26th sept. Then we got our commencement letter 2.5 weeks later. Then work started a few weeks later on the 3rd december.
We did our electrical plan at the same time as our colour appt.
The electrician called us yesterday to see if we wanted to add anything. We are adding another light out the front and nbn package.
Good luck with your appointment. It will be a great day.

Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum