Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 713 of 828
Manhattan52
twolittlepeas
Hi Everyone! We had our PCI yesterday. It went smoothly, practically zero issues. We are very happy with the finishes. The SS checked our house himself and already got the painter to fix all the touch ups, so we didn't even need to do that. Love our SS.

Here are some photos.

That's it, its finally finished! It felt good to see it completed. Just gotta organise payment and wait for the keyssssssss *happy*

I was an active silent reader on this forum, so thank you to everyone who shared their experience and answered my questions on the thread and in private!! thank you thank you

Congratulations twolittlepeas absolutely stunning!

Congratulations!! You must be so happy! Looks fantastic!
Manhattan52
twolittlepeas
Manhattan52

Thank you manhattan52 !! I'm so in love with the kitchen.

How is your build going? Last I remember your pool was getting done first.

It’s beautiful, I have always loved your skylights. We are at bricks at the moment. Still on ground floor. Scaffold due mid next week. Things are going well and very happy with it all. Please post some more photos when your furniture is in

Thank you! the skylights is the best feature.

Awesome to hear the progress. Hope it continues that way for you. When do you think they will finish building?? I can't wait to see photos it!
Bebbsy
Ditto, lovely house, the finishes look great. You must be very pleased with the results. 😀

What tile do you have on your bathroom floor?

Thank you! Yes I am very happy with the finishes, and they are delivering the house earlier than expected too.

Our bathroom floor is a 500x500 matt porcelain tile from the builders range. We used the same tile for the living area but in gloss, and for the front porch in an external finish. I do prefer the matt. The colour of the gloss tile comes out a bit strange in photos. Its a lot whiter in person.

Hope that helps.
becks81
Manhattan52

Congratulations!! You must be so happy! Looks fantastic!

Thank you Becks81 I am! I didn't want to leave lol

And congrats to you also, exciting times ahead as your construction journey begins. Good luck!
M4bath
M4bath
Stukip
When you have storage under the stairs built in with door access (which I understand built in is standard?) does the DiLorenzo floor tiling quote cover this area?

No it doesn’t.

The area under the stairs is enclosed by default and for us we had add on cost for a door (design of ours is a stairs going straight up then a small turn at the top). I also got a quote from DLand thought that amount was not worth it to tile, will do something after hand over.

By the way, which demo company did you end up with?

Yeah we have straight stairs as well with an added two steps due to slope of land. Door under was added with lining. But no-one told us it wasn't tiled. How are you supposed to know this? Will likely do after handover now to avoid delays but just disappointing.

We used AtoZ Demolition which went ok.
Hey guys. Thinking of building with Wisdom down in wollongong. Any feedback or recent experiences would be much appreciated. Please also let me know if I'm on the wrong page.
Axr010
Hey guys. Thinking of building with Wisdom down in wollongong. Any feedback or recent experiences would be much appreciated. Please also let me know if I'm on the wrong page.

Hi Axr010.... Welcome to our family if you decide to sign up.
This is the right forum for you so happy reading
twolittlepeas, your house is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations and enjoy! Look forward to seeing more photos

Axr010, this is the thread to follow, should you chose Wisdom Homes! You will find many members here have a wealth of knowledge and are always willing to help and answer questions!

Melindaz, our Site Manager contacted us about 2 weeks ago before our land was even touched!

I think we'll get a slab today. The weather out here in the North West is sunny and dry - so far. Also, i got an email from Accounts with subject line "Slab Claim", i know it's a generic email but i think our Invoice is coming in the next few days - the only bill i look forward to paying

Hope everyone has a lovely week
twolittlepeas Yay! everything looks awesome

Congratulations
twolittlepeas
Hi Everyone! We had our PCI yesterday. It went smoothly, practically zero issues. We are very happy with the finishes. The SS checked our house himself and already got the painter to fix all the touch ups, so we didn't even need to do that. Love our SS.

Here are some photos.

That's it, its finally finished! It felt good to see it completed. Just gotta organise payment and wait for the keyssssssss *happy*

I was an active silent reader on this forum, so thank you to everyone who shared their experience and answered my questions on the thread and in private!! thank you thank you

Congratulations !!!!!!, when are you getting handover
ASJ1981
Hi guys for Landscaping, did you get Wisdom Landscapes to do the preparations required for landscaping (ie trimming all lawn levels)? To level our backyard, we need 4 trucks to remove the fill. Quote came a little higher than we thought. So we are thinking to do this after handover.

Just wondering, what exactly is involved in the preparations and trimming of lawn levels?

If the blocks around you are building , it may become difficult later.

Saying so, once the construction starts and then if you ask wisdom, they will charge you more as soil will then have concrete waste.
aaron2008
@kvav27 - We have those unfinished mortar look and I hate it. SS on the other hand said its okay.

About the concrete your landscaping will cover it eventually

Thanks aaron2008, i will make one last attempt on PCI day to get those concrete removed, lets see
Axr010

Hi Axr010, we are also building in Wollongong so feel free to PM me if you want to ask anything specific. One thing to keep in mind is that double Garage council regulations are 6mx6m so that will be additional cost (~6k for us).
jqcc0
Axr010

Hi Axr010, we are also building in Wollongong so feel free to PM me if you want to ask anything specific. One thing to keep in mind is that double Garage council regulations are 6mx6m so that will be additional cost (~6k for us).

Our garage is only 5.5m wide and we’re in Wollongong. Perhaps a developer requirement not council?
6m garage would be better. Ours is still not organised but not sure we could comfortably fit 2 cars in it.

MandM+4

Our garage is only 5.5m wide and we’re in Wollongong. Perhaps a developer requirement not council?
6m garage would be better. Ours is still not organised but not sure we could comfortably fit 2 cars in it.

Are you in Wollongong or Shellharbour council area? Our plans got rejected by Wollongong city council and we had to make it bigger which I preferred anyway but it took time.
jqcc0
MandM+4

Are you in Wollongong or Shellharbour council area? Our plans got rejected by Wollongong city council and we had to make it bigger which I preferred anyway but it took time.

Wollongong. Was a CDC though not DA.

We got a slab yesterday! Yay!
ASJ1981

Congratulations !!!!!
Stukip
When you have storage under the stairs built in with door access (which I understand built in is standard?) does the DiLorenzo floor tiling quote cover this area?

We closed in our staircase. Unfortunately once you close in the staircase it is considered an additional tiling area which must be paid for. I argued the point at tender stage in that had I not closed off the area it would have formed part of the main floor included in the tiling allowance. Unfortunately it was like talking to a brick wall, they wouldn’t budge. We were quoted $1800 to tile under our staircase.
ASJ1981

Congrats hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum