Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 710 of 828
At what point do we let Wisdom know we would be engaging in an external building inspector? And who do we notify? CSR or SS??
ASJ1981
At what point do we let Wisdom know we would be engaging in an external building inspector? And who do we notify? CSR or SS??

Just let your SS know when they call.
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

Thank you! He called today for the first time- introductory call. I forgot to mention it! Sort of caught me in a bad time as I had the worse migraine. Anyway will send him an email or get hubby to call him and let him know... I also met the landscaping guy today onsite.
ASJ1981
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

Thank you! He called today for the first time- introductory call. I forgot to mention it! Sort of caught me in a bad time as I had the worse migraine. Anyway will send him an email or get hubby to call him and let him know... I also met the landscaping guy today onsite.

Did he say when your slab will be poured?
[/quote]

Just let your SS know when they call.[/quote]

Thank you! He called today for the first time- introductory call. I forgot to mention it! Sort of caught me in a bad time as I had the worse migraine. Anyway will send him an email or get hubby to call him and let him know... I also met the landscaping guy today onsite.[/quote]

Did he say when your slab will be poured?[/quote]

Piering this Wednesday then slab the week after. He said he has ordered/booked all the jobs for the next 7 weeks. At least I think that's what he said 😂 Does slab happen a week after piering?
ASJ1981

Just let your SS know when they call.[/quote]

Thank you! He called today for the first time- introductory call. I forgot to mention it! Sort of caught me in a bad time as I had the worse migraine. Anyway will send him an email or get hubby to call him and let him know... I also met the landscaping guy today onsite.[/quote]

Did he say when your slab will be poured?[/quote]

Piering this Wednesday then slab the week after. He said he has ordered/booked all the jobs for the next 7 weeks. At least I think that's what he said 😂 Does slab happen a week after piering?[/quote]

Yep if it doesn’t rain.
If that's the case, I'll get hubby to email him first thing tomorrow morning and let him know about building inspector as we have to give at least 1 weeks notice to Houspect.

I actually checked the 14 day forecast last week and this week it's supposed to rain and next week will be mostly sunny days so fingers crossed (North West Sydney).

By the way, does anyone know, if we are contributing to slab progress payment from own funds, is it best to pay our share first then get Wisdom to issue another Tax Invoice minus what we paid? Not sure how it works...
ASJ1981
If that's the case, I'll get hubby to email him first thing tomorrow morning and let him know about building inspector as we have to give at least 1 weeks notice to Houspect.

I actually checked the 14 day forecast last week and this week it's supposed to rain and next week will be mostly sunny days so fingers crossed (North West Sydney).

By the way, does anyone know, if we are contributing to slab progress payment from own funds, is it best to pay our share first then get Wisdom to issue another Tax Invoice minus what we paid? Not sure how it works...

quick tip, make sure you inspect before the slab is poured so you can check that all reo is installed correctly, all sewer pipes are in the correct location and that termite collars have been correctly installed.

good luck
SejaeD
ASJ1981

quick tip, make sure you inspect before the slab is poured so you can check that all reo is installed correctly, all sewer pipes are in the correct location and that termite collars have been correctly installed.

good luck

Thanks SejaeD! Will definitely look out for it! We are also enlisting Housepect to check every major stage in build as we aren't that "cluey" as we are first time builders. We can only read and research as much but definitely need an expert building inspector to thoroughly check.
ASJ1981
SejaeD
ASJ1981

good luck

Thanks SejaeD! Will definitely look out for it! We are also enlisting Housepect to check every major stage in build as we aren't that "cluey" as we are first time builders. We can only read and research as much but definitely need an expert building inspector to thoroughly check.

I am happy to help as well as even though I am sure Housepect are brilliant they are only human and they may miss things.

I am finding with mine that I have missed things that my engineers find and they miss things that I find etc God knows my builder has missed hundreds of things!

If you take lots and lots of photos I would be more that happy to provide comments, especially of the slab, structural steel, framing and flooring stage as I know what to look out for. I am really good with the BCA requirements as well.

Its an exciting time and its also an excellent time to learn about how a house is put together.

anyway, happy to help where I can
Although, my slab is suspended slab as requested by council. I was told by my SS that everything has been ordered and my slab will be completed Feb 8. This did not happen. Only the plumbing and the garage slab was completed.

Now the SS called to tell me they were putting my build on hold pending when Tiger Tails can be installed. This was never required at the start of the build or post demolition only for the SS to make it a requiremen now.

I contacted Tiger Tails and they have requested only the lower comms cable requires it and not all the higher power lines as requested by WH especially as there is the 3m rule as the crane not getting closer closer to the power line and since the comms lines is below so putting on the comms line should be sufficient. This is the stage I am with WH. I will never recommend WH to any family or friends. My experience has been terrible with them.
I’m confused, my CSR said that WH are in charge until the slab is poured, then they will allocate an SS from that point forward.

I thought I posted earlier but I think it may have timed out and my post is now missing. We have had our fence and portaloo go on site on Saturday and the site appears to be excavated/scraped. I presume next step is piering, any idea how long it usually takes for this to take place?

ASJ1981 We seem so close together in our smtimeframe, the forecast doesn’t look good for mid week so I’m assuming not until next week?

We haven’t filled in the paperwork for the external inspector yet but they want to know when the slab will be poured, should I just say TBA? I’m assuming nobody can actually tell me a date yet.
becks81
I’m confused, my CSR said that WH are in charge until the slab is poured, then they will allocate an SS from that point forward.

I thought I posted earlier but I think it may have timed out and my post is now missing. We have had our fence and portaloo go on site on Saturday and the site appears to be excavated/scraped. I presume next step is piering, any idea how long it usually takes for this to take place?

ASJ1981 We seem so close together in our smtimeframe, the forecast doesn’t look good for mid week so I’m assuming not until next week?

We haven’t filled in the paperwork for the external inspector yet but they want to know when the slab will be poured, should I just say TBA? I’m assuming nobody can actually tell me a date yet.

Depends on the SS as to when they contact you. There is usually a handover/briefing between CSR and SS first and that may not happen until slab is poured. Depends how quick it happens.

Mine called me before excavation. Weather isn’t looking too flash this week. My site has been empty the last 3 weeks waiting on bricklayers. They are meant to start tomorrow so hoping the rain is just afternoon showers

In regards to slab just say TBA. I didn’t have to give any notice when slab and frames were done. I emailed them and they booked the inspections in very quickly
Manhattan52
becks81

Depends on the SS as to when they contact you. There is usually a handover/briefing between CSR and SS first and that may not happen until slab is poured. Depends how quick it happens.

Mine called me before excavation. Weather isn’t looking too flash this week. My site has been empty the last 3 weeks waiting on bricklayers. They are meant to start tomorrow so hoping the rain is just afternoon showers

In regards to slab just say TBA. I didn’t have to give any notice when slab and frames were done. I emailed them and they booked the inspections in very quickly

Thanks. I better get onto it!!

Stupid question, but if inspecting the slab, do they come out the day it’s poured or after it’s cured? If there are issues, like levels or even anything more substantial, will it be a major job to correct?
becks81
Manhattan52
becks81

Thanks. I better get onto it!!

Stupid question, but if inspecting the slab, do they come out the day it’s poured or after it’s cured? If there are issues, like levels or even anything more substantial, will it be a major job to correct?

After it’s cured. So when you get your slab invoice. You notify your inspector. They will organise

Any issues your slab can be fixed. After slub is external plumbing and services like electricity, gas etc
Is Piering and Wafflepods done on the same day?
ASJ1981

No I’m not aware that they are

The concrete in the piers need to dry
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

Thank you! Our Piering is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday) as per SS phone call yesterday. There is afternoon storms the following day (Thursday). So I'm guessing wafflepods won't be done till early/mid next week. Which means slab around the last week of Feb or first week of March. I shouldn't get too impatient I guess, haha!
ASJ1981
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

Thank you! Our Piering is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday) as per SS phone call yesterday. There is afternoon storms the following day (Thursday). So I'm guessing wafflepods won't be done till early/mid next week. Which means slab around the last week of Feb or first week of March. I shouldn't get too impatient I guess, haha!

The waffle pods should only take 2 days I think. Depends on size and then pour the slab day after. I think you will have a slab late next week
Manhattan52
The waffle pods should only take 2 days I think. Depends on size and then pour the slab day after. I think you will have a slab late next week

Thank you manhattan52. I really do hope so! I was a little off when SS called yesterday and all i really heard was piering this Wednesday, wafflepods a few days later then slab after that.

It's abit of a trip from our current place to the land so sometimes it's been a waste of petrol going there and then see no progress. Excavation was almost 2 weeks ago. Wonder what's happening to the online portal that Wisdom was going to release?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum