Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stockland Elara at Marsden Park

Page 72 of 142
Hi,

Good day. I am new to the forum. our construction has just been started and piering was just completed. The Builder gave allowace for 90 linear meters however actual piering came back to 150 linear meters. Has any one experience such high piering in Elara?

Thanks
Elara Resident
Hi,

Good day. I am new to the forum. our construction has just been started and piering was just completed. The Builder gave allowace for 90 linear meters however actual piering came back to 150 linear meters. Has any one experience such high piering in Elara?

Thanks

Hmm what size house?

Do you have any drain water easements on your lot?
Gabriel1012
Hi,

Good day. I am new to the forum. We are looking at a lot in Geranium St.
375m2. The broker is quoting us $749K for 4 bedroom bathroom & 2 garage. Do you think this is reasonable? Thank you.

Hi,

You pay a premium for not having to wait for registration etc.

In Nov 2014 we secure 300m2 for $299k, and are building a 2 story, 4 bedroom, single garage for $350k. Land has since been valued at $400k, which would bring the value to $750k. So the price you are being quoted seems fair. Our build cost of $350k includes about $45k worth of upgrades though (facade upgrade, roof upgrade, extended alfresco slab, electrical upgrades, air con upgrade etc and lots more) . I am not sure what is included in the house being quoted to you. Generally the house and land package will be all the basic inclusions I think, but would vary from builder to builder.
Anyone here who knows stage 21 & 22 land release?Are there prices reasonable? I have just quoted $421k for 350 sq m on a 12.5 sq m frontage. Will be the next release be cheaper?
Do you guys suggest if I'll wait for the next release?
Hi EM1

thank you for your response

The size of the house is 25 squares single story . I do not have any drain water easements on my lot however the lot next to me has sewer line so piers on one side of the slab approx 12 of them has to go as deep as 3500mm. The rest are normal. so i did not expect it to go this high if i average it out each pier is 2500mm deep which I think looks too much.

The slab has in total 60 Piers for H1 Slab. The dimentions of the slab is 11 meter wide and 20.5 meter long.

Thanks
EM1
Elara Resident
Hi,

Thanks

Hmm what size house?

Do you have any drain water easements on your lot?

Hi EM1

thank you for your response

The size of the house is 25 squares single story . I do not have any drain water easements on my lot however the lot next to me has sewer line so piers on one side of the slab approx 12 of them has to go as deep as 3500mm. The rest are normal. so i did not expect it to go this high if i average it out each pier is 2500mm deep which I think looks too much.

The slab has in total 60 Piers for H1 Slab. The dimentions of the slab is 11 meter wide and 20.5 meter long.

Thanks
@Elara Resident: That hurts! However the additional cost should be no more than $6K. I know of one builder who provides 90 lineal meters allowance for concrete piering. Is your allowance for spoilage also 90 tons?
kaycee
@Elara Resident: That hurts! However the additional cost should be no more than $6K. I know of one builder who provides 90 lineal meters allowance for concrete piering. Is your allowance for spoilage also 90 tons?

Hi Kaycee

The variation builder has sent me is just for the excess piering at $95 + GST per linear meter.I am just surprised that piering has gone over so much on my lot when other people I know in the area had only very small variation.

can builder inflate the piering or is this strictly monitored by the council and engineers ? is there a way to verify the piering?
@Elara Resident: You should have been notified by the Site Supervisor when the piering is to be done so you could have witnessed it and sign the findings to acknowledge its veracity. The measurement is solely based on the report provided by the contractor to the builder. It is the contractor who makes money when you go over the allowance. I think I also know the company who did the piering.

LAND SALES UPDATE: Invites have been sent out to the VIP members for the Panorama Land Release 2 and 3. I encourage the Elara Sales Centre as soon as possible for more details.

"Sizes in this release range from 375m2 - 450m2 and are priced from $430,000 - $480,500. These Panorama homesites are located in a quiet pocket in Elara and are and just a short walk from the local park.

Panorama lots feature wider frontages and are deeper in length, allowing you the ease to build the house of your dreams for you and your family. Enjoy easy access to shops, childcare and school from these brand new lots. The anticipated registration of these land lots is mid 2017."
[quote="kaycee"]@Elara Resident: You should have been notified by the Site Supervisor when the piering is to be done so you could have witnessed it and sign the findings to acknowledge its veracity. The measurement is solely based on the report provided by the contractor to the builder. It is the contractor who makes money when you go over the allowance. I think I also know the company who did the piering.

Hi Kaycee

The site supervisor did send me a message advising piering is going deep, however they did not confirm total piering the same day. Is there any way to confirm piering has gone deep for example receipt from concreter advising how much concrete was used ?
Elara Resident
kaycee
@Elara Resident: You should have been notified by the Site Supervisor when the piering is to be done so you could have witnessed it and sign the findings to acknowledge its veracity. The measurement is solely based on the report provided by the contractor to the builder. It is the contractor who makes money when you go over the allowance. I think I also know the company who did the piering.

Hi Kaycee

The site supervisor did send me a message advising piering is going deep, however they did not confirm total piering the same day. Is there any way to confirm piering has gone deep for example receipt from concreter advising how much concrete was used ?

Just ask your SS.
I'm sure your SS with be able to give you the paperwork and details of the piering.
Hi everyone

How is Stockland in terms of land registration? Have anyone experienced extensive delays in land rego at any stage? Recently secured a land at Elara Panorama release but bit confused whether to put down a deposit with the builder or not. Rego for the land is mid next year.
1st home builder
Hi everyone

How is Stockland in terms of land registration? Have anyone experienced extensive delays in land rego at any stage? Recently secured a land at Elara Panorama release but bit confused whether to put down a deposit with the builder or not. Rego for the land is mid next year.

Congratulations @1st Home Builder. Stockland kept promise and registered my land(Stage 10) on time no delays.
Does anyone purchase house and land package with Eden Brae in Elara?
Does the 2.6 comes as standard inclusion? Really want to know especially if you have celebration sale bonus on it. Can anyone help?
Hi Guys,

New to this forum. we bought land and home package last year from metricon and finally got our council approval. We are currently doing all the appointments for internal selection and hopefully construction should start sometime in June end or July. Anyone in the same stage?
That is great to know @Vikas77. We are at very similar situation too. Stage 10 rego with Stockland and Eden Brae H&L. Signed off on Construction Drawings last week, now eagerly waiting for the piering to begin. Mind you, it took EBH just over a month to move our file to construction since receiving CDC approval.
Hi Vikas77, we are also building with Metricon, our plans are in council as of now and we have finished our internal appointments. I will PM you my number. Let us talk.
Hi, We have booked our home and land package in Elara Stockland with Clarendon homes.
Does anybody knows if there is natural gas supply and 3 phase electricity supply for the lots, as Clarendon Homes is not confirming this. Will really appreciate the reply. Thanks.
@Nis: The 2 items you queried should be available at Elara. You can query with other builders if Clarendon Homes does not know.
sp [at] elara
Hi Guys,

First time on the forum.

I have a block at Elara and planning to get Reward Homes to build my home. Has anyone heard of them. Anyone built with them??

I am planning to go with ECO QT panel (similar to Hebel).

Their price is great and great inclusions as well, just not sure about company, please help.

SP

Hi Sam,

I have also bought land in release 12. My registration is late may or early june. I have met with Reward homes and they looks promising. Did you built with them? Please share your experience. My email address is abhishek8885@yahoo.com
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum